Worlds In Collision Audio

Books, journal articles, web pages, and news reports that can help to clarify the history and promise of the Electric Universe hypothesis.
KTMKim

Worlds In Collision Audio

Unread post by KTMKim » Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:43 pm

Greg Jay has done a great job connecting dots and commenting on EU videos and concepts. He recently started making videos again and is reading Worlds In Collision. I’m loving it. If you don’t know his channel, you need to visit.

https://m.youtube.com/c/GregJay/videos

nick c

Re: Worlds In Collision Audio

Unread post by nick c » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:05 am

Thanks to Lloyd for reminding me of this...

Worlds In Collision (1950) is also available free on line as a pdf:
https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/arch ... lision.pdf

Open Mind

Worlds In Collision modern follow up ?

Unread post by Open Mind » Thu Jan 05, 2023 4:52 pm

I'm making my way through the book and its an extremely enjoyable read. Thankfully by being on these boards and having a general interest in EU and following the many youtube updates on its progress, I'm getting the additional advantage of actually knowing some of the recent developements that have firmly planted some concepts that were only his conjecture at the time, which adds an entirely more exciting layer to the first reading of it.

So many questions, for who ever might read my comment. But what would be even better is if anyone can shoot me a link to past discussion on this book if they exist. That would likely cover most of my curiosities. Quick sample of my questions though..

1) The biggest leap that troubles me is the broad presumption that young Solon's suggestion of 9000 years was a childhood blurring of the reality that it was actually 900 years. Has there been follow up on opinions about this presumption, given the curious allignment of 9000 years actually pointing to the YD cataclysm substantiation?

2) Has any chemist actually synthesized something approaching Carbohydrates from hydrocarbons, and oxygen? Is there a temperature control in the process that is paralleled in the temperature implications of the extreme heat of the proposed event, and then the extreme cold of that materials time in the atmosphere during the dark years post event? Is there a link of someone actually doing that and forming a beige paste at least approaching the described material that seems to have sustained the Jews in the desert?

That's enough so far, considering I'm only half way though. At this point as I read, I'm finding I'm actually excited to track down, if it exists, a new book written from someone in the EU's perspective, a follow up that runs through the book stopping at points that have been updated, because I'm sure I don't know all of those points, but enjoy understanding where this has all lead since 1950. thx.

nick c

Unread post by nick c » Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:15 am

Hi Cargo,
You posed two interesting questions. The second even more interesting than the first.
1) The biggest leap that troubles me is the broad presumption that young Solon's suggestion of 9000 years was a childhood blurring of the reality that it was actually 900 years. Has there been follow up on opinions about this presumption, given the curious allignment of 9000 years actually pointing to the YD cataclysm substantiation?
Solon lived around 600 BC. Plato wrote about Solon's trip to Egypt more than two centuries later. It seems to me that a person living in that time would have no concept of the span of human history and how would he know the difference between 9000 years and 900 years before his time? Who kept track? Who had calendars that went that far back?

The Egyptian's didn't keep track of their history in any sort of organized fashion. The dynasties that we use today, were made by an Egyptian priest named Manetho who lived in Egypt- post Alexander the Great - in which Egypt was ruled by Greeks (the Ptolomies) . There is no mention of dynasties, sequences of pharaohs, or overall history of Egypt before Manetho. There are only bits and pieces derived from surviving monuments, stela, papyri, etc. which historians use to piece history together.

When dealing with Greeks, Egyptian priests had an incentive to stretch out their history in order to impress their Greek visitors, whom they considered to be upstarts. In Plato's Timaeus the Egyptian priest tells Solon, "'you [Greeks] are all young', came the reply: 'you have no belief rooted in old tradition and no knowledge hoary with age.'"

There is no reason for accepting the amount of time that has passed as reported by an Egyptian priest to Solon, since Egyptians did not keep historical records going that far back in time. So how could an Egyptian priest in circa 590 BC know about what occurred 9000 years before?
I would accept the level of precision in Plato's recounting of Solon's learning about the time of the destruction of Atlantis as being "a long time ago" with no more accuracy than that.

The medium of myth, while of value in the comparative reporting of similar events, is not of much use for precision dating. For that reason, I don't put any value on the 9000 year figure... or even the 900 year figure, for chronological reasons which I don't want to get into here.

(The second question will be answered in a following post)

nick c

Unread post by nick c » Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:40 pm

Contnued:
2) Has any chemist actually synthesized something approaching Carbohydrates from hydrocarbons, and oxygen?
Yes. From The Age of Velikovsky by C.J.Ransom, Kronos Press, Glasboro, New Jersey (1976) Ch.IV, p.83:
Astronomer Cecilia Payne-Gasposchkin, introduced in Chapter 1, claimed that it was ridiculous to think that food could be produced from petroleum. Otherwise , she claimed, all the starving people of the world could be fed.

Alan C. Nixon, past president of the American Chemical Society, recently proposed doing exactly what astronomer Cecilia Payne-Gasposchkin said was impossible. He noted that the technology exists for producing protein and fats directly from petroleum. He also noted that this would not be as wasteful as it sounds, since food producition presently consumes almost as much energy in the form of petroleum as it produces as food.

In 1971 the British Petroleum Company started production in a plant capable of producing 4000 tons of food from petroleum each year. A second plant near Marseilles, France, started that same year with a planned annual capacity of 16,000 tons. By 1976 the production of protein from petroleum had undergone moree than eleven years of rigorous testing. The trade name for this product is Troperina. It is mixed with other ingredients to provide a high-protein feed more nutritious than common animal feeds and at a comparable cost. Plans are being made to manufacture protein from petroleum for human consumption.

In addition, Wong Lee Kuong [PENSEE, Winter 1973, "The Synthesis of Manna" p 45] has shown that there are at least six different ways for producing carbohydrates from hydrocarbons through reactions in the Earth's upper atmosphere. For example, the hydrocarbons could mix with the hydrogen and oxygen layers. Combustion and cosmic irradiation could produce a mixture of carbon dioxide and hydrogen, carbon monoxide and water vapor. Irradiation of this mixture could produce formaldehyde, from which various types of sugars and starches could be generated by polymerization and aldol condensation.

According to ancient sources, the order would even be correct. The mixture would receive radiation during the day, and polymerization would occur in the cooler night, particularly on dust particles. The end product would fall to the ground in the early morning.
(Note: footnotes are not included in the quote)

As far as I know the above mentioned plants no longer exist. There is not any industrial production of food from petroleum today (other than things lke food coloring). I suspect that the costs are at a level where it is not economically feasible.
But the point is that there are processes that can produce edible products from hydrocarbons and that has already been done (in the 1970's).

Open Mind

Unread post by Open Mind » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:19 pm

nick C wrote "The medium of myth, while of value in the comparative reporting of similar events, is not of much use for precision dating. For that reason, I don't put any value on the 9000 year figure... or even the 900 year figure, for chronological reasons which I don't want to get into here."

Thanks very much for the reply. Instinctively, I have to agree logically its a reckless expectation of Solon and the priests to have any real chance of verification, so the value of those idea's of course falls to the broken telephone of human flaws of distracting motivations in interpretation. Plus, the Greeks were probably pretty smug, so I get it.

So, that would mean, that given the modern day anchored and proven dating of the YD, (at least as far as we can trust carbon dating hasn't been influenced by plasma events corrupting the carbon half life's), and slightly influenced by the curious coincidence of the "9" shared between one order of magnitude difference between 900 and 9000, that should allow for a reasonable presumption that 9000 was in fact accurate. But it sounds like this question goes deeper and has lots of moving parts maybe. Not asking for a full presentation.

Also re: "According to ancient sources, the order would even be correct. The mixture would receive radiation during the day, and polymerization would occur in the cooler night, particularly on dust particles. The end product would fall to the ground in the early morning. "

That's what I was looking for. So I can add that Velikovsky conjecture into the 'confirmed' column, or at least that the idea has not been debunked to date with enough certainty. Excellent.

I have a third idea I was tooling around with as well I'd like to ask you about. Regarding the events of the cataclysm.

Velikovsky seems to be painting a picture more close to the Crustal Displacement idea which implies a far more violent process. In his descriptions of the cataclysms he talks about mountains melting like wax and rolling, turning.

It was reminding me of a similar process. It sounded like he was interpreting the ancient descriptions and depictions as if they were describing witnessing the calving of ice chunks and the turning of icebergs. So I was thinking in terms of a cataclysm resulting from what is described as crustal displacement, and picturing the sub crustal magma layers rising in heat and melting from underneath, making the crust thinner during the process. Although, it didn't sound like the movement was exclusively crustal displacement, but it did seem to imply that when the magnetic poles were influenced and forced to turn the planet, that perhaps there was a sort of 'slosh momentum' of the crust from these relatively quick turns.

I imagined the compacted and more dense and heavier the crust might be underneath the weight of a mountain, and pictured that higher heat more quickly heating the under crust of less dense areas not overburdened by mountains might be melted earlier. From this I was picturing mountains having significantly more mass dipping down beneath the non magma melted 'under crust' and eventually wanting to crack free from its attachment points of the rest of the crust and spinning about its moment of inertia like an ice burg that begins to rebalance itself when its overall volume becomes out of balance with its own moment of inertia.

Do you think this could be a reasonable interpretation of those moments of 'mountains turning over'. I have heard about the curious observation of tops of mountains having far older fossils than the lower area's which has confused geologists.