Hannes Alfven and the Galaxy as a Unipolar Inductor

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.
galaxy12

Hannes Alfven and the Galaxy as a Unipolar Inductor

Unread post by galaxy12 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:33 pm

I was recently introduced to this paper by Hannes Alfven describing the galactic circuit as a unipolar inductor. The electron flow appeared to be consistent with the images I posted previously. I thought it might be beneficial to provide more details about the galactic electrical circuit. The links to the study are here:

https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00639434

https://archive.org/download/AlfvenCosm ... namics.pdf

The following is an image from Alfven's paper showing his unipolar inductor:

I have previously proposed that the shape of galaxies is largely due to the flow of electrons through the galaxy. I described a mechanism for electron generation as the result of rotation of atoms or ions that create electrostatic and magnetic fields.

I have simplified the science by minimizing the process into 2 mechanisms:

1. Magnetic forces created by protons / atoms.
2. Electrostatic forces created by protons / atoms.

The magnetic force is created by protons moving either parallel or antiparallel to each other. The force is perpendicular (90 degrees) compared to the direction of proton travel.

The electrostatic force is also created by protons moving along the same path, either the same direction or opposite directions.

The magnetic force by moving protons will cause them to be pushed together when traveling in the same direction.

The electrostatic force will cause protons to repel each other when traveling in the same direction.

A grouping of protons traveling in the same direction will be attracted by magnetic forces oriented perpendicular to the direction of travel while being repelled by electrostatic forces oriented parallel to the direction of travel.

When an atom moves through space, both the proton and electron will create magnetic field lines that rotate in the same direction. The magnetic field pushes the proton toward the direction of travel while pushing the electron in the opposite direction. The magnetic field causes the atom to form what is often referred to as a “dipole” where the proton is in front and the electron(s) are pushed toward the rear of the atom during travel. If the atom is accelerated further, the electron can be completely repelled from the atom, causing ionization. The electron will be traveling in the opposite direction as the proton after ejection. The magnetic field of the proton will cause electrons ahead of the proton to be attracted while electrons behind to be repelled. The right hand rule can be used to show the direction of the magnetic field lines created by the proton. One would have to use the left hand to determine the direction of magnetic field lines created by the ejected electron.

If the traveling electron encounters multiple protons, each proton will serve to direct the electron by a combination of attractive and repulsive electrostatic forces.

Rotating protons will cause a magnetic field that is greater at the periphery of rotation than the more central protons. An electron traveling in the opposite direction as the protons will be pulled to the more peripheral region of the rotating protons. The electron will continue to travel circumferentially in the opposite direction of the rotating protons. The net force on the electron traveling in a rotating mass will be diagonal.

The diagonally directed electrons in a rotating mass largely determine the shape of the spiral arms of a galaxy due to a combination of electrostatic and magnetic forces acting upon them.

Electron travel in a galaxy will therefore be from the center toward the periphery of the spiral arms of a galaxy.

After the electrons travel through the spiral arms, many are electrostatically attracted to the positively charged center of the rotating mass.

The result of these magnetic and electrostatic forces create what H. Alfven described as a unipolar inductor in 1977. I find it amazing that Alfven could envision this generator-like effect of galaxies in 1977.

crawler

Re: Hannes Alfven and the Galaxy as a Unipolar Inductor

Unread post by crawler » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:18 pm

By the way. My aether theory says that a rotating flat galaxy sends aether in the opposite directions compared to them there unipolar electrons, ie my aether is sucked in at the equator & is spat out at the poles (due to simple centrifugal inertial action). Might have some relevance. I dont think that my anti-circulation necessarily hurts the electron circulation.
My aether circulations do i reckon help to explain the anomalous outer star orbits.
I daresay that the electron circulations might too, even tho it/they is/are opposite to my aether circulation.
STR is krapp -- & GTR is mostly krapp.
The present Einsteinian Dark Age of science will soon end – for the times they are a-changin'.
The aether will return – it never left.

galaxy12

Unread post by galaxy12 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:48 pm

For stargazers, this map shows Earth's location in the Milky Way Galaxy. If the orientation is not right, hopefully someone will correct me.

The following image shows the proposed electron flow through the milky way along Earth's path. This may help someone trying to correlate electron flow through the galaxy with our solar system's weather patterns.

galaxy12

Unread post by galaxy12 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:50 am

The frequency of electromagnetic wave emission from the galaxy is dependent upon the velocity of the electrons that impact the gas or dust. The higher the velocity, the higher the frequency of emission. Slower electrons entering or exiting and impacting matter along the galactic limbs typically produce more visible light. Electrons that are accelerated towards the positive central region of the galaxy have higher velocities. Moderate velocity electrons that follow a looping path from the periphery of the galaxy back toward the positively charged center produce a high amount of X-rays. Electrons from deep space that have been gradually accelerated over very long distances toward the positively charged center of the galaxy are typically traveling at very high velocities and impact the gas/dust in the central galactic bulge with high momentum, creating a large amount of energetic gamma rays.

galaxy12

Unread post by galaxy12 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:52 pm

This article seems to support the premise behind Alfven's "unipolar inductor" theory of a galaxy.

https://scitechdaily.com/astronomers-di ... tic-chaos/

This image from the article shows an allegedly "younger" galaxy with well formed spiral arms and a faster rotational velocity. The "older" galaxy's rotational velocity is slower, it no longer has well formed spiral arms and its star's orbits become more random. Since Alfven's "unipolar inductor" theory suggests that the angular momentum of the galaxy is being converted to electric current, we would expect older galaxies to have less angular momentum and a reduced electron current traveling toward the periphery through the spiral arms. This electrical current in the spiral arms is necessary to create a magnetic field that holds the spiral arms and galaxy together. Without a continuous electric current and steady magnetic field, we would expect the motions and orbits of solar systems, stars and planets becomes more disorganized. These older galaxies can sometimes be gravitationally, magnetically and electrostatically pulled toward younger, faster rotating galaxies with higher electrical current flow and eventually merge.

BeAChooser

Unread post by BeAChooser » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:43 am

Interesting thread.