I apologize if this is the wrong place to go poking my nose in..

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light? If you have a personal favorite theory, that is in someway related to the Electric Universe, this is where it can be posted.
Geist

I apologize if this is the wrong place to go poking my nose in..

Unread post by Geist » Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:06 pm

So a little backstory first, so my questions don't seem weirdly leading.

I am an aspiring writer and due to economic reasons, I have to get very serious about this, rather than just writing napkin short stories on whims that always end up in my recycle bin. So I've been working on what I'd like to be a believable fictional universe to the best of my ability as just a laymen. Naturally that involves a lot of research. Topics like genetics, evolution, economics and politics are pretty intuitive. Easy to understand as a result without having to get very academic about it.

Astrophysics though is little arcane. At least to me. I get the very basic ideas of plasma cosmology and electric universe, but trying to envision how the evolution of future technology in an electric universe would go is really making me draw a blank. Other than the obvious holy grail of fusion power. I'd always liked electric universe theory ever since I'd heard about it from someone very passionate, yet no matter how much related reading material I consume, I just don't see much in the way of 'recreational speculation.'

Is it because the difference between EU and the commonly accepted model isn't really so significant that it would have its own unique technological evolution? If not then what is possible in an electric universe? Could the filaments connecting solar systems somehow be used to power interstellar vessels? By solar sail? Maybe more like the contact power rails on bumper cars? Might they end up the galaxy's super highways? How could it be weaponized by future peoples tired of each other's nonsense? Could you turbocharge the plasma layer around a solar system to use it like a defensive shield?

Once again I apologize if this is not the appropriate place to be asking about this sort of thing, but it isn't as if there is anywhere else I could ask it and actually expect an answer, truth be told.

Open Mind

Re: I apologize if this is the wrong place to go poking my nose in..

Unread post by Open Mind » Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:55 pm

I'm not skilled in EU enough to really have penetrating idea's anchored in the cutting edge plasma science, but I was noodling about this myself. I think about the Safire Group's developements, which have taken a practical direction for likely economic reasons and market directed motives. They mentioned vaguely that they stumbled onto an event in their experiementation that essentially suggested that they managed to generate a huge spike in heat from a 7% input, and maxed out their lab in the process. What they suggest that means is that if it takes 1 minute to boil a pot with a torch, but 1 hour with a candle, then they've come up with a plasma based system that can effectively boil a pot with a candle in 6 minutes. That's free energy essentially.

But even if you scale that up to the future, its not as sexy because its just free power to run your toaster. However, extrapolating from the Safires nuclear remediation process, one could presume that we'd have unrestrained use of all things nuclear, without consequence, and that's quite alot of power.

What is really cool is the kinds of zero gravity propulsion systems that are described by Bob Lazar. Assuming this movement about alien stuff has legs, its easy to project that our future has zero gravity, and a working public relationship with alien races.

But EU also has a connection to the expanding earth idea, with its theoretical explanation of sun power and the transmutation offered to explain where the increased matter comes from. So that means the future could be post earth expansion catcalysm with genetically adjusted smaller humans walking around in higer gravity earth, and mixing with larger present day sized human survivors from previoius lower gravity time, who are leading them back from post catastrophe earth survival mode. I'd love to see a futuristic post apocalyptic story like that. Very cool. Anyways, my 2 cents.

Geist

Unread post by Geist » Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:32 am

That gives me a couple leads to pursue, thank you very much!
Open Mind wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:55 pmThey mentioned vaguely that they stumbled onto an event in their experiementation that essentially suggested that they managed to generate a huge spike in heat from a 7% input, and maxed out their lab in the process. What they suggest that means is that if it takes 1 minute to boil a pot with a torch, but 1 hour with a candle, then they've come up with a plasma based system that can effectively boil a pot with a candle in 6 minutes. That's free energy essentially.
Where does this free energy actually come from? Well, I suppose I should actually hunt down and read anything I can on it before asking questions.
Open Mind wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:55 pmBut EU also has a connection to the expanding earth idea, with its theoretical explanation of sun power and the transmutation offered to explain where the increased matter comes from. So that means the future could be post earth expansion catcalysm with genetically adjusted smaller humans walking around in higer gravity earth, and mixing with larger present day sized human survivors from previoius lower gravity time, who are leading them back from post catastrophe earth survival mode. I'd love to see a futuristic post apocalyptic story like that. Very cool. Anyways, my 2 cents.
I had something like this in mind, but rather than earth itself, its a primordial super earth in another system within the tolerance for humans adapt to naturally over time. Most people imagine they'd get squished down by gravity, but I think its more likely micronization would occur as it did with a lot of earth species for not so agreed upon reasons. So, halflings more so than dwarves, I suppose! I'm surprised to hear about expanding earth here in relation to EU. I remember it being mentioned in passing as a possible explanation or contributor to the micronization of species, though I can't quite remember where, maybe a youtube video about one of the speculative evolution projects like Wallace II. I've been listening to so many they're kind of blurring together.

So the idea is earth is slowly growing from the sun feeding it energy, which it then transmutes into matter? What is the alternative explanation for it? A snowballing effect with space debris?

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Fri Apr 05, 2024 5:48 pm

IMO, the best place to learn about realistic, detailed EU theory is from Charles Chandler's writings, which I've largely collected at https://zzzzzzz.substack.com/p/electric-astrophysics .

Conventional earth expansion is ridiculous, IMO. The supercontinent, Pangaea, was obviously hit by a large asteroid which split it up and pushed the continents apart. That's why the continents adjacent to the Atlantic and Indian Oceans appear to fit together. The mass of the asteroid itself would have expanded the Earth's volume slightly. A.I. says the radius would have expanded by over 3 miles. The supercontinent itself was likely the result of a much larger asteroid impact, which may have been part of the same body that formed the Moon. I have a lot of material on that at https://cataclysmicearthhistory.substack.com/archive . So any expansion would only be a result of major impacts.

There's a lot of evidence for transmutation.

Open Mind

Unread post by Open Mind » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:40 pm

Lloyd says "I have a lot of material on that"

That's never been in question. There's also alot of material supporting the abject madness of everything on Thunderbolts.

Roy

Unread post by Roy » Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:34 am

I think if you want to write science fiction, you should read it, as well as history, science, and good new novels. I have read SF for over 70 years. Starting with Heinlein’s Red Planet. You can make up stuff as you go along, unless it is contrary to currently known fact . Examples are stories about the seas of Venus before we knew it has a surface hot enough to melt lead, a carbon dioxide atmosphere with a surface pressure equivalent to being three thousand feet deep in the ocean, and there is no water. But incorporate those facts into a story and go with it .
Mars has a 96% CO2 1.6% N atmosphere without water or oxygen, pressure is six tenths of one percent earth’s. Mean surface temperature is minus 80 degrees F. Gravity is 37% earth’s. Red Planet wouldn’t work today.

SF without aliens - Isaac Asimov’s Foundation series, David Weber’s Honor Harrington series.
SF with aliens, James H. Schmitz Telzey Amberdon series, John Ringo, Into the Looking Glass series, Troy Rising series.

Good new novel - Needles and Delaney, by Todd Dorsey & The Missus.

History - Battles & Leaders of the Civil War, 4 vols. pub. about 1879, vols 5 & 6 recent.

Evidence of previous technically skilled civilizations - Graham Hancock, Fingerprints of the Gods series.

The problem with Astrophysics today is that it is a closed shop. No ideas accepted since about 1965. If you mention electricity on APOD discussion, for example, you get deleted. Comets are dirty snowballs despite impacts, pictures and landing on one with a probe. I seldom comment over there any more.

allynh

Unread post by allynh » Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:12 pm

I'm coming late to this thread.

There have been a few threads that look at writing novels.

- Look at this thread and follow all of the links.

https://thunderbolts.info/forum3/phpBB3 ... 6220#p6218

I think you will find most of the stuff that you need.

Stories using EU would have the ability to make the Sun brighter, darker, or go out all together. The Solar System would disperse in that last case.

In the threads, A. Bertram Chandler is mentioned using a "gaussjammer" that rides those electric currents.

See if any of that is useful, and be sure to ask more on this thread. I'll keep checking back.

BTW, We have a thread for Growing Earth Theory. Here is the post with links to lectures by James Maxlow, and his book.

Are the planets growing?
http://thunderbolts.info/wp/forum3/phpB ... t=60#p7888

The whole thread has a bunch of links and goes back to Forum 2.0 if you want to see everything.

I'll have to add a post to pop the thread back up. HA!

But I digress.

Roy

Unread post by Roy » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:01 am

Some authors, as allynh has pointed out, go to considerable effort explaining the travel hardware. Weber’s Honor Harrington series does so, from the first novel “On Basilisk Station” through the whole series, with improvements and explorations as part of each story.
Other authors such as Jack Vance concentrate on the societal story of humans & aliens, and don’t feel it necessary to do more than “align the ship on the target star, and engage the intersplit “.
For EU cognizant stories, the author should realize that there are very strong radiation, electrical, and magnetic fields in space. For example the ice moon Europa is in Jupiter’s fields, and has 540 REMs of ionizing radiation per day on its surface, five times a lethal dose.