How does a vacuum have energy if it has no mass ?

Has science taken a wrong turn? If so, what corrections are needed? Chronicles of scientific misbehavior. The role of heretic-pioneers and forbidden questions in the sciences. Is peer review working? The perverse "consensus of leading scientists." Good public relations versus good science.
crawler

Re: How does a vacuum have energy if it has no mass ?

Unread post by crawler » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:20 am

Maol wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:39 am How can it be said there is no energy in a vacuum when all the electromagnetic spectrum traverses vacuum throughout the universe.
Cargo wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:16 am Well... there's no such thing as a vacuum in the religious sense it is often invoked with.
Space has a lot of radiation that is not matter or mass in the ordinary sense.

And space has a lot of something that tells us that space is near mass/matter. What is that something?
it us what i have called Photaeno(s). Emitted by all photons, ie emitted by matter & light.
Strictly speaking we karnt tell how far any one photaeno is from its source.
What must be happening is that photaenos are denser per cubic metre near matter.
But, the Olbers' Paradox strikes at this level too, ie every cubic metre should be saturated/full of photaenos (& photons).
The solution to both OPs is that photons die eventually, & photaenos too die eventually.

Anyhow, every cubic metre of space has a lot of (1) photons & (2) photaenos (ie energy) in addition to (3) matter.
And every cubic metre of space contains (4) gravity energy & (5) magnetic energy & (6) charge energy.
I dont think that i can add (7) radio energy, koz radio is a part of (5).
STR is krapp -- & GTR is mostly krapp.
The present Einsteinian Dark Age of science will soon end – for the times they are a-changin'.
The aether will return – it never left.