Electric or watt?

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.
beekeeper

Electric or watt?

Unread post by beekeeper » Fri May 07, 2021 6:34 pm

Greetings EU pilgrims here is an interesting article on science daily. https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 100123.com
Here are a couple of quotes from the article. "M87's jets produce light spanning the entire electromagnetic spectrum" this one though is fascinating " these jets manage to transport energy released by the black hole out to scales larger than the host Galaxy, like a huge power cord"
Well generally and theoretically black holes eat stuff, not suppose to throw up anything so maybe they are looking at something else. Regards Beekeeper
If nothing can travel faster than light, how can darkness escape it

beekeeper

Re: Electric or watt?

Unread post by beekeeper » Fri May 07, 2021 9:11 pm

Guess the link is not working you can go to www.sciencedaily.com to find the article titled Unprecedented observation of famous black hole
regards Beekeeper

beekeeper

Unread post by beekeeper » Wed May 12, 2021 12:56 pm

Greetings EU pilgrims just a thought on the second quote of my original post. They refer to the jet as a power cord extending some ways from the power source. A crude example would be an extension cord plugged on a wall. When I pull the plug the power is gone. Now suppose that the source of the power in the jet was shut off and the jet extends some ten light years from the source, would the energy in the cord dissipate all at once or would the energy keep travelling at the speed of light like a free streak of power. Or would it disappear starting from the source working its way to the end at the speed of light. My main question here is if it was to cease to exist as soon as the power is shut off wouldn't that create an event faster then light?? Regards Beekeeper

Earl Sinclair

Unread post by Earl Sinclair » Thu May 13, 2021 2:44 pm

Well, what is the speed of the power source? I get the impression, that in order for these circuits to work, especially across thousands of light-years' distances - they would have be much faster than the speed-of-light.

Earl

beekeeper

Unread post by beekeeper » Sat May 15, 2021 4:45 pm

Greetings Earl, another option I am thinking of, if we consider the Univers a plasma bath powered by electrical forces the jet may just disintegrate and upgrade the electrical energy of the plasma surrounding it .... Regards Beekeeper