Ceres!

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.

Moderators: MGmirkin, bboyer

dahlenaz

Re: Ceres!

Unread post by dahlenaz » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:05 am

If you are having problems with the gif not looping,, as i am, I've place a screen-shot loop
with an explanation at the following link on my youtube channel: dahlenaz07

youtu.be/bYN51DgW-Sc

In this animation from the Dawn Mission you can see that
overlapping craters are offering a variety of surfaces for reflection
of light all from the same general area. This is made possible by
all the angles that occur where craters overlap. The overlapping
craters also offer higher surfaces due to the dished out adjacent
areas. So it seems that the sustained bright spots are not a
single spot but an area where many angles are offered as the
planet rotates them into a reflective angle favorable for light to
shine brightly towards the camera... In this location there are three
craters involved so what remains as a high feature is a peak with
120-degree angled surfaces, as well as other adjacent surfaces with
favorable angles to transmit light from traveling-reflections, Much like a disco-ball...

Video source:
http://dawn.jpl.nasa.gov/news/Ceres_bri ... o_view.asp

d..z

D_Archer

Unread post by D_Archer » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:30 am

dahlenaz wrote:If you play that animation frame by frame you will see that the first bright spot comes from the far edge (rim) of an
overlapping crater and then its outside edge ahead of it illuminates,, then at the end the inside edge of the adjacent
crater illuminates.. At the junction between overlapping craters there can occur more than enough varied angles
to cause sustained reflections in close proximity and some very exposed (appearing high) features due to the
adjacent dished out area... d...z

I do not see that. It is not an overlapping crater, it is 1 crater. The line spot is radially out from the center spot, like a spoke in a wheel. But this latest picture is more edge on; on the first picture of the bright spot it is more a little square/rectangular feature. It stops right at a rim where probably surface erosion is taking place, making the crater floor flat (and/or widening the rim)

The whole reflection explanation is too convoluted. It is obvious to me that light is being produced, light production is the first and best indication of an electrical discharge.

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

dahlenaz

Unread post by dahlenaz » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:26 pm

D_Archer wrote:
dahlenaz wrote:If you play that animation frame by frame you will see that the first bright spot comes from the far edge (rim) of an
overlapping crater and then its outside edge ahead of it illuminates,, then at the end the inside edge of the adjacent
crater illuminates.. At the junction between overlapping craters there can occur more than enough varied angles
to cause sustained reflections in close proximity and some very exposed (appearing high) features due to the
adjacent dished out area... d...z

I do not see that. It is not an overlapping crater, it is 1 crater. The line spot is radially out from the center spot, like a spoke in a wheel. But this latest picture is more edge on; on the first picture of the bright spot it is more a little square/rectangular feature. It stops right at a rim where probably surface erosion is taking place, making the crater floor flat (and/or widening the rim)

The whole reflection explanation is too convoluted. It is obvious to me that light is being produced, light production is the first and best indication of an electrical discharge.

Regards,
Daniel
Playing the animation frame by frame is so necessary because the small overlapping crater -to the
right of the first bright spot- only appears for a moment and then becomes less visible while the
left-foreground one appears...
Other image angles will verify its presence but i don't have time to fish them out,,, the animation
is quite revealing -additionally- of all the many overlapping craters that exist... d..z

viscount aero

Unread post by viscount aero » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:32 pm

The bright spots are not illuminated in the dark but brighten as the hemisphere rotates into the sunlight. If the bright spots were internally lit then they would glow in the dark but thus far I haven't seen any such footage from Dawn.

I want this to be something extraordinary of course. But the camera needs to plunge down much closer to the surface in order to resolve what these things are. Nothing can be said for certain about the bright spots at this time.

D_Archer

Unread post by D_Archer » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:54 am

viscount aero wrote:Nothing can be said for certain about the bright spots at this time.
That is why Electric Universe does predictions, but even EU is shying away from directly predicting what it will be. Probably due to the uncertainty.

I do not mind being wrong. My prediction of an Electrical Discharge stands firm.

---
About reflection or not:

"team member Chris Russell said there is quite conclusive evidence that the spots are reflecting light, not creating light.

“We have followed the light curve into the terminator,” he said. “The spots do get darker and then go out when the terminator is reached.”

The terminator is the term for the boundary between day and night
"

So mainstream seems pretty sure.
---

Regards,
Daniel
- Shoot Forth Thunder -

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:47 am

Here is a Space News video on Ceres:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2rf45WkE4s

viscount aero

Unread post by viscount aero » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:18 pm

D_Archer wrote:
viscount aero wrote:Nothing can be said for certain about the bright spots at this time.
That is why Electric Universe does predictions, but even EU is shying away from directly predicting what it will be. Probably due to the uncertainty.

I do not mind being wrong. My prediction of an Electrical Discharge stands firm.

---
About reflection or not:

"team member Chris Russell said there is quite conclusive evidence that the spots are reflecting light, not creating light.

“We have followed the light curve into the terminator,” he said. “The spots do get darker and then go out when the terminator is reached.”

The terminator is the term for the boundary between day and night
"

So mainstream seems pretty sure.
---

Regards,
Daniel
I'm a proponent of EU but I don't think everything is an electrical discharge phenomenon. The bright spots are a total mystery. They're not glowing in the dark which nixes the EU idea for me. But I have no idea why they exist. Dawn needs closeup photos of the sites. It's still too far to tell.

dahlenaz

Unread post by dahlenaz » Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:58 pm

Here is a marked up image and a link to a large one to show what i am looking at
as remnants that have left a very exposed and high feature which might be a lot
of reflective surfaces... d...z

http://para-az.com/ceres/brightng-1-mu.jpg

dahlenaz

Unread post by dahlenaz » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:31 am

nick c wrote:Here is a Space News video on Ceres:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2rf45WkE4s
Say Nick,
Did you see something in this video that gave something specific that was
applied to Ceres in a conclusive manner?

The video seems to use this opportunity and mystery to lay out a general overview of the electric
perspective and where it might be applied. And it limits those possibilities to only the EDM version's
characterises for an abreviated catastrophic variation without mentioning important factors which
should generate consideration of other catastrophist perspectives, such as: exploded planet -leaving
an ex-moon to obrit about a debris belt; electro-static discharge and subsequent deposition; or
a combination of the many...

If people are coming away from this video thinking that an EDM cause has been claimed for Ceres,
they may have streatched the intent of the material presented in the video...

So again, did you or anyone else see a speciic declaration of a mechanism which was applied
to Ceres or just an overview of the EDM perspective? d...z

viscount aero

Unread post by viscount aero » Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:55 am

dahlenaz wrote:
The video seems to use this opportunity and mystery to lay out a general overview of the electric
perspective and where it might be applied. And it limits those possibilities to only the EDM version's
characterises for an abreviated catastrophic variation without mentioning important factors which
should generate consideration of other catastrophist perspectives, such as: exploded planet -leaving
an ex-moon to obrit about a debris belt; electro-static discharge and subsequent deposition; or
a combination of the many...

If people are coming away from this video thinking that an EDM cause has been claimed for Ceres,
they may have streatched the intent of the material presented in the video...

So again, did you or anyone else see a speciic declaration of a mechanism which was applied
to Ceres or just an overview of the EDM perspective? d...z

No the video does not actually address Ceres' bright spots with specific explanations.

Again, the spots don't glow in the dark. Therefore any EU explanation for them falls off the radar for me. Why they didn't mention this is highly negligent. The spots are not explained by any theory at this time.

nick c
Site Admin

Unread post by nick c » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:38 am

d..z wrote:Did you see something in this video that gave something specific that was
applied to Ceres in a conclusive manner?
No.
My own opinion is that there is not enough information for a definite determination as to what we are seeing.
Reflections are a real phenomenon, and this could turn out to be that, but I suspect something electrical. The prudent course is to wait for more information, anything else is an educated guess. Of course, we are all free to speculate.

dahlenaz

Unread post by dahlenaz » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:05 pm

Thanks to you both , VA and nick, and anyone else that cares enough about clarity to speak up..

The less we hear of details on how an electric mechanism might explain what is seen,, including
the spots disappearing/reappearing nature,, the less interesting it gets...

Their statement at the end, about overlooked electrical factors, is a very clear stance but a bit disappointing.

Within the electrical perspective alone there is so much that is not being highlighted, from experiments
and other factors, that it seems to leaves too much hanging on the single thread of catastrophism.
That troubles me greatly, even though so much might be explained under a general electrical banner
there should be a much greater capability for specific identification on these celestial body matters.

This spinning body, Ceres, with a short dwell cycle, might offer us something that will stand out for us to
grasp at for determining the reach of electrical effects; where breakdown can be expected and how the day/night
cycle contributes to charge imballance. A dip in an ionosphere, as seen on Mars, might translate into a dip
that can also be detected on Ceres along with related ongoing activity but that is wishfull thinking on my part.

From the video it seems that old-processes are seen as the principle culperates responsible for surface modification and resulting characteristics which are producing incidental bright spots, and this may be confirmed as the
house-inclination based on a TPOD from a while back, so ongoing electric process may be the furtherst from their
expectations. d...z

The following non-commital form of statement is seen at the link that follows. There seems to be a pattern developing.

"Could the bright spots on Ceres be a specular response from glassified, electrically excavated pits? Since they seem to be there at different phases of its rotation, reflection might not be the answer: another phenomenon not yet considered could be causing the spots. Time will tell."

Stephen Smith

https://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/2015/0 ... will-tell/

viscount aero

Unread post by viscount aero » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:00 pm

The thing is that so much jumping to conclusions is happening while closeups of the region haven't even been released yet. There isn't enough visual data to know anything. So all of this assumption is erroneous.

dahlenaz

Unread post by dahlenaz » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:14 pm

viscount aero wrote:The thing is that so much jumping to conclusions is happening while closeups of the region haven't even been released yet. There isn't enough visual data to know anything. So all of this assumption is erroneous.
You are quite correct...
I hope any erroneous liberty take in explaining the various details to be considered
is not taken for anything more than its intended objective,, open-air sorting through puzzle pieces... d..z

viscount aero

Unread post by viscount aero » Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:26 pm

dahlenaz wrote:
viscount aero wrote:The thing is that so much jumping to conclusions is happening while closeups of the region haven't even been released yet. There isn't enough visual data to know anything. So all of this assumption is erroneous.
You are quite correct...
I hope any erroneous liberty take in explaining the various details to be considered
is not taken for anything more than its intended objective,, open-air sorting through puzzle pieces... d..z

I want this to be something special and extraordinary. Believe me.

I think that mainstream explanations are lacking already makes this a big deal--whatever it is.