Evidence for electric discharge as a primary formative agent of the Martian geomorph - Report link

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.
Arcmode

Evidence for electric discharge as a primary formative agent of the Martian geomorph - Report link

Unread post by Arcmode » Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:51 am

This is a link to my final research report regarding electric formation of the Martian surface. It contains the contents of my previous posts on the subject as well as some additional material, more detailed explanations and annotated images. I didn't get any detailed feedback from school, just a grade, so there may be mistakes. Sometimes it's hard to spot your own mistakes without an editor. This is also my first research report so there may be some newbie errors in the science, format or expression. I would greatly appreciate feedback in this regard so as to improve the document over time and get it into such a state that it can be shared more widely.

The part about the right hand rule and Valles Marineris is a concept I got from a youtube comment by Andrew Hall. I didn't reference it as I no longer remember which video it was from and exactly what he said, but I wanted to give him credit here at least.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ypQjIk ... share_link

jacmac

Re: Evidence for electric discharge as a primary formative agent of the Martian geomorph - Report link

Unread post by jacmac » Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:30 pm

Well done Arcmode. I have not seen any "mistakes",
but I offer a few comments:

The first paragraph under Methods seems a bit off, in terms of sentence structure and clarity;
I would have given a couple of examples, but it seems I cannot copy and paste from your paper.
If you posted the paragraph I could give examples easier.

A photo showing a radial pattern of grooves out from a crater would be good.

In the wrinkled ridges section: "The electric currents....are constrained by (their own self generated ) magnetic fields"
You might add the idea in the parenthesis ?

Page numbers ?

Arcmode

Re: Evidence for electric discharge as a primary formative agent of the Martian geomorph - Report link

Unread post by Arcmode » Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:31 pm

Thank you Jacmac :)

I didn't realise viewers can't copy text, I will have to change that, and I didn't even think of page numbers. Yes, the fields should be described as self-generated, that's an important point.

Here's that paragraph:

'Martian landforms were surveyed for fractal scaling, filamentary morphology, dendritic formations and other characteristic patterns associated with electrical discharge. Landforms were analysed with a view to explaining their formations with appeal to the mechanisms and behaviours of plasma and electric discharge. Canyons, crater chains and outflow channels were examined in order to determine any morphological or physical connections that may indicate creation by a single agent, and evidence that agent is electric discharge. The Valles Marineris canyon and its surrounding region takes an inverted symmetric form. Tracing this form to the wider surface, a similar, global pattern was sought in the relative distribution of landforms and high and low elevation areas.'

Maol

Unread post by Maol » Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:50 pm

jacmac wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:30 pm Well done Arcmode. I have not seen any "mistakes",
but I offer a few comments:

The first paragraph under Methods seems a bit off, in terms of sentence structure and clarity;
I would have given a couple of examples, but it seems I cannot copy and paste from your paper.
If you posted the paragraph I could give examples easier.

A photo showing a radial pattern of grooves out from a crater would be good.

In the wrinkled ridges section: "The electric currents....are constrained by (their own self generated ) magnetic fields"
You might add the idea in the parenthesis ?

Page numbers ?
It must be something to do with the browser you are using. I copied this, but it pastes in typical pdf scramble requiring the usual pdf copy routine of repeating Delete and Space until lines and spaces are arranged in original order.

Arcmode's paper wrote:Martian landforms were surveyed for fractal scaling, filamentary morphology, dendritic formations and other characteristic patterns associated with electrical discharge. Landforms were analysed with a view to explaining their formations with appeal to the mechanisms and behaviours of plasma and electric discharge. Canyons, crater chains and outflow channels were examined in order to determine any morphological or physical connections that may indicate creation by a single agent, and evidence that agent is electric discharge. The Valles Marineris canyon and its surrounding region takes an inverted symmetric form. Tracing this form to the wider surface, a similar, global pattern was sought in the relative distribution of landforms and high and low elevation areas.