Fun

Many Internet forums have carried discussion of the Electric Universe hypothesis. Much of that discussion has added more confusion than clarity, due to common misunderstandings of the electrical principles. Here we invite participants to discuss their experiences and to summarise questions that have yet to be answered.
Arcmode

Fun

Unread post by Arcmode » Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:53 pm

Rational WIKI EU page edited to reflect reality. Let's see how long this lasts haha.

The text:

'Peer Review and acceptance as viable model by Australian university

Recent development: In 2023 a student at an Australian university independently tested the electric interpretation in examining the surface of Mars. After showing some of his observations to a university geologist, the geologist agreed that the model is compelling, provided unique insights, and a powerful means of interpreting the surface of the planet. On the strength of this evidence the student was allowed to conduct a research project, further exploring Mar's surface. This was wildly successful, the student completed his degree, and the geology department will now have that student back for a year of honours research, specifically to test the electric interpretation against standard geological models. The EU can no longer be described as a model developed outside the relevant field of experts and existing without peer review of some form. The model has finally been tested in a real educational setting, with the oversight of relevant experts, and passed with flying colours. This page will be updated with ongoing reports on the progress of the current research project.'

I am going to have so much fun this year.

Arcmode

Re: Fun

Unread post by Arcmode » Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:37 pm

Removed! lol

I wonder if they will contact me or anything.

Strange people.

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Unread post by davesmith_au » Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:59 pm

Arcmode wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:37 pm Removed! lol

I wonder if they will contact me or anything.

Strange people.
NOT fun Arcmode, read on:

You'll find Wikipedia won't let anything "EU" stand for much more than an hour or two.

Going back a decade and a half, I spent untold hours abiding by their rules regarding sources, NOR, etc, trying to fix the atrocious bio they had on David Talbott. There were then two main players in the anti-EU game, and a whole bunch of plebs they used to drag in to discussions and disputes, to apply as much disinformation as they could. They eventually deleted Dave's bio completely. And a heap of other EU related material. They even did their best to discredit the IEEE.

Those two main players I mentioned were:

"Science Apologist" (IRL Joshua Schroeder) then a Princeton knobhead trying make a name for himself, clever at debating tactics and gaslighting, and colluding behind the scenes with others there to bully legitimate editors into submission/leaving. SA had participated in the forum back then, and interacted with DT, yet denied any COI (Conflict of Interest) though he was clearly antagonistic and disrespectful in his personal dealings with the person he claimed he had no COI with.

And "Phaedrus7" (IRL C. Leroy Ellenberger) who spent a good deal of his life "discrediting" anything even remotely Velikovsky related (after first being a "fan" of V). He was involved over many years in both private and public online discussions with DT, yet hid behind the anonymity Wikipedia afforded him, and W's anti-outing rules prevented exposing this fraudulent behaviour.

Now during the process of trying to factualize DT's BLP (Biography of a Living Person) I added a userpage on my own space, called "Pigwrestling" which had about 59 pages of chronological edits to DT's talk page. I did this without adding any commentary, none-the-less it was flagged for deletion as an "attack page" though all I was doing was collating discussions so that I could address them. I attacked precisely no-one, I offered no commentary, yet the arguments of those who sought to shut me down won the day, and my non-attack page was deleted.

My advice Arcmode, is don't go there. It is seriously not worth the effort you will put in for no gain. I have the removed Pigwrestling page (a 59 page pdf) if you want to take a look, you'll ned to go to your profile and email me, so I can email it back. Same goes for anyone else if interested (we can't share .pdf files on the forum).

For reference, here's the discussion about the deletion of my Pigwrestling page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... gwrestling

And here's my userpage on which you'll find my definition of the term "pigwrestling":
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Davesmith_au

Cheers, Dave.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

Arcmode

Unread post by Arcmode » Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:38 pm

Thanks for that Dave. I'm posting on Rational Wiki, it's different, although just as hostile to EU going by their page on it.

I was told I would need a citation, which I can provide later today hopefully. My research supervisor will write me something.

Really they should leave it up then, but might look for more reasons to reject it. We'll see.

What I am doing is informing as many pseudoscience debunkers as I can, that this developemnt has taken place, so that they have a chance to do the right thing now. If they don't, in the future people will be able to see that they were unfair.

In this way they can't claim ignorance or pretend they were supporters all along when the shift fully kicks in. Karma facilitation system.

davesmith_au
Site Admin

Unread post by davesmith_au » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:14 pm

Arcmode wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:38 pm Thanks for that Dave. I'm posting on Rational Wiki, it's different, although just as hostile to EU going by their page on it.

I was told I would need a citation, which I can provide later today hopefully. My research supervisor will write me something.

Really they should leave it up then, but might look for more reasons to reject it. We'll see.

What I am doing is informing as many pseudoscience debunkers as I can, that this developemnt has taken place, so that they have a chance to do the right thing now. If they don't, in the future people will be able to see that they were unfair.

In this way they can't claim ignorance or pretend they were supporters all along when the shift fully kicks in. Karma facilitation system.
Cool beanz. Didn't want you to "go in blind" but hopefully rational wiki is more ... rational :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster