Interesting Magnetometer Readings

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.
Maol

Interesting Magnetometer Readings

Unread post by Maol » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:11 am

The EM energy from an X flare struck Earth's atmosphere and the resulting magnetometer readings are interesting. They are common wave forms seen using an oscilloscope for auto ignition systems diagnosis. Do any of you understand spark ignition systems well enough to discuss this?

I tried to post the image but couldn't do it.Perhaps someone else can. Here is the web address for the image https://www.spaceweather.com/images2023 ... posite.jpg

This is the link to the Space Weather time machine to display the correct day to see the image, January 11, 2022.
https://www.spaceweather.com/archive.ph ... 2023scroll down to the image of three magnetometers.

Maol

Re: Interesting Magnetometer Readings

Unread post by Maol » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:26 am

Well, I screwed that up two ways, day date and year date. The day is January 10, and the year is obviously 2023. If I could edit the OP I would, but a mea culpa is the only way out now.

this is the corrected link to the SpaceWeather page.
https://www.spaceweather.com/archive.ph ... &year=2023

Specifically, the image that caught my eye is the Fredericksburg reading which is very similar to an automobile ignition system secondary ignition voltage measurement of an individual spark plug firing. However, compared to an auto ignition, the timeline is inverted left to right and voltage is inverted top to bottom, as if time was flowing backwards and the polarity was reversed if it was an auto induction ignition.

Here are some images of ignition system oscilloscope patterns. Perhaps you can see the similarity of E/M forces between a car and the cosmos in spite of the magnitude of scale.

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffsb&q=oscill ... &ia=images

This is such a frustrating website for not being able to post images. Most everywhere else on the web just drag and drop using the Insert Image feature. What am I doing wrong?

BeAChooser

Unread post by BeAChooser » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:40 am

I don't think it's possible to post and image.

Perhaps because for all intents and purposes, the forum has been abandoned by those who created it.

nick c

Unread post by nick c » Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:28 pm

BAC wrote:I don't think it's possible to post and image.
One of the reasons that made this version 3.0 a necessity, was that version 2.0 got too big. For that reason 2.0 was ended and archived, and in 2020 replaced by this version. The forum's Administrative Control Panel is set to allow a certain sized picture to be posted in a thread, however there is a fixed restriction that allows only Administrators to post images. I cannot change that, so I suspect that it was built into the forum from the beginning, and the intention was to keep the forum from getting too fat.
Perhaps because for all intents and purposes, the forum has been abandoned by those who created it.
No, that is not the reason that you cannot post images. This forum v3.0 was created by the same person who created forum v2.0 and v1.0

Maol

Unread post by Maol » Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:35 pm

It is a shame you can't simply see the images at a glance so you could ponder the remarkable similarity of the oscilloscope trace of the firing voltage in a spark plug wire and the magnetometer readings.

Did any of you follow the links to see the images?

paladin17

Unread post by paladin17 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:59 pm

The description on the website sums it up quite well.
Long story short: extra ionization from the flare causes a current spike in the ionosphere. Magnetometers pick up the magnetic field from that current.

Maol

Unread post by Maol » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:40 pm

paladin17 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:59 pm The description on the website sums it up quite well.
Long story short: extra ionization from the flare causes a current spike in the ionosphere. Magnetometers pick up the magnetic field from that current.
That is obviously the point of the report in the SpaceWeather website.

My point in making this thread is to illustrate the remarkable similarity the measurements displaying the behavior of the ionosphere's response to a large EM pulse have with oscilloscope patterns generated by the high voltage discharge pulse generated by ignition systems in automobiles.

Ignition systems are creatures of the basics of electricity, resistance, capacitance and inductance. How those basics influence voltage and amperage in electric circuits is the means by which an oscilloscope provides diagnosis of anomalies in ignition systems, as each of those basics of electricity affect the scope pattern a unique way which gives insight to the circuit behavior.

Sorry if it is pedantic, but I think it is interesting that the ionosphere displays the same behavior or response to an EM pulse as the high-voltage inductor in an ignition system. If you are not familiar with ignition system scope patterns I can see this makes little sense to you, which is a shame that could be avoided if this forum provided a means to display images. (one picture being worth ten thousand words)

paladin17

Unread post by paladin17 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:08 pm

Maol wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:40 pm
paladin17 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:59 pm The description on the website sums it up quite well.
Sorry if it is pedantic, but I think it is interesting that the ionosphere displays the same behavior or response to an EM pulse as the high-voltage inductor in an ignition system. If you are not familiar with ignition system scope patterns I can see this makes little sense to you, which is a shame that could be avoided if this forum provided a means to display images. (one picture being worth ten thousand words)
Yeah, one pulse-type process is similar to another pulse-type process. Not a big revelation.
What follows from that though?

One could also say it's similar in shape to a Christmas tree. And, well, Christmas tree has lights, and during geomagnetic disturbances we observe polar lights. Not one, but two similarities!
Then, polar lights are green, and so is Christmas tree. That makes it three!
Christmas tree is being used when it is cold. But you know where it's cold most of the time? At the polar circles, where the polar lights are! Four similarities.
I think you can see that my analogy is at least 4 times better than yours.

Maol

Unread post by Maol » Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:41 pm

I guess you've never used an oscilloscope so it is just blind EU luck my analogy is pedantic enough for you to understand

paladin17

Unread post by paladin17 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:31 pm

Maol wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:41 pm I guess you've never used an oscilloscope so it is just blind EU luck my analogy is pedantic enough for you to understand
If the idea of this topic is to make random ad hominem assertions instead of trying to make a point, then it succeeds marvelously.
I'm out of place here though.

jacmac

Unread post by jacmac » Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:35 pm

[quote]Sniping: Communicating in a negative fashion and then leaving the encounter by leaving the scene and not talking about it anymore.

crawler

Unread post by crawler » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:40 pm

Which reminds me -- Russians said that the first LIGO miracle was due to an atmospheric happening (i can find the link) -- & Pro Reg Cahill said that it was due to an Earthly disturbance which he showed was also picked up by lots of automatic Earth stations (i can find the link).
STR is krapp -- & GTR is mostly krapp.
The present Einsteinian Dark Age of science will soon end – for the times they are a-changin'.
The aether will return – it never left.

Maol

Unread post by Maol » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:21 am

paladin17 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:08 pm I think you can see that my analogy is at least 4 times better than yours.
paladin17 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:31 pm
Maol wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:41 pm I guess you've never used an oscilloscope so it is just blind EU luck my analogy is pedantic enough for you to understand
If the idea of this topic is to make random ad hominem assertions instead of trying to make a point, then it succeeds marvelously.
I'm out of place here though.
Your assertion is your analogy is 4 times better than mine, so I agree. Success is yours.

Maol

Unread post by Maol » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:28 am

crawler wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:40 pm Which reminds me -- Russians said that the first LIGO miracle was due to an atmospheric happening (i can find the link) -- & Pro Reg Cahill said that it was due to an Earthly disturbance which he showed was also picked up by lots of automatic Earth stations (i can find the link).
I remember this and other incidents when a strong solar EM pulse disturbed Earth's magnetosphere and a concurrent earthquake was "just a coincidence". There was a relatively lively discussion of a coincidence such as this in v2.0 in regard to the Fukushima quake in 2011.