Mercury: How May I Assist You

Hundreds of TPODs have been published since the summer of 2004. In particular, we invite discussion of present and recent TPODs, perhaps with additional links to earlier TPOD pages. Suggestions for future pages will be welcome. Effective TPOD drafts will be MORE than welcome and could be your opportunity to become a more active part of the Thunderbolts team.
Brigit

Mercury: How May I Assist You

Unread post by Brigit » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:58 pm

The last visit to Mercury ended in 2015 when the MESSENGER spacecraft was deliberately crashed into the planet after running out of maneuvering fuel. MESSENGER found that Mercury possesses a magnetic field, but it remains mysterious. Planetary scientists think that a rotating “dynamo” of molten iron exists inside Mercury, although spectroscopic data shows no trace of iron. Why the molten interior did not cool-off eons ago is also a mystery—presupposing the iron core actually exists.
Another mystery is Mercury’s thin atmosphere. Temperatures exceed 400 Celsius at noon, and the planet is blasted with nine times more radiation than Earth, so how can it possess a detectable atmosphere? A planet that small, experiencing intense solar irradiation, should not have even the smallest atmospheric remnant.
Did Einstein's General Relativity predict that?
“Oh for shame, how these mortals put the blame upon us gods, for they say evils come from us, when it is they rather who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given…”
~Homer

crawler

Re: Mercury: How May I Assist You

Unread post by crawler » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:17 am

Brigit wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:58 pm
The last visit to Mercury ended in 2015 when the MESSENGER spacecraft was deliberately crashed into the planet after running out of maneuvering fuel. MESSENGER found that Mercury possesses a magnetic field, but it remains mysterious. Planetary scientists think that a rotating “dynamo” of molten iron exists inside Mercury, although spectroscopic data shows no trace of iron. Why the molten interior did not cool-off eons ago is also a mystery—presupposing the iron core actually exists.
Another mystery is Mercury’s thin atmosphere. Temperatures exceed 400 Celsius at noon, and the planet is blasted with nine times more radiation than Earth, so how can it possess a detectable atmosphere? A planet that small, experiencing intense solar irradiation, should not have even the smallest atmospheric remnant.
Did Einstein's General Relativity predict that?
Mercury probly captures some of the Sun's atmosphere.
On the way out, or back.
STR is krapp -- & GTR is mostly krapp.
The present Einsteinian Dark Age of science will soon end – for the times they are a-changin'.
The aether will return – it never left.

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:16 am

by crawler » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:17 am
"Mercury probly captures some of the Sun's atmosphere.
On the way out, or back."

Right, some of the H and He are from the Sun, they think!

But the astronomers assured everyone at the time that the only solution for Mercury's eccentric orbit was Einstein's laws of gravitation.

Then they showed a mathematical calculation that was more accurate than Newton's and which matched the actual measurements of the planet's course.

As any one can see -- and its not just hindsight -- they really did not allow for every possible factor which could lead to its fast movement and slight deviation. Another possibility is that the planet Mercury may have recently migrated or been captured.

And since then, Mercury has revealed an unlikely magnetic field for its age, a whispy atmosphere, and a surface composition that is a bit rich in volatiles, considering its position near the sun. So perhaps it has not been there for long.
“Oh for shame, how these mortals put the blame upon us gods, for they say evils come from us, when it is they rather who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given…”
~Homer

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:31 am

2.3.1 Volatile elements
MESSENGER’s geochemical observations definitively refuted the notion that the surface of
Mercury is depleted in volatiles relative to the other terrestrial planets. Highly volatile species,
including H and organics, are present but limited to Mercury’s permanently shadowed regions in
polar impact craters (Chapter 13).
Moderately volatile species, specifically Na, S, K, and Cl, are
abundant and widespread (Nittler et al., 2011; Peplowski et al., 2011, 2012a, 2014; Weider et al.,
2012b, 2015; Evans et al., 2015). The condensation temperatures (in Kelvin) for these elements
(Lodders and Fegley, 1998) – 970 (Na), 674 (S), 1000 (K), and 863 (Cl) – are sufficiently low to
provide a sensitive test of the maximum temperatures experienced by Mercury and/or its precursor
materials during planetary formation processes.
Mercury’s surface has elemental concentrations
of Na, S, K, and Cl (Table 2.1, Figures 2.2 and 2.3) that are similar to those found on the surface
of Mars, long regarded as the most volatile-rich planet in the inner solar system. Mercury’s Na, S,
and Cl abundances are higher than those observed on the volatile-depleted Moon by an order of
magnitude or more.
The Chemical Composition of Mercury
Larry R. Nittler1, Nancy L. Chabot2, Timothy L. Grove3, and Patrick N. Peplowski2
Last edited by Brigit on Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Homer

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:56 am

"For such a tiny planet, Mercury is a pretty big puzzle for researchers. NASA’s MESSENGER probe already has revealed that the planet is surprisingly rich in elements that easily evaporate from the surface, such as sulphur, chlorine, sodium and potassium. This is incredibly odd as these kind of substances most likely would disappear during a hot or violent birth – exactly the type of birth a planet so close to the sun, such as Mercury, would have had." Discover Magazine

It also has a high Magnesium to Silicon ratio, but the expected Iron is practically lacking. (Hey maybe it's made of talc! (: )

While the bright white and the yellow materials on Mercury are always interpreted as having been excavated by an impact, or outgassed by a vent, salt (NaCl) and Sulphur may have been deposited by electrical arcs from one body to another.

After all, salt deposits have been discovered on Ceres in the asteroid belt, and we find salt deposits here on earth.

ref: Astrum: "What Did NASA's Dawn Discover on Ceres?"
dur. 10:00
~Homer

crawler

Unread post by crawler » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:46 am

If one searches "centrifuging" then one will find instances where i talk of my own theory of the centrifuging of aether due to orbit or spin.
This faux-gravity could affect Mercury's orbit & perihelion etc.
The present Einsteinian Dark Age of science will soon end – for the times they are a-changin'.

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:34 pm

by crawler » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:46 pm
If one searches "centrifuging" then one will find instances where i talk of my own theory of the centrifuging of aether due to orbit or spin.
Okay, thanks crawler!

Another thought regarding aether is that neutrinos could play a role in the bending of light, at the Sun's limb.

ref: "Electric Gravity in an Electric Universe"
by W. Thornhill

"Others and I have argued that a plenum of neutrinos forms the aether. Based upon nuclear experiments, I have also proposed that neutrinos are the most collapsed, lowest energy state of matter. In other words they exhibit vanishingly small mass. However, being normal matter composed of subtrons, they are capable of forming electric dipoles.

In an oscillating electromagnetic field a neutrino must rotate through 360˚ per cycle. That would link the speed of light in a vacuum to the moment of inertia of a neutrino.

Having some mass, neutrinos must be ‘dragged along’ by gravitating bodies. They form a kind of extended ‘atmosphere’ which will bend light. It has nothing to do with a metaphysical ‘warping of space.’"
~Homer

crawler

Unread post by crawler » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:32 pm

Brigit wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:34 pm by crawler » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:46 pm
Okay, thanks crawler!

Another thought regarding aether is that neutrinos could play a role in the bending of light, at the Sun's limb.

by W. Thornhill

"Others and I have argued that a plenum of neutrinos forms the aether. Based upon nuclear experiments, I have also proposed that neutrinos are the most collapsed, lowest energy state of matter. In other words they exhibit vanishingly small mass. However, being normal matter composed of subtrons, they are capable of forming electric dipoles.

In an oscillating electromagnetic field a neutrino must rotate through 360˚ per cycle. That would link the speed of light in a vacuum to the moment of inertia of a neutrino.

Having some mass, neutrinos must be ‘dragged along’ by gravitating bodies. They form a kind of extended ‘atmosphere’ which will bend light. It has nothing to do with a metaphysical ‘warping of space.’"
Any extended atmosphere effect near the Sun made of photons propagating at c km/s or of neutrinos travelling at c km/s must be a very weak effect (a kind of refraction). Gases etc are trapped at the surface of say the Sun hence can have greater density at lower altitude but photons etc can't be trapped. Any greater density of neutrinos closer to the Sun would be due to the bending of their traject as they pass, which smells a little bit fishy because here we are invoking density due to bending & at the same time we are invoking bending due to density, which is a chicken & egg kind of process, but which probably makes sense if given enough time. But can never be a strong effect (perhaps it can be a strong effect if near a supermassive body).

crawler

Unread post by crawler » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:19 am

Brigit wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:34 pm by crawler » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:46 pm
Okay, thanks crawler!

by W. Thornhill

Here is how we get the doubled bending of light near the Sun (1.75 arcsec).
(1) Aether accelerates into the Sun where aether is annihilated.
Photons are an excitation of the aether combined with an annihilation of aether, all propagating at c km/s. Hence a photon will be carried along in the aether (where the aether goes the photon goes). The aether can be thought of as meeting the surface of the Sun at the escape velocity (617 km/s). Hence a photon passing close by the Sun has that bent traject, which happens to be equivalent to the so-called ballistic (Newtonian) bending of 0.87 km/s that can be calculated for a say ball or bullet.

(2) Aether accelerates into a photon where aether is annihilated.
Here the photon passing the Sun gets a second dose of bending, due to the photon annihilating aether, aether accelerating towards the photon to replace the lost aether. And this bending happens to be equivalent size-wize to the ballistic bending for a ball or bullet, 0.87 arcsec.

So, (1) is due to the Sun annihilating aether, & (2) is due to the photon annihilating aether, each contributing 0.87 arcsec, totaling 1.75 arcsec.
In other words a ballistic photon bends by 1.75 arcsec, & a ballistic ball or bullet bends by 0.87 arcsec.
This will be difficult to understand.

A neutrino will behave like a photon. Because a neutrino is a doubled photon, ie it consists of two photons sharing the same axis, but 90 deg out of phase (em-wize). And a neutrino has twice the mass/inertia/momentum/energy of a single photon (if all else is equal).
Actually i like the idea that neutrinos are primary, & when split they give say two photons.
But u might prefer that photons are primary, & when joined/merged they give a neutrino.

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:02 am

by crawler » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:19 pm
Actually i like the idea that neutrinos are primary, & when split they give say two photons.
But u might prefer that photons are primary, & when joined/merged they give a neutrino.
No, no, no, neutrinos accepting enough gamma energy give e-/e+ pair production! (;
But I can appreciate the case you are making. (:
~Homer

crawler

Unread post by crawler » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:39 pm

Brigit wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:02 am by crawler » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:19 pm
No, no, no, neutrinos accepting enough gamma energy give e-/e+ pair production! (;
But I can appreciate the case you are making. (:
I have never bothered to learn about standard sub-atomic stuff. Its all too difficult.
But your comment reminds me that an electron is a free photon that has in effect bitten its own tail to form a loop, becoming a confined photon (Jeans called it bottled light). Likewize a positron. Similarly a proton.
Which raises the possibility that a free neutrino (a dark photon) can form a dark electron or a dark proton. Dark electrons/protons would not form nuclear atoms, they would form dense neutron-like particles, dark matter.
If there is much more dark matter than ordinary matter (in our infinite universe), then that is one reason why i like the idea of calling a neutrino a primary thing rather than a secondary thing (tertiary).

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:08 pm

I have never bothered to learn about standard sub-atomic stuff. Its all too difficult.
But your comment reminds me... the possibility that a free neutrino (a dark photon) can form a dark electron or a dark proton.
I feel that the aether made up of neutrinos was experimentally verified by Nikola Tesla. He used a tube to create an extremely rarefied vacuum and applied a current. What he saw convinced him that the glow within the tube was not produced by any gas molecules, but was produced by smaller particles which had accepted the energy of the x-rays "of transcendent power."
~Homer

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:33 pm

Steven Smith says,

Also, volatiles on Mercury:
Mercury’s surface has elemental concentrations
of Na, S, K, and Cl (Table 2.1, Figures 2.2 and 2.3) that are similar to those found on the surface
of Mars, long regarded as the most volatile-rich planet in the inner solar system. Mercury’s Na, S,
and Cl abundances are higher than those observed on the volatile-depleted Moon by an order of
magnitude or more.
If Mercury was formed in its present orbit and is of great age, we would expect the planet to have at one time been molten, and further that the core would have cooled, the magnetic field would be gone, and that there would be no atmosphere and no volatiles.

This raises a question. In the electrical model of planetary formation, can we expect a spherical object to be formed without necessarily creating a molten "lava bomb", which then later cooled? Can the electrical forces compress material into a structured sphere, with varying surface features and with stratification, out of minerals, without necessarily melting them through?

I believe there is plenty of evidence for the formation of spheres by electric currents, in electric fields, which may not necessarily reach the melting point of any of the elements -- except (as a general rule) toward the center.
~Homer

crawler

Unread post by crawler » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:16 pm

Brigit wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:08 pm
But your comment reminds me... the possibility that a free neutrino (a dark photon) can form a dark electron or a dark proton.
I feel that the aether made up of neutrinos was experimentally verified by Nikola Tesla. He used a tube to create an extremely rarefied vacuum and applied a current. What he saw convinced him that the glow within the tube was not produced by any gas molecules, but was produced by smaller particles which had accepted the energy of the x-rays "of transcendent power."
I think i read that some modern lasers have gas at 1/700 atmosphere. And everyone (Aetherists Einsteinists etc) all agree that it is the ordinary rarefied gas in a laser that magnifies the initial light, or if u like it is perhaps moreso the electron part of the gas. In a sense electrons are the smaller particles.

I havent studied Tesla much, i know that he believed in aether, but i dont know whether (later) he thought that aether consisted of neutrinos.
Did he reckon that electric current (of some kind) somehow created X-rays, & then the X-rays excited the aether (neutrinos) to make photons??

I doubt that Aetherists would say that the aether itself can be humanly made to directly do anything (eg glow, ie make photons), except that the aether can transmit electric forces & magnetic forces (which are actually a single em effect)(u cant have one without the other), & it can also create & transmit the force of gravity (which is actually 2 effects)(both involving a different form of inertia).

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:49 pm

by crawler » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:16 pm
I havent studied Tesla much, i know that he believed in aether, but i dont know whether (later) he thought that aether consisted of neutrinos.
Did he reckon that electric current (of some kind) somehow created X-rays, & then the X-rays excited the aether (neutrinos) to make photons??

I doubt that Aetherists would say that the aether itself can be humanly made to directly do anything (eg glow, ie make photons), except that the aether can transmit electric forces & magnetic forces

I put the references for Nikola Tesla's experiment and his description of his view of aether on Electric Universe - Resources. They are both excerpts from newspaper articles, archived at teslauniverse com.

The aether which he describes in the news paper columns is a medium composed of particles. These particles accept such high energy as the rays from his vacuum tube, and were the source of the corona around the tube.

He did not use the term neutrinos.
~Homer