Join us in welcoming the ten scholars, who have been chosen for EU2014. They range in age from 18 to 53, and two are returning from EU2013. To meet these outstanding individuals and find out what makes them tick, check out their profiles at EU2014 In the News. These scholarships were made possible by generous donations by Thunderbolts contributors. Thank you!
Ivan Stancek (Slovakia)
Arnold Clifford (New Mexico)
Benjamin Voss (Texas)
Erica Reiner (Arizona)
Angie Lee (Arizona)
Katherine Fitzgerald (Ontario)
Allison Gillot (California)
Lilly Black (Oregon)
Jack Passmore (New Mexico)
Cameran Frisbee (California)
Sophie Szoke (Hungary and New Mexico)
A global invitation to students: find your future in the awakening of scientific imagination
In recent years, education in the sciences has risen to an urgent priority. Each year, our colleges graduate fewer students with science majors, and all of the space sciences have suffered greatly diminished funding due to the collapse of public interest. Yet nothing occurring in the world today can compare to the power of the Electric Universe to re-animate scientific education and attract young people to new frontiers in the sciences. Is it possible that a new generation of scientists could arise, one with a passion for discovery and fully supported by the explosion of new technologies and limitless potential for creative expression?
At EU2013, 13 student conference scholarships were awarded because of generous contributions from those interested in reigniting student interest in science. From humble beginnings over the past three years, the conference scholarship program has produced exceptional results. For the third annual EU2014 Conference: All About Evidence, March 20-24, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA, up to 8 scholarships covering travel, room expense and the conference registration fee will be granted.
To reach this goal of 8 student conference scholarships, we have launched a fund raising campaign. You can make a difference in the lives of students wishing to attend the conference by clicking on the DONATE button. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
The scholarships will be awarded based on unique strengths of individual applicants, including responses to questions, educational initiatives, depth of interest as well as recommendations from teachers or professors.
Message to Students
If you are a student at any level from the seventh grade through college or postgraduate work and have aspirations to be a scientist on the frontiers of discovery, you are invited to submit an application for a conference scholarship. Of course, there will be “judges,” but all bureaucratic protocols have been tossed out. Only the tests of factual accuracy, originality, insight and personal motivation will apply. This is a student’s best opportunity to draw on his own natural talent and imagination, to open doors within the growing Electric Universe community and beyond! For those who applied last year and did not receive a scholarship, we encourage you to apply again.
Submitting Your Application
- Applications will be accepted beginning November 1, 2013.
- Deadline for submissions will be January 15, 2014.
- All finalists will be announced by February 1, 2014.
- Students 15 years of age or older are encouraged to apply. Those under age 18 must have their parent’s permission.
- Award specifics will be negotiated with each finalist or legal guardian.
- All decisions regarding conference scholarships are final and not subject to appeal.
- Send your full name, date of birth, grade level, current address including country, email address and phone number.
- Send a personal recommendation from a teacher or professor.
- You choose the style and content of your submission. Feel free to tell your own story by using the suggestions below or your own ideas. Choose whatever mode of communication conveys your message best. For example, write an essay, compile a video presentation or present your personal observations on camera.
- The highlight of the message should emphasize the driving force of the Electric Universe movement in your life.
- Suggestions: tell us about yourself, your special interests or notable accomplishments. How did you discover the Electric Universe? Describe the Electric Universe evidence that you’ve found most convincing. Tell us about your favorite scientist, scholar or published author. Do you dream of a career in the sciences? If so, what has been your inspiration?
- All applicant submissions will be held in the strictest confidence except where written permission of the applicant or legal guardian is given for promotional or other uses of submitted content.
- Accuracy in all information provided is expected, and false information will be grounds for disqualification.
- All adolescents under the age of 18 will be accompanied to the conference by a parent or parental designee, who will take sole responsibility for the minor.
Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your submission requires URLs to videos, articles, or images, these URLs can be included in the email submission. The same email should include all attachments.