Radiation burst hit Earth 7500 years ago...

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.
kmcook

Radiation burst hit Earth 7500 years ago...

Unread post by kmcook » Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:39 am

Article on the Australian Broadcasting Commission website 26 Oct 22.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/202 ... /101563738

Key points:

Earth has been hit by at least six extreme radiation events over the past 10,000 years, according to data in tree rings
These events, known as Miyake events, were thought to be caused by solar storms
But the most comprehensive study to date suggests not all these extreme events fit the picture and may be caused by unknown solar or galactic phenomena

BeAChooser

Re: Radiation burst hit Earth 7500 years ago...

Unread post by BeAChooser » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:56 pm

Thanks for posting this. Very interesting and very scary. Another reason to prep. Especially when the scientist involved says ""It's really important that we resolve this question because the Carrington Event was 100 times smaller in terms of radiation output than these Miyake events." As has been pointed out, if the Carrington Event were to happen today, it would crash most of our communications. Well, maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing?

Roy

Unread post by Roy » Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:28 pm

Yes, thanks. I had often wondered about previous Carrington events. There was some mention about something similar being the triggering sign for Nat Turner’s slave rebellion (I read about it in General George Meade’s biography - his family had to hide in the swamps to escape slaughter).

The stringing of wire all over the lands will be receptive to electric disruption. Would we recover ? Yes. Chaos seems to be the human condition. History is the story of constant war.

Would Faraday cages be effective? Will fiber optic lines be affected? Enquiring minds want to know.

BeAChooser

Unread post by BeAChooser » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:40 pm

This is the most comprehensive study ever made of these events and the big result is a big shrug; we don't know what's going on.
But I do agree …
If we had an event like that, even on the short scale … we'd be thrown into chaos.

nick c

Unread post by nick c » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:15 pm

Yes, thanks. I had often wondered about previous Carrington events. There was some mention about something similar being the triggering sign for Nat Turner’s slave rebellion (I read about it in General George Meade’s biography - his family had to hide in the swamps to escape slaughter).
The Carrington Event in 1859 created havoc with telegraph communications. That type of solar flare event today would have the potential to create great chaos or worse.
https://www.history.com/news/a-perfect- ... gton-event
http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2006/ ... rflare.htm