Good news, everyone

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light? If you have a personal favorite theory, that is in someway related to the Electric Universe, this is where it can be posted.
galaxy12

Re: Good news, everyone

Unread post by galaxy12 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:44 pm

Purplepete states "OK, just to be clear - this is not my model. This is the model primarily developed by Miles Mathis, which is the best I've found in 50 years of searching for explaining many areas of physics, and the only one I've found that explains elemental properties (SAM is on the right track, but still suffers from the assumption that particles are distinct, so requires magic electrons that can change size et al) consistently and coherently. If I find a better model I'll be pushing that one."

Crawler states "Miles says that in some instances electricity is due to photons (not electrons) mooving along a wire.
This is similar to my elektons which give us my elekticity."

I apologize for being a bit slow. I am starting to see the reason for your comments now. I did not realize that both of you were proponents of Miles Mathis' model. I think you both were trying to get my response to Miles Mathis' ideas. I am not familiar with the model but I will be glad to research it.
I love to see other people's models and, as I have said before, everyone should choose the model that helps them understand things better. A model that helps one person may not be beneficial for another. Maybe we should start another thread with a head-to-head comparison of the models with explanations of different electromagnetic and/or physical phenomena? We can see which one has a simpler and more intuitive explanation for each scenario. It might be a fun endeavor. I can use the exercise to fine-tune my model and explain some parts that may be unclear also.

crawler

Unread post by crawler » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:55 am

galaxy12 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:44 pm Purplepete states "OK, just to be clear - this is not my model. This is the model primarily developed by Miles Mathis, which is the best I've found in 50 years of searching for explaining many areas of physics, and the only one I've found that explains elemental properties (SAM is on the right track, but still suffers from the assumption that particles are distinct, so requires magic electrons that can change size et al) consistently and coherently. If I find a better model I'll be pushing that one."

Crawler states "Miles says that in some instances electricity is due to photons (not electrons) mooving along a wire.
This is similar to my elektons which give us my elekticity."

I apologize for being a bit slow. I am starting to see the reason for your comments now. I did not realize that both of you were proponents of Miles Mathis' model. I think you both were trying to get my response to Miles Mathis' ideas. I am not familiar with the model but I will be glad to research it.
I love to see other people's models and, as I have said before, everyone should choose the model that helps them understand things better. A model that helps one person may not be beneficial for another. Maybe we should start another thread with a head-to-head comparison of the models with explanations of different electromagnetic and/or physical phenomena? We can see which one has a simpler and more intuitive explanation for each scenario. It might be a fun endeavor. I can use the exercise to fine-tune my model and explain some parts that may be unclear also.
I reckon that Mathis' theory is not a model, it is a reality. Ditto my elekton elekticity.
Searching for electon (my old name) on Thunderbolts gives 12 hits, all for crawler. Searching for elekton gives 5 hits, all for crawler.
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/elec ... round!/50/ Searching google for "elekticity & forum" gives 441 hits. The EEV forum has some of my older wordage (i karnt access koz i have been banned).
I like much of Mathis' stuff. Krafft (USA) explained the molecular atom in the 1940s or 50s i think.
STR is krapp -- & GTR is mostly krapp.
The present Einsteinian Dark Age of science will soon end – for the times they are a-changin'.
The aether will return – it never left.

galaxy12

Unread post by galaxy12 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:28 am

Purplepete commented "But we already know from hall effect devices that electrons et al are moving too slowly in a wire to explain electricity (which flows at c or close to it)."

Sorry for the delay. I just noticed this statement in your post. This is a great question!

As I mentioned previously in my definition of an electric/electrostatic field: (This may not be the exact terminology I used before but it is close)

An electrostatic field is a region of space parallel to the movement or polar orientation of a charged particle (atom, proton, electron, etc) whereby a parallel force will be exerted on another charged particle within that space.

As you stated, electrons travel slowly in a wire. The electrical/electrostatic field that is RESPONSIBLE for the forces on and therefore movement of electrons travels at the speed of light in a parallel direction to movement of charges.