Einstein's simultaneity etc.

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light? If you have a personal favorite theory, that is in someway related to the Electric Universe, this is where it can be posted.
crawler

Re: Einstein's simultaneity etc.

Unread post by crawler » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:13 am

Einstein meets waterworld.
1. What if Einstein's train etc were underwater, instead of in vacuum?
Einstein's gamma might then have to be based on v/c', where c' is the reduced speed of light in water. Hencely the effect of v on length contraction & ticking dilation would be stronger (compared to v in vacuum).
Einstein's light signal clock synchronisation method would in water give larger apparent delays for clocks along the xx axis in the moving system k'.

2. One concern might be that whereas the v of a body in vacuum cant ever reach c, v (the speed in water) can exceed c' (the speed of light in water)(according to some). However if v exceeded c' then this might involve the square root of a negative number in the equation for gamma (due to 1-vv/c'c' being less than zero).

3. Anyhow, why did Einstein insist on his silly train thought-X being in vacuum?
4. Why should his silly times accord with the silly hands of clocks synchronised using his silly light signal method?

5. A side issue. Why does standard science reckon that the v of a body cant reach c but can exceed c' ?
I agree that v cant reach c, but i say that v cant reach c'. Elementary particles are confined photons. Logically confined photons cant reach a speed of c (c being the speed of free photons). And logically if free photons are slowed to c' in say water then the speed of confined photons (eg electrons) cant reach c' in water. (Actually, re c being a speed limit, i reckon that the limit is c/root2).

6. The same applies to the speed v of confined photons near a massive body where the speed of a free photon is reduced to c" by some unknown effect (Einstein said that it was due to gravitational potential)(which is partly correct). I say that near a massive body v cant reach c".

7. In say water near a massive body v cant reach c'" (where c"' is the combined slowing of c due to the medium & the "gravitational potential").
8. Anyhow the equation for gamma should (to have any hope of being valid) involve vv/c"'c"'.
I say that vv/cc is not correct (unless in empty space & well away from mass)(& i say that vv/c"'c"' aint correct anyhow).
STR is krapp -- & GTR is mostly krapp.
The present Einsteinian Dark Age of science will soon end – for the times they are a-changin'.
The aether will return – it never left.

crawler

Re: Einstein's simultaneity etc.

Unread post by crawler » Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:47 am

crawler wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:13 am Einstein meets waterworld.
1. What if Einstein's train etc were underwater, instead of in vacuum?
Einstein's gamma might then have to be based on v/c', where c' is the reduced speed of light in water. Hencely the effect of v on length contraction & ticking dilation would be stronger (compared to v in vacuum).
Einstein's light signal clock synchronisation method would in water give larger apparent delays for clocks along the xx axis in the moving system k'.

2. One concern might be that whereas the v of a body in vacuum cant ever reach c, v (the speed in water) can exceed c' (the speed of light in water)(according to some). However if v exceeded c' then this might involve the square root of a negative number in the equation for gamma (due to 1-vv/c'c' being less than zero).

3. Anyhow, why did Einstein insist on his silly train thought-X being in vacuum?
4. Why should his silly times accord with the silly hands of clocks synchronised using his silly light signal method?

5. A side issue. Why does standard science reckon that the v of a body cant reach c but can exceed c' ?
I agree that v cant reach c, but i say that v cant reach c'. Elementary particles are confined photons. Logically confined photons cant reach a speed of c (c being the speed of free photons). And logically if free photons are slowed to c' in say water then the speed of confined photons (eg electrons) cant reach c' in water. (Actually, re c being a speed limit, i reckon that the limit is c/root2).

6. The same applies to the speed v of confined photons near a massive body where the speed of a free photon is reduced to c" by some unknown effect (Einstein said that it was due to gravitational potential)(which is partly correct). I say that near a massive body v cant reach c".

7. In say water near a massive body v cant reach c'" (where c"' is the combined slowing of c due to the medium & the "gravitational potential").
8. Anyhow the equation for gamma should (to have any hope of being valid) involve vv/c"'c"'.
I say that vv/cc is not correct (unless in empty space & well away from mass)(& i say that vv/c"'c"' aint correct anyhow).
Larmor would agree with (8) & i think (7)(6)(5)(4)(3)(2)(1) also.
Larmor – 1900 – Aether and Matter. https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Aether_and_Matter
108. It is to be observed that the above analytical transformation of the equations applies to any isotropic dielectric medium as well as to free aether: we have only to alter c into the velocity of radiation in that medium, and all will be as above. The transformation will thus be different for different media……….
STR is krapp -- & GTR is mostly krapp.
The present Einsteinian Dark Age of science will soon end – for the times they are a-changin'.
The aether will return – it never left.