RIP Wal Thornhill (1942-2023)

New threads (topics) in the Announcements forum are only to be initiated by Forum Administrators. Of course, users are encouraged to post replies where appropriate.
nick c

Sevices for Wal

Unread post by nick c » Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:30 am

Sevices for Wal will be live streamed:
https://livestream.com/iv/walthornhill

Livestream:
Celebration of Wal Thornhill

The Chapel at Gold Creek
Canberra, Australia

Thursday, February 16, 2023
10:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time
07:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time
————————————————
Friday, February 17, 2023
2:00 p.m. Australian Eastern Standard Time
3:00 a.m. Greenwich Mean Time
4:00 a.m. Central European Time

Open Mind

Re: The Wal Thornhill Invisible College

Unread post by Open Mind » Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:53 pm

Livestream: Celebration of Wal Thornhill

Friday, February 17, 2023 at 2:00 p.m. Australian Eastern Standard Time, 3:00 a.m. Greenwich Mean Time, 4:00 a.m. Central European Time — Thursday, February 16, 2023 at 10:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, 7:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time.

https://livestream.com/iv/walthornhill? ... mqLzokL1Hs

Robertus Maximus

Re: RIP Wal Thornhill (1942-2023)

Unread post by Robertus Maximus » Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:29 pm

I had the privilege of meeting Wal in 2013 at a SIS meeting in the UK.
He was a gentleman and a giant.
Because of him, I see further.

Maol

Re: The Tribute to Wal Thornhill by his friend Michael

Unread post by Maol » Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:17 am

Open Mind wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 2:53 pm Livestream: Celebration of Wal Thornhill

Friday, February 17, 2023 at 2:00 p.m. Australian Eastern Standard Time, 3:00 a.m. Greenwich Mean Time, 4:00 a.m. Central European Time — Thursday, February 16, 2023 at 10:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, 7:00 p.m. Pacific Standard Time.

https://livestream.com/iv/walthornhill? ... mqLzokL1Hs
(I'm sorry I don't know) Who is Michael ? whose tribute to Mr. Thornhill starting at 36:00 in the video of the service is such an excellent summary of the EU and Wal Thornhill's accomplishment of providing enlightenment for whoever will understand. His ten-minute tribute is worth watching several times because it so succinctly summarizes Mr. Thornhill's view of the EU.

I hope he is successful in composing a summary for Thornill's unfinished book.

If he so chooses, he appears to be the successor to the position of standard bearer for the EU community.

Open Mind

Unread post by Open Mind » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:16 pm

Maoi wrote: "(I'm sorry I don't know) Who is Michael ?"

I don't know either. But he was the exclusive representative of what I believed was an enormous community of scientists who've been completely reoriented to this new paradigm. It didn't feel like enough, but it was his family funeral, so perhaps a true tribute to the man for his work in this field should be a separate event.

I realize its still fresh, but I have thought about who might take over the spear tip of this movement, and I don't really know who that will be, but I do know it is absolutely critical that someone takes the reins, before we lose momentum. Its so important. In fact, I expect that critical importance of it will trigger in some new people the call to responsibility to step up. This is one of those moments. I'm very hopeful for that.

And yes, Wal's book definitely has to be finished and published as a minimum requirement to honour him. I've been waiting for that with eager anticipation.

Cognizant_Jon

Unread post by Cognizant_Jon » Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:50 pm

I was attending the funeral service virtually this Thursday night at 7pm PST. I was very moved by his contributions to understanding not only the universe, but also described how things work using electrical principles. My first job out of high school was Electrical and Electronics Apprenticeship, so the theories and predictions he made were highly appropriate and sound logic in structure and arguments. This is how I "read" people.

While I cannot recall the exacts theorems and math for electrical and electronics at this point, I do remember that electrical and electronic devices are built to control the flow of electrons in ways appropriate to their intended use. Why would a living body be any different? Except, we need specific minerals (such a calcium for the heart, sodium and potassium for nerve cell transmission) to help bridge the gap for all our movements and functions.

Wal Thornhill's EU Theory does work at all scales cleanly and without any "square peg, round hole"/"mangling" bias. I do not know him personally, yet his science and his co-contributors have codified a form of science that can also explain (debunk?) Albert Einsteins "spooky action at a distance" puzzle. I already knew that information travels faster than light, even from a spiritual context.

EU Theory accurately explains how a parent, regardless of how far they from their children, just "know" when something is wrong with their child(ren) in simple to understand terms without being vague or confusing with bad math (imaginary numbers and such).

I am inspired to relearn physics and electronics training because of Wal Thornhill. He isn't the only one who has Da Vinci capability. I am going to (re)learn the basics of both to better understand EU Theory better. It will definitely be interesting to see the result of being a polymath.

Phorce

Unread post by Phorce » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:32 am

What a touching and profound service. My overall impression was one of the healthy man with a life filled family and many endeavours. A life not troubled by the Altruistic Narcissism that for the moment marres some important human affairs. What a privilege to be made part of what at times felt a like a private family service. But I think that reflected Wal’s ability to warmly communicate to so many people he never met face to face. All my respects to his family.
Exploration and discovery without honest investigation of "extraordinary" results leads to a Double Bind (Bateson, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_bind ) that creates loss of hope and depression. No more Double Binds !

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:24 pm

I guess I first heard of Wal from the Thoth newsletter which started about 1997 online. It's now still available at https://saturniancosmology.org/othergroup/thoth/ . I had read Velikovsky's books in 1969 and then learned about the then coming Pensee' magazine (by Talbott's) in an ad in Intellectual Digest in 1971. It came out in 1972 and lasted till 1975. Then Kronos magazine came along from 1976-86, I think. Aeon magazine started in 1988, but the issues were irregular. Catastrophism and Ancient History magazine was also around about then, but I didn't get all of those issues either. Then came the Thoth newsletter in the late 90s and finally this site in 2004 or 2005 and the forum in 2007, reincarnated after a crash in 2008. There was also a secret forum.

I heard of Wal's death just 2 days ago when doing my weekly Sci News post, the latest one being at https://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum3/ph ... 8993#p8993
I put a star before this article from SIS, another Catastrophist online newsletter: *Black holes = Quasars [brief quote from Thornhill]
https://www.sis-group.org.uk/news/2023/ ... d-quasars/
Here's the relevant part of that article.
"At https://phys.org/news/2023-02-hundreds- ... asars.html … astronomers are reporting the discovery of over 400 new high red shift quasars using the Dark Energy Spectroscopic Instrument [DESI]. The findings are on the pre-publication arXiv web site at https://doi.org/10.48550/arxiv.2302.01777 … according to mainstream astronomy thinking quasars are luminous active galactic nuclei containg central black holes with accretions disks. Their red shifts are measured from the strong spectral lines that dominate their visible and ultra violet spectra. Just as importantly, astronomers regard quasars as the most distant compact objects in the observable universe. Spectra can be used to estimate the mass of supermassive black holes that constrain, it is thought, the evolution of quasars. Moreover, high red shift quasars that are also radio bright, are the signposts astronomers use to spot black hole activity in the early universe. Hence, it is imperative that red shift is a reality and they are looking at the furthest universe. Halton Arp, had a quite different idea of red shift, and quasars. His ideas were taken up by the recently deceased Wal Thornhill – see for example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_4rO7iqxFE … which is a prediction of what the new James Webb Space Telescope may find. This, he suggests, might be the fact red shift theory is mistaken and quasars are much nearer than astronomers allow."
Stephen Smith used to write up most of the TPOD's (Thunderbolts Picture of the Day) and I think he got most of his info from Wal. The best TPOD debunking conventional redshift and quasar theory IMO was the one showing a high redshift Quasar in front of a low redshift Galaxy. I think Wal got a lot of his info on quasars from Halton Arp, with whom he seems to have had extensive communication. But Wal added more of the EU aspect to Arp's ideas. I don't think Arp embraced EU theory, or at least he doesn't seem to have discussed it publicly. Did he? But I think Wal discussed Arp's books in Thoth newsletter. By the way, physicist John Kierein also claims that many quasars are within our galaxy and that the redshift is mostly due to the Compton effect (high ionization), not the Doppler effect (high velocity, retreating at great distance).

Faraday Cage

Unread post by Faraday Cage » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:41 am

My deepest condolences to friends and family of Wal. The TPODs have been a constant companion of mine since 2004 when I happened upon them. I was wondering why they had slowed down of late and have been impatiently wanting more new posts not knowing that Wal was unwell. I wish I had the scientific chops to carry the plasma torch on. RIP Wal.

engakuis

Unread post by engakuis » Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:08 pm

Good evening everyone.
As all of you here, I was also very saddened by the passing of Wal Thornhill. He was very influential to me, a wonderful presenter and also evidently a nice bloke too.

I have made a tribute page on Telegram and I've put some links to Wal's online work.
If anyone has some material that they think would be a good addition to the page - and is a Telegram user - please could they add them?

https://t.me/walthornhill

Thank you.

nick c

Unread post by nick c » Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:24 am

Dave Smith has informed me that Wal's research assistant is determined to see that the book gets published, but there are still some loose ends, so it may take a bit of time.

jacmac

Unread post by jacmac » Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:12 am

Thank you for keeping us informed nick.

Keith Ness

Unread post by Keith Ness » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:34 am

About a decade ago, it took me two years to find a web-site which I thought would both let me post what I had to say and have some useful response, and it was the Thunderbolts forum. My thanks to Wallace Thornhill.

danda

Unread post by danda » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:11 am

Is it rude to ask if anyone knows the cause of death? I hadn't heard that Wal was in ill health, and I see above he was actively working on a book, so it just seems very sudden.

nick c

Unread post by nick c » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:54 pm

The only information is from his official obituary published in the Canberra Times
Wallace William (Wal) Thornhill
2 May 1942 – 7 February 2023

Passed away peacefully in Canberra,
surrounded by family.