Comparing Solar models with respect to solar wind.

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.
Michael Mozina

Comparing Solar models with respect to solar wind.

Unread post by Michael Mozina » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:00 am

I happened to glance over at "disinformation central' (ISF) this evening, and I caught a post that happened to typify the misinformation/disinformation problems that plague the EU/PC community. It was a post made by Lukeack_Sissor. I should preface my post by noting that I have no personal interest in electric comet concepts but his post was actually directed at solar wind observations. His statements were partially correct, but he missed a few important so called 'facts". It was also important IMO as it relates to "testing" various solar models associated with EU/PC theory, so I thought it was worth a conversation about it here as well.
Lukraak_Sisser wrote:
The solar wind contains both positive and negative ions.
That statement is true, Birkeland actually predicted it too.
These move with the same acceleration in the same direction, as an observed fact.
That' statement is only half true. *All* of the electrons and *some* of the protons flow away from the sun, but not all positive charged particles flow away from the sun, and the various particles don't move at the same speed. The speed variation issue and the incoming cosmic ray particles that he ignored however were important details when determining the total current.

First of all, there are two different kinds of electron flows coming from the sun, the slower moving solar wind particles, and the faster solar 'strahl" (beam electrons) coming from the sun which move at a considerably faster speed than the solar wind itself. Birkeland actually predicted from his experiments that both types of charged particles would flow from the sun for some distance. He based that belief based on his experiments when he noticed that a "soot" formed on the inside of his glass during his cathode solar model experiments. The soot turned out to be small bits of the surface of the terella that were ripped off the terella in a process known today as 'sputtering". He surmised that the the high speed (strahl) electrons would slam into and drag along positively charged particles and therefore the sun would tend to generate a slower speed solar 'wind' that was composed of both types of particles. He also however assumed that *more faster speed (strahl/beam) electrons* flowed away from the sun, and more high speed positively charged ions flowed into the sun. Both of those predictions have since been measured in "strahl"/beams of electrons coming from the sun, and high speed cosmic rays which travel close to the speed of light and are approximately 99 percent positively charged particles.

So it's essentially true that the "slow speed" (it's all relative) solar wind is composed of both types of charged particles, but the faster (and more important to net current flow) particles flow in *opposite* directions. The negatively charged "strahl" electrons move away from the sun at high speed, and the positively charged fast moving cosmic rays move toward the sun. The net current isn't related to the solar wind, it's related to the *fastest particle flows* we observe, which do *not* move in the same direction, they move in *opposite* directions.
We also know that in an electric field positive and negative ions are accelerated in the opposite directions.
Kinda true, but it depends on the field and the location of the particles in the field. If we were to look at the edge of the heliosphere we probably would see a net number of electrons moving outward across that double layer, and a net number of positively charged cosmic rays moving into that double layer.

Up close to the sun however the electron beams coming off the sun slam into particles in the solar atmosphere and they impart some of their kinetic energy into the hydrogen and helium atoms as they collide with, and attract the protons as they move outward toward space. The net charge of the *slow* moving solar wind particles may in fact be net neutral, but the faster *strahl* electrons have no outbound fast moving proton counterpart, and the high speed cosmic rays are all inbound positively charged particles moving at considerably faster speeds than solar wind particles as well.
So the solar wind disproves the theory of a large standing electrical field in the solar system by its very presence.
That is false. All the slower speed solar wind demonstrates is that Birkeland was correct when he predicted that both types of particles would flow from the sun. It's the *higher speed* particles however that carry the net current and they do in fact move in opposite directions. The "strahl" electrons move outward from the sun, and the positively charged cosmic rays flow into the sun.
Regardless of whether we know everything about it, we know more than enough to disprove the basis for the EC theory.
This is also false. Apparently he knows a "little' about the solar wind, and nothing at all about cosmic rays and faster speed solar "strahl" electron beams, demonstrating that a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing in the wrong hands. :)

I also thought this conversation was relevant as it relates to distinguishing between Juergen's anode solar model and Birkeland's cathode solar model. I would argue that the strahl electrons and the cosmic rays observed from space tend to confirm Birkeland's cathode model, whereas I have no idea how to explain those fast moving particle features based on Juergen's anode model.

I would essentially argue that from the base of the corona to the edge of the heliosphere acts a bit like a double layer, allowing a net positive cosmic rays charge to flow in, and allowing a net negative charged solar strahl to flow out. The slower moving solar wind is essentially net neutral, and it's a function of the kinetic energy processes that occur as the faster moving electron beams slam into the particles in the corona and impart some of their kinetic energy into the protons in the corona and heat up the corona.. The solar wind is essentially driven by it's high temperature, just as Parker's model predicts, but the actual heat source of the corona in terms of kinetic energy comes from the *current* associated with solar strahl/electron beams.

I'd be very interested to hear how Juergen's anode solar model fans would deal with these same issues.

formerlycbragz

Re: Comparing Solar models with respect to solar wind.

Unread post by formerlycbragz » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:53 am

hi,excuse me please...i must draw your attention to the o.p....the author has stated,"both positive and negative ions flow from the sun", to which you have replied with a statement about positive ions and negative electrons,proceeding then to talk about electron flows...the o.p. doesnt mention electrons at all...cheers...cb

JP Michael

Unread post by JP Michael » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:41 pm

Particle movement seems critical to understanding current direction.

The more you write, Michael, the more I am becoming convinced of Birkeland's cathode sun model.

Michael Mozina

Unread post by Michael Mozina » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:21 pm

formerlycbragz wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:53 am hi,excuse me please...i must draw your attention to the o.p....the author has stated,"both positive and negative ions flow from the sun", to which you have replied with a statement about positive ions and negative electrons,proceeding then to talk about electron flows...the o.p. doesnt mention electrons at all...cheers...cb
I did in fact give Lukraak_Sisser the benefit of the doubt in terms of his typo. :) I assumed that he meant that both types of charged *particles* flowed from the sun. He's correct that both types of "charged particles" flow from the sun, but you're right, his actual first statement was also technically false.
JP Michael wrote:Particle movement seems critical to understanding current direction.

The more you write, Michael, the more I am becoming convinced of Birkeland's cathode sun model.
At the end of the day, when you look at *all* of the particle flow evidence we've gathered from satellites over the last several decades, I do think it's very easy to see that Birkeland correctly predicted too many recent solar wind and solar physics phenomenon to have been wrong about the polarity of the solar surface with respect to "space". If you simply look at the issue from the perspective of the net "charge" of "space", cosmic rays are compose of over 95+ percent positively charged particles. Pretty much *every* surface in space is less positively charged than cosmic rays. Most of them are positively charged ions as one might expect but even positrons show up in the data and they're as abundant as the high speed electrons. Essentially the positrons and electrons cancel each other out and you're left with an abundance of positively charged ionic current flowing into the solar system.

The fact that electrons are lighter than ions allows them to more easily collect at the solar surface, and that negatively charged surface interacts electrically with the inbound cosmic rays. All the net current occurs at *very high velocity*. The slower speed solar wind may in fact be neutral, but that isn't where all the action takes place with respect to net current. High speed "strahl" composed of electron beams travel much faster than solar wind, and inbound positively charged ions flow into the sun at close to the speed of light.

I think Juergen's positively charged amode model made some sense when there was actually a "neutrino deficit problem", but since that's no longer the case, all the rest of the particle flow evidence seems to favor Birkeland's cathode model IMO.

Keep in mind that SAFIRE has only performed *half* of the experiments that Birklend actually conducted, so they simply don't have all the evidence yet to determine the sun's polarity. It's astounding to me to realize that nobody has yet to duplicate Birkeland's full body of laboratory work using modern equipment in over a century. That's simply sad when you look at the billions of dollars that have been wasted on dark matter snipe hunts over the last few decades.

The problem is that the mainstream is simply incapable of introspection and they are too proud to admit to being upstaged by Birkeland over a century ago. Einstein isn't the real hero of cosmology, that accolade rightfully belongs to Birkeland.

Michael Mozina

Unread post by Michael Mozina » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:55 pm

More examples of ignorant misinformation by the mainstream from disinformation central (ISF):

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/fo ... count=2654
Lukraak_Sisser wrote:Lets see how the EC/EU model holds up to observations

EC/EU: The sun is the (positive/negative always unclear) pole of a intergalactic electric field, so either positive of negative particles should move *towards* the sun.
Observation: Not true.
Dear Lukraak,

If you're going to refute various EU/PC solar models, it would be logical to first acknowledge the fact that A) there are in fact multiple models to choose from, each for forth by different individuals and each with a history. It' would also be logical to acknowledge the fact that positively charged cosmic rays do in fact "move towards" the sun. The fact that you're unwilling to acknowledge the latter aspect entirely is not only disconcerting, it's down right unethical, not to mention ignorant as hell. You do seem to be aware of the fact that there are multiple solar models put forth over the years, including Juergen's anode model, and Birkeland's cathode model, but you don't bother to mention them by name. or explain their historical background. You also left out Alfven's homopolar generator solar model.

The most damning aspect of your comment however is that you either willfully or ignorantly misrepresented the facts. The fact of the matter is that cosmic rays are *overwhelmingly* positively charged and they've constantly moving toward the sun. Why did you misrepresent that fact? Was it an intentional misrepresentation on your part, or just an example of willful ignorance of the facts? Either way, it's ridiculously and hillarously wrong.
EC/EU: Rocky bodies moving trough this electric field will generate sparks.
Observation: Not true (see every planet and astroid)
https://learn.weatherstem.com/modules/l ... 36/02.html

The last time that I checked, our planet experiences something on the order of 8 million lightning strikes per day, and around 3 billion a year. Discharges in Jupiter's atmosphere are even more severe in terms of strength than here on Earth. We see auroras around planets too where electrical current flows into the poles, including Venus, the Earth, Jupiter, Saturn, and Uranus and Neptune.

Even Mars has aurora of sorts:

https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/godd ... ora-common

During solar storms the amount of current which can be seen flowing into our own planet can be on the order of five hundred thousand billion (5 x 1014) Joules.

https://science.nasa.gov/science-news/s ... dec_themis

If you're going to ignorantly spew such obviously false statements, why would anyone take you or the mainstream seriously?
EC/EU: Movement in space is mainly governed by electrical interactions, so any spacecraft launched ignoring that will not arrive at its destination
Observation : Not true
I don't personally know of anyone in the EU/PC community that claims that gravity doesn't have an influence of the movement of objects in our solar system, so again, your comments are either intentionally dishonest, or willfully ignorant. Since your own beloved LCDM model is around 70 percent "dark energy", it's pretty clear that gravity *alone* cannot fully explain *every* type of observation in space.
EC/EU: If rocky bodies moving trough the electric field generate a cometary tail, metal bodies should do so far more clearly
Observation : Not true (see every spacecraft ever)
I have no idea where you get that idea since I don't recall anyone suggesting that spacecraft should show visual cometary tails. Did you just make that up? It is true however that even planetary "magnetotails" tend to generate a teardrop shape that is related to the movement of solar wind past the planets. Without some kind of atmosphere, if only in the form of loose dust, I'm not sure why you'd expect spacecraft to emit visual cometary tails. That sounds suspiciously like something that you just made up.

https://www.windows2universe.org/earth/ ... field.html
EC/EU: Given the sheer strength of the electric field needed in the solar system to power the sun, electrical discharges between bodies in the solar system should be intensely affected by that
Why is that? Don't you figure the density of the medium, and the position of the objects inside the solar system might have some effect on any potential interaction between bodies inside the solar system?
Observation : Nothing in the Jupiter/Io interaction shows external influence
Simply false:

https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/moons/jupi ... /in-depth/
Io's orbit, keeping it at more or less a cozy 262,000 miles (422,000 kilometers) from Jupiter, cuts across the planet's powerful magnetic lines of force, thus turning Io into a electric generator. Io can develop 400,000 volts across itself and create an electric current of 3 million amperes. This current takes the path of least resistance along Jupiter's magnetic field lines to the planet's surface, creating lightning in Jupiter's upper atmosphere.
EC/EU: Given that space is a near vacuum electrical discharges should behave as follows, buildup of charge until the potential is high enough to overcome the isolation factor, followed by a full discharge and a slow buildup of potential again. Therefore cometary tails should be pulsed.
Observation : Not true
Again, I"m not sure where you're even getting such ideas to begin with since the solar wind is pretty consistent over time. We do however see instances where massive changes in the solar wind result in "pulsing".

https://www.cnet.com/news/nasa-telescop ... all-comet/
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 155840.htm

Such "pulses" could be due to many types of influences however, so I wouldn't necessarily suggest it's related *only* to solar wind density changes.
Of course we can go on for this a long time. Yet another clear indication of pseudoscience/religion, the moment you start expanding the model beyond the margin chosen by the believer it falls apart
It's *wildly* irrational of you to simply ignore the evidence which you find to be "inconvenient" and also compare pure empirical physics to a "religion" while your industry promotes a cosmology model that A) violates known laws of physics, B) is based on four different forms of metaphysical processes which defy empirical support in the lab, and C) require four different pure "leaps of faith" in "unseen" in the lab entities. Talk about irony overload. You're clearly projecting.

This is the kind of irrational and ignorant nonsense that makes your industry look like ignorant children. At least get your facts straight about EU/PC theory and the observations that support it, before you start putting both of your feet in your mouth. Sheesh.

nick c

Unread post by nick c » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:10 pm

Apparently most of the "critics" that cite the "observed" behavior of the Solar Wind as evidence against the EU are apparently unaware of the actual observations.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First, the existence and nature of the "Solar Wind" is by itself evidence in support of the EU. An internet search of terms used reveals.....

#1. Definition: Solar Wind - The outflow of charged particles from the solar corona into space.
#2, Definition: electric current - the movement of electrically charged particles, atoms, or ions, through solids, liquids, gases, or free space;

Plain and simple THE SOLAR WIND IS AN ELECTRIC CURRENT! It is an electric current moving through the tenuous plasma inside the heliosphere. Electric currents move in circuits. The central feature of this circuit is the Sun, So why the name "Solar Wind"? It is clearly not a wind.
The name is a euphemism.

#3. Definition: euphemism - the use of a mild, delicate, or indirect word or expression in place of a plainer and more accurate one, which by reason of its meaning or its associations or suggestions might be offensive, unpleasant, or embarrassing.

So, why does mainstream use the euphemism "Solar Wind"? The answer is obvious, they are embarrassed to acknowledge that it is really an electric current. Why is that?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What are some of the observations of the electric current flowing out of the Sun? It reaches the heliopause where most of it stops. Some high energy protons leave the solar system and become cosmic rays (?) but most of Solar Wind doesn't leave the solar system and there is some indication that it turns back toward the Sun.
Also, incoming high energy electrons from galactic space (outside the heliosphere) have been detected.

See:
https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php?release=2011-372
Scientists previously reported the outward speed of the solar wind had diminished to zero in April 2010, marking the start of the new region. Mission managers rolled the spacecraft several times this spring and summer to help scientists discern whether the solar wind was blowing strongly in another direction. It was not. Voyager 1 is plying the celestial seas in a region similar to Earth's doldrums, where there is very little wind.
[...]
"We've found that the wind speeds are low in this region and gust erratically. For the first time, the wind even blows back at us.
[...]
At the same time, Voyager has detected a 100-fold increase in the intensity of high-energy electrons from elsewhere in the galaxy diffusing into our solar system from outside, which is another indication of the approaching boundary.
So, high energy electrons are entering the solar system from interstellar space, that is a galactic electric current. If they enter the Solar System but are not going to the Sun, where are they going?
I am sure there are lots of observational tests that proponents of the externally powered Sun would like to make in order to test the theory but NASA is not in the business of testing an EU related theory. After all, in their minds there is no need, since they all ready "know" that the Sun is internally powered.

So while the observations have left the mainstream theorists perplexed, they are consistent with the EU.

See:
Voyager I Sees Blocked Solar Wind
Note that the Space.com report included at the top of this report states that, “This
‘stagnation region’ came as a surprise.” And also, “the perplexing collapse of the solar
wind at the edge of the heliosphere left them without a working model for the outer
solar system.”

This result is not at all ‘surprising’ to plasma cosmologists and EU investigators. It is a
direct, simple, application of the laboratory observations that have been made in electrical
plasma laboratories for over 100 years.

D. E. Scott