Balanced Water / Imbalanced Opinions

Hundreds of TPODs have been published since the summer of 2004. In particular, we invite discussion of present and recent TPODs, perhaps with additional links to earlier TPOD pages. Suggestions for future pages will be welcome. Effective TPOD drafts will be MORE than welcome and could be your opportunity to become a more active part of the Thunderbolts team.
jacmac

Re: Balanced Water / Imbalanced Opinions

Unread post by jacmac » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:27 pm

Sorry Surik but, I am not into ether and related ideas.
So, I don't have an opinion on "Eternal Rush".

Surik

Unread post by Surik » Wed Sep 07, 2022 6:42 pm

jacmac wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:27 pm Sorry Surik but, I am not into ether and related ideas.
So, I don't have an opinion on "Eternal Rush".
I believe that there is no disagreement between the theory I am presenting and the EU. They only describe other aspects of reality. I am an ardent supporter of both :)

Demosophist

Unread post by Demosophist » Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:30 am

his stance is that it is not scalable because we don’t have lightning big enough today to test the results in real time.
Odd as it might seem at first this "scale lock-in" perception is a side effect of the printed word. McLuhan goes into this in detail. Education prior to Gutenberg and the Industrial Revolution involved something called the Classical Trivium which included the three "trivial arts": dialectic, grammar, and rhetoric. Dialectical logic and perception are scale dependent because they don't have a ground, while grammar transcends scale. The modern view that dialectic is logic, while grammar is sentence structure and rhetoric is fancy speaking was also a product of the print era. Grammar is more properly thought of as universal relations, which holds at all scales. You won't be able to convince him until he's ready to see things differently, and some people never will.