Plasma (as gas) in human body

What is a human being? What is life? Can science give us reliable answers to such questions? The electricity of life. The meaning of human consciousness. Are we alone? Are the traditional contests between science and religion still relevant? Does the word "spirit" still hold meaning today?

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

Plasma (as gas) in human body

Unread postby bdaniel7 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:27 am

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know what are the minimal requirements as in electrical charge, gas density, gas composition, for a gas to be called plasma?

I searched the internet but could not find a clear answer.

I was wondering whether the air in the lungs, during slow and rithmic breathing, can turn into some sort of a weak plasma, with electric properties.
bdaniel7
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:53 am

Re: Plasma (as gas) in human body

Unread postby Nitai » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:33 am

Interesting you bring that up.

Ever heard of Pranayama?
"If you take a highly intelligent person and give them the best possible, elite education, then you will most likely wind up with an academic who is completely impervious to reality.” - Halton Arp.
Nitai
 
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:07 am

Re: Plasma (as gas) in human body

Unread postby Dotini » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:54 am

Nitai wrote:Ever heard of Pranayama?


Pranayama is a yogic practice of breath control. Breath control is related to consciousness, and to the boundary to the autonomic nervous system. Pranayama may be an effective method to safely attain altered states of consciousness.

Respectfully submitted, open to correction,
Dotini
Dotini
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:44 am
Location: Seattle

Re: Plasma (as gas) in human body

Unread postby KeepitRealMark » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:52 pm

I contend that all life absorbs the energy in plasma.
I believe we breathe it in and it keeps us alive.
Does Oxygen contain energy?
Since there is no barrier around Earth that keeps the atmosphere in… and the plasma out. I am sure it is a blend of all the various gasses that make up the atmosphere. Plasma is the most dominate of all. The source of all life’s energy.
KeepitRealMark
Guest
 

Re: Plasma (as gas) in human body

Unread postby Aristarchus » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:25 am

KeppitRealMark wrote:Since there is no barrier around Earth that keeps the atmosphere in… and the plasma out.


Mark,

Could you explain this a bit more? I might be misinterpeting what your trying to state, but referring to the standard model it states the following:

Extraordinary Earth - Gravity/Magnetism

The Earth's atmosphere is kept in place because of the gravitational pull the Earth exerts on particles in the atmosphere. But part of the Earth's atmosphere does float out into space. The part that is lost out into space is the extremely light particles like Hydrogen which can escape the Earth's gravity. But the Earth's atmosphere is also replenished by releases from planetary volcanism. So no worries!


Or are you referring to the model as explained by Wallace Thornhill?

Martian Storms Point to Electric Universe

But in the Electric Universe, interplanetary currents focused on the Sun play a vital role in charging up planetary ionospheres -- a key to understanding the evolution of weather systems. Electric theorist Wallace Thornhill likens the Earth's atmosphere to the "self repairing, leaky insulation" between the conductive plates of a global capacitor. The conducting ionosphere forms one plate of the spherical capacitor, while the Earth's surface is the other. Lightning manifests the "leakiness" of the capacitor, as currents break through the insulating atmosphere to dissipate charge.

The clear-air voltage gradient of Earth at sea level is about 100 volts per meter. In standard meteorology, it is the electric power of THUNDERSTORMS that "charge-up the ionosphere". But the electric theorists see this as an inversion of cause and effect. There would be no thunderstorms in the absence of Earth's electric field.
An object is cut off from its name, habits, associations. Detached, it becomes only the thing, in and of itself. When this disintegration into pure existence is at last achieved, the object is free to become endlessly anything. ~ Jim Morrison
User avatar
Aristarchus
 
Posts: 332
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:05 am

Re: Plasma (as gas) in human body

Unread postby KeepitRealMark » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:45 pm

Aristarchus wrote:
KeppitRealMark wrote:Since there is no barrier around Earth that keeps the atmosphere in… and the plasma out.


Mark,

Could you explain this a bit more? I might be misinterpeting what your trying to state, but referring to the standard model it states the following:

Extraordinary Earth - Gravity/Magnetism

The Earth's atmosphere is kept in place because of the gravitational pull the Earth exerts on particles in the atmosphere. But part of the Earth's atmosphere does float out into space. The part that is lost out into space is the extremely light particles like Hydrogen which can escape the Earth's gravity. But the Earth's atmosphere is also replenished by releases from planetary volcanism. So no worries!


Or are you referring to the model as explained by Wallace Thornhill?

Martian Storms Point to Electric Universe

But in the Electric Universe, interplanetary currents focused on the Sun play a vital role in charging up planetary ionospheres -- a key to understanding the evolution of weather systems. Electric theorist Wallace Thornhill likens the Earth's atmosphere to the "self repairing, leaky insulation" between the conductive plates of a global capacitor. The conducting ionosphere forms one plate of the spherical capacitor, while the Earth's surface is the other. Lightning manifests the "leakiness" of the capacitor, as currents break through the insulating atmosphere to dissipate charge.

The clear-air voltage gradient of Earth at sea level is about 100 volts per meter. In standard meteorology, it is the electric power of THUNDERSTORMS that "charge-up the ionosphere". But the electric theorists see this as an inversion of cause and effect. There would be no thunderstorms in the absence of Earth's electric field.




I like what Thornhill stated. The atmosphere is a constantly changing variable that constantly replaces itself.
The electric activity displays the changes. I don’t go along with the gravity idea. I believe over time, the entire atmosphere gets lost in space and replaced. I believe if the generation of gasses were to stop, the atmosphere would change and we’d be in trouble fast.
I believe we are inhaling a blend of gasses mixed with plasma as we write these comments. It keeps us alive.
Where else would we get our energy? Is it in the other gasses?
I may be the only person saying that, but I believe it
KeepitRealMark
Guest
 

Re: Plasma (as gas) in human body

Unread postby bdaniel7 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:39 am

Nitai wrote:Interesting you bring that up.

Ever heard of Pranayama?


Yes, I have, I know what pranayama is. But it is the process itself.
I'm interested in the results, explained in terms of electricity.
bdaniel7
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:53 am

Re: Plasma (as gas) in human body

Unread postby Sparky » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:24 am

I doubt if the action breathing can create ions...there are free ions in the air. and ions are part of the cells' mechanisms.
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire
Sparky
 
Posts: 3517
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:20 pm

Re: Plasma (as gas) in human body

Unread postby KeepitRealMark » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:50 pm

Sparky wrote:I doubt if the action breathing can create ions...there are free ions in the air. and ions are part of the cells' mechanisms.



Hi Sparky

I think we a close enough in our ideas.
I can't explain the process, but I believe all life gets it's life energy from the atmosphere. From the plasma.
Where else would/could it come from?
KeepitRealMark
Guest
 

Re: Plasma (as gas) in human body

Unread postby chillywings » Tue May 31, 2011 12:14 am

KeepitRealMark wrote:
Sparky wrote:I doubt if the action breathing can create ions...there are free ions in the air. and ions are part of the cells' mechanisms.



Hi Sparky

I think we a close enough in our ideas.
I can't explain the process, but I believe all life gets it's life energy from the atmosphere. From the plasma.
Where else would/could it come from?



I hate to be rude, but, idk, food? Metabolism? Let's not overlook the obvious here. I think electromagnetism and plasma play a big role in life, just as is does the universe, but not in providing it with energy.
chillywings
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 09, 2011 9:57 am

Re: Plasma (as gas) in human body

Unread postby CTJG 1986 » Tue May 31, 2011 2:17 pm

chillywings wrote:
KeepitRealMark wrote:
Sparky wrote:I doubt if the action breathing can create ions...there are free ions in the air. and ions are part of the cells' mechanisms.



Hi Sparky

I think we a close enough in our ideas.
I can't explain the process, but I believe all life gets it's life energy from the atmosphere. From the plasma.
Where else would/could it come from?



I hate to be rude, but, idk, food? Metabolism? Let's not overlook the obvious here. I think electromagnetism and plasma play a big role in life, just as is does the universe, but not in providing it with energy.


Howdy there, I don't mean to be rude myself but it seems you may be misunderstanding what is meant here by "energy".

Could you explain in detail how consuming food and having it broken down in your stomach and digested converts it into bio-electrical energy that flows throughout the human body and produces brain waves, pulses/heart beats, all the nervous system needs for muscles and feelings/senses and such?

Maybe the heart produces all of that energy, but how does the food we consume contain and provide all of that energy(beyond electrolytes)?

There is a massive amount of energy within the human body, yet it takes very little food input to sustain it.

I can see it sustaining the biological systems that the energy flows through and uses but not actually producing bio-electrical energy itself.

If the heart itself produces the energy then what is the actual fuel powering that bio-electrical generator?

Does the digestion of food somehow produce energy that is then transferred to the heart and then converted to the bio-electrical variety used by our bodies? How so exactly?

All food is ultimately made up of atomic "particles" which contain energy, or at least all of the "components" necessary to produce energy, so I have no problem with "food" being the answer though I am curious how precisely that works both from a conventional perspective and an EU/EM perspective.

Personally I'd focus more on the liquid side of things obviously though, you can survive without food for a lot longer than without water or other liquid "fuel".

But then air/gas is made up of the same atomic "particles", so maybe there is a bit of that involved too?

Viewing the matter from an EU perspective offers many possibilities beyond just the standard "model" of 'food does it'.

Maybe there is nothing to it and all the energy comes from non-EM based systems, but what is the harm in discussing it here or even researching it openly?

Jonny
The difference between a Creationist and a believer in the Big Bang is that the Creationists admit they are operating on blind faith... Big Bang believers call their blind faith "theoretical mathematical variables" and claim to be scientists rather than the theologists they really are.
CTJG 1986
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:46 pm
Location: Southwestern Ontario, Canada

Re: Plasma (as gas) in human body

Unread postby CCCstar » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:58 am

This note is for Jonny:

CTJG 1986 wrote:
chillywings wrote:
KeepitRealMark wrote:
Sparky wrote:I doubt if the action breathing can create ions...there are free ions in the air. and ions are part of the cells' mechanisms.


I can't explain the process, but I believe all life gets it's life energy from the atmosphere. From the plasma.
Where else would/could it come from?

..., idk, food? Metabolism? .

...
Could you explain in detail how consuming food and having it broken down in your stomach and digested converts it into bio-electrical energy that flows throughout the human body and produces brain waves, pulses/heart beats, all the nervous system needs for muscles and feelings/senses and such?


This energy of digestion is pretty well documented and measured. You ask good questions, and I think they all have good answers. You are not what you eat, but your body is what it digested.

Some subjects you might find interesting are
[*]Sports physiology - from Sumo Wrestlers to NFL and Olympic specialists, calculation of energy a person needs and our bodies ability to store it and release that energy, explosively or over sustained time, are a big subject.

[*]Dietary Sciences in Medical Therapy have measured the effects of different kinds of food to give people with different sickness so the food becomes part of the healing process.

[*]Veterinary studies, each animal has ideal diets for its intended purpose as well.
I Grok Pollack. Dr. Gerald Pollack is going to rock your universe in Vegas!
User avatar
CCCstar
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:40 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: Plasma (as gas) in human body

Unread postby Tina » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:19 am

CTJG 1986 wrote: There is a massive amount of energy within the human body, yet it takes very little food input to sustain it....If the heart itself produces the energy then what is the actual fuel powering that bio-electrical generator?

Jonny


It is interesting to note that Irving Langmuir named 'plasma' because it reminded him of a blood plasma!

Sadly I have limited physiological knowledge but I think that the cardiovascular system, and especially the capillary system, is the generator of bio-electric/bio-chemical reactions.
Capillaries are the site where oxygen and other nutrients in the blood are actually delivered to the tissues of the body.


But we must also note that capillaries are involved in all neuronal firings.

Internal combustion needs oxygen which is delivered via bloodstream and internal body temperature with which the body most efficiently performs its physical/chemical processes is around 98.4* Fahr. That's a lot of heat which I'm sure can cause ionization.


Also the heart generates a measurable electromagnetic field. 8-)

In view of these points - the heart, blood and oxygen hold the key to understanding our bio-electrical generator.
User avatar
Tina
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:33 pm
Location: NSW Australia

Re: Plasma (as gas) in human body

Unread postby Sparky » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:45 am

bdaniel7 posted:
Does anyone know what are the minimal requirements as in electrical charge, gas density, gas composition, for a gas to be called plasma?


From last question to first, gas is not a plasma. A gas may contain some ions or free electrons, which are plasma. A single electron with it's inherent neg. charge, or some ion with it's pos. charge could be considered as constituent parts of a plasma, though it would take some specific density of each within a charge differential environment to initiate current flow.

Lightning is a discharge between high charge differentials. The evolution of a lightning strike produces plasma from atmospheric gases, and this plasma allows a high current flow which is observed in the main strike. The plasma then dissipates, or reforms to non-plasma matter.

As for plasma density and charge differentials within our bodies, the voltages and currents are very low, measured in micro- to milli-amps/volts.

this is my simple explanation because i think in simple terms.. :D
"It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong."
"Doubt is not an agreeable condition, but certainty is an absurd one."
"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire
Sparky
 
Posts: 3517
Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:20 pm

Re: Plasma (as gas) in human body

Unread postby Scott MC » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:37 pm

Sparky wrote: A single electron with it's inherent neg. charge, or some ion with it's pos. charge could be considered as constituent parts of a plasma, though it would take some specific density of each within a charge differential environment to initiate current flow.

...

As for plasma density and charge differentials within our bodies, the voltages and currents are very low, measured in micro- to milli-amps/volts.

... :D


So plasma is latent everywhere?
99.999+% of everything can't be that simple, can it?
User avatar
Scott MC
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:00 pm
Location: Tweed Valley, NSW


Return to The Human Question

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests