Impacts,,boundaries, and extinctions

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light? If you have a personal favorite theory, that is in someway related to the Electric Universe, this is where it can be posted.
Roy

Impacts,,boundaries, and extinctions

Unread post by Roy » Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:29 pm

I have been reading some books about the discovery of Permian (named after the city of Perm) age fossils. The boundary of the Permian extinction appears to be 252 million years ago, and resulted in the death of 95% of all species, land and water. By all geological dating tests (which are by no means definitive, depending on decay rates of isotopes , and with error estimates of 600,000 years) it was contemporaneous with the Siberian Trapps basalts flood.
Discovery of the Chicxulub crater, thought to be the cause of the K-T boundary, and extinction of the dinosaurs 66 million years ago, appears contemporaneous with the Deccan Trapps basalts flood.
A large impactor, in addition to throwing a loot of dust, heat, and shock wave into the air, would it seems to me throw a shock wave into the crust of the planet ringing it like a bell. When the shock waves met on the other side of the planet, they would reinforce, and could cause the aforementioned basaltic out flows.
There’s an impact crater in Wilkes Land Antarctica, 2 1/2 times the size of Chicxulub. 252 million years ago Antarctica was part of Gondwanaland, 180 degrees opposite Siberia.
So is there other visible evidence of the impactor- basalt flood sequence? I think there well may be, on Luna. There are quite a number of large craters on the far side, and on the near side are the lunar maria. The resultant mass imbalance may have shortened the time it took to tide lock Luna to Earth.

Lloyd

Re: Impacts,,boundaries, and extinctions

Unread post by Lloyd » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:05 am

NO MILLIONS OF YEARS
I have a free online book at https://zzzzzzz.substack.com/p/cataclys ... th-history called Cataclysmic Earth History.
The first 3 sections are these.
1..4 PROOF SEDIMENTARY ROCK IS NOT OLD https://cataclysmicearthhistory.substack.com/p/1
2..4 DATING METHODS https://cataclysmicearthhistory.substac ... ng-methods
3a..3 THE GREAT FLOOD https://cataclysmicearthhistory.substac ... reat-flood
Those show pretty thoroughly that all sedimentary rock was almost certainly deposited during a Great Flood about 3,300 BC or sometimes during later cataclysms. The lack of erosion and lack of bioturbation between strata show that strata were deposited in quick succession, within days to weeks. Dating the lava from the Mt. St. Helens eruptions, as an example, by various methods, indicates that the lava was deposited many thousands or millions of years ago, thus disproving those dating methods, since we know those lavas were deposited very recently.
So all of the extinction events occurred primarily during the period from the Great Flood to the Younger Dryas event, which was from 3,300 BC to 2,600 BC or so.

Cargo

Unread post by Cargo » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:38 am

Lloyd wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:05 amDating the lava from the Mt. St. Helens eruptions
LOVE IT!! Waiting for all of Science to be rewritten. SCIENCE!

THE END of LONG AGE RADIOMETRIC DATING - QCCSA.org
https://qccsa.org/the-end-of-long-age-r ... ric-dating
Mt. Etna basalt, Sicily, erupted in 1971, but rocks were dated 140,000 to 350,000 yrs old. Mount St. Helens erupted in 1980, but rocks were dated up to 2.8 million years old. ALL of the samples taken from volcanic eruptions of known times and dates are carefully collected and sent to the labs.
interstellar filaments conducted electricity having currents as high as 10 thousand billion amperes
"You know not what. .. Perhaps you no longer trust your feelings,." Michael Clarage
"Charge separation prevents the collapse of stars." Wal Thornhill

Roy

Unread post by Roy » Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:09 pm

I realize there are lots of assumptions in current science, lots of “baked in” assumptions of origin, going back to the elementals “earth, air, fire, and water”, fundamentalist’s biblical Bishop Ussher chronology from the 1630s, on up to the current Big Bang catechism we are disproving. And yes, radioactive dating with isotopes has a lot of assumptions built in starting with the origin of the element, rate of decay, etcetera. The citations given mix a lot of things together. Rate of sedimentation, type of sediment, volcanism, plate tectonics, all of which proceed at variable time rates and conditions of environment. Given all the variables, paleontologists do the best they know how at the time, and they do change their minds as time goes on.

What cannot be gainsaid, is that there were extinctions in deep time, evidenced in the fossil record. The record shows boundaries. The K-T boundary is visible, varies in thickness over the world, and was discovered by Alvarez, a physicist, to be anomalistiicly rich in iridium. This led to an impact theory, which led to Chicxulub crater. Dinosaur fossils below K-T, none above. 66 million years ago.
Permian extinction, much worse, 95% of species extinct. Dicynodonts below boundary, Triassic species above. 252 million years ago.
There have been extinctions more recently - megafauna mastodons, megatheriums, and others attributed to a comet strike on the icecap by Graham Hancock at the beginning of the Younger Dryas,12000 years ago.
I am reasoning by analogy - if a large impactor causes shock wave rifts 180 degrees around the planet which cause interior outflows, and that happened, can we see it elsewhere? I say Luna is a candidate. I also proposed something similar on Saturn’s moon Enceladus, an APOD post of 16Dec23.

Roy

Unread post by Roy » Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:03 pm

Douglas J. Erwin’s book Extinction is about the Permian. In it he mentions that Jay Melosh proved mathematically that “antipodal focusing” wouldn’t provide enough energy to “cook a hot dog”. I wanted to ask Erwin a question about that, so I looked him up on the net. Died in February, 11years younger than me. Looked up Melosh - also deceased.
Well, looked up antipodal focusing - several references, all to a paper by Meschade, Myrhvold, & Tromp. They use purported values for the Chicxulub impactor, displace it to where they think Yucatán was 66 million years ago,, and use lots of math to predict the displacement of land at the antipodes. Which they don’t know where that was back then, so they assume a spot in Africa. With so many unknowns, assumptions, and abstruse math built in, it amounts to a SWAG.
The saving grace in all this, is that there was an earthquake occurring not long ago antipodal to a large seismic grid in the western USA. The waves reflecting several ways through the earth were measured and recorded, and they did arrive very nearly simultaneously, reinforcing each other.
My thesis is that impact waves, tremendously strong, especially if strains and weaknesses already were present, caused the basalt outflows: Chicxulub-Deccan Trapps, Wilkes Land-Siberian Trapps, Lunar Farside-Lunar Maria.
There you have it, folks.

Open Mind

Unread post by Open Mind » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:49 pm

Roy: "especially if strains and weaknesses already were present"

would this statement account for outflows happening not exactly 180 degrees from the supposed impact point? Meaning, path of least resistance, as close as possible to the opposite side?

Roy

Unread post by Roy » Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:47 pm

I would think so. The 1Jan2024 Japanese 7.5 magnitude earthquake had aftershocks running 30 to 40 miles both north and south from the epicenter, induced by the main shock. The Kola borehole in Russia, is the world’s deepest, six and five-eighths miles.
They found no basalt, but granite, and water. Crustal composition is theorized from seismic recordings. Depth of the crust is estimated from 6 to 30 miles. Depth of mantle is SWAG’d at 1900 miles.