Wrinkle ridges

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.
Arcmode

Wrinkle ridges

Unread post by Arcmode » Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:11 am

Hi, I’m new here and I wanted to share some observations I’ve made along EU lines. I’m at uni studying geoscience. For a third year research project a supervisor agreed to my doing a project on Martian geology from an EU point of view. Pretty cool. He agreed, although he had never heard of EU, on the basis of some observations I made of the Martian geomorph that cannot be explained by standard processes.

I was hoping to post some of my observations here on the forum and get some feedback, in case I have misunderstood something or could otherwise benefit from more information, ideas etc. I also have some questions people might be able to answer. The images are a bit rough but I think they get the ideas across.

I’ll start with wrinkle ridges. I didn’t see any tpods or other articles or videos about these, but I haven’t seen everything on this forum or the Thunderbolts site so it might not be anything new.

I tried many times and in different ways to embed images in the post, but it kept saying it couldn't determine the dimensions of the image so I gave up and just used links.

Wrinkle ridges are long sinuous ridges found on the Moon, Mercury, Mars and other moons and asteroids of the Solar System. See Figure 1. The standard explanation for these ridges is faulting and folding following contraction of the basaltic plains on which they occur. Despite viewing dozens of ridges in high resolutions, no obvious sign of faulting was observed.

https://freeimage.host/i/QDo19a

Figure 1. Wrinkle ridge field. Lunae Planum, Mars.

While they are described as sinuous in the literature, the morphology of these ridges is more accurately described as twisted and helical, morphologically very similar to deep space phenomena and terrestrial arcs composed of interacting filaments of plasma. See Figure 2.

https://freeimage.host/i/QDqb4e

Figure 2. Top – Martian wrinkle ridge. Middle – Laboratory arc discharge. Bottom – Veil Nebula. At every scale the same helically twisted filamentary morphology repeats.

Higher resolution imagery reveals helices within helices and self-similar morphology at varying scales. See Figure 3.

https://freeimage.host/i/QDBwFe

Figure 3. Red lines - A smaller helix nested inside a larger one. Gray arrows – The same morphology on an even smaller scale, bound inside, and conforming with, the larger helix formation.

On a larger scale the ridges can be seen to come together and intertwine in the same way that the individual filaments intertwine within the ridges, creating a larger helix and again displaying the fractal expression of whatever agent created the formation. See Figure 4.

https://freeimage.host/i/QDBvAx

Figure 4. Ridges come together and intertwine in a similar manner to the intertwining of individual ridge elements, an example of fractal scaling.

Figure 5 shows an example from Mercury in which the twin filaments of the ridge diverge and continue in different directions. This behavior indicates that the ridges are composed of two main filaments that are constructive of material in the space between them as they interact, and when separated continue to form their own ridges continuously without the second filament to form the opposite side.

https://freeimage.host/i/QDBrMP

Figure 5. Ridges appear to be constructive of material in the space between them as they interact. Here the two sides separate and continue alone, forming one sided ridges.

This morphology of twisting and intertwining cannot be accounted for by standard geological processes known to be operating on Earth. Rock may sometimes be seen to have been twisted at some point in its formation, but this will not extend for hundreds of kilometers at surface as a distinct formation, be seen as a repeating pattern at varying scales within the formation, or as part of a wider field of interacting, helically twisted formations.

My question for anyone here who can answer it is: Would Marklund convection be a possible mechanism for these ridges forming, with the material being drawn in by the plasma filaments and then kind of ‘frozen’ in that shape as the current dissipates?

Thanks for reading :)

jackokie

Re: Wrinkle ridges

Unread post by jackokie » Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:38 pm

@arcmode I'm not knowledgeable enough to address your questions, but I want to thank you for pursuing this investigation, and especially compliment your supervisor for agreeing to it. I'm somewhat familiar with the various forms attributed to Electric Arc Machining of bodies in the solar system, but have never seen these apparently helical formations before, much less seen them addressed at Thunderbolts or anywhere else. I'm looking forward to what promises to be a fascinating discussion.
Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once.

nick c

Unread post by nick c » Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:17 pm

Arcmode:
Excellent!
Are you familar with the work of the late Michael Steinbacher?
Here is a YouTube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDbDMlEWIIY
Last edited by nick c on Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: dead link deleted

Arcmode

Unread post by Arcmode » Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:08 am

Thanks guys, it's been a lot of fun going over maps and images of the planets looking for clues.

Thank you for the links nick, I've read some of Michael Steinbacher's posts and I hope to see all his work eventually. At the moment I'm also reading Andrew Hall's material. He's cool, I emailed him and he was very helpful.

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:15 am

Arcmode says»
Oct 11, 2022
"I’ll start with wrinkle ridges. I didn’t see any tpods or other articles or videos about these, but I haven’t seen everything on this forum or the Thunderbolts site so it might not be anything new.
Wrinkle ridges are long sinuous ridges found on the Moon, Mercury, Mars and other moons and asteroids of the Solar System. See Figure 1."

Hi Arcmode,

The reason you have not turned up any articles in your search using the term "wrinkle ridges" is likely, IIRC, because it has never been used by Thunderbolts or the Electric Universe.

For your images, some other terms you could use are "sinuous rilles", "crater chains", and "raised dendritic ridges".

You should find dozens of Picture of the Day articles, several holoscience papers, and quite a few video results. For a more general search, try "electric scarring."

I hope you find what you are looking for in the primary publications. The case for electrical formation of craters is probably the most compelling, and the easiest to start with. Mountain formation in the entire solar system is an amazing topic, but there has not been as nearly as much published on the subject.
“Oh for shame, how these mortals put the blame upon us gods, for they say evils come from us, when it is they rather who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given…”
~Homer

jackokie

Unread post by jackokie » Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:32 pm

As a programmer, I've done a lot of debugging (some not even of my own code :) ) and there's an imperative one must observe to be successful: See what you're looking at! In the Michael Steinbacher video at the link nick c provided the circular patterns of the North American mountains are obvious, but in all the maps I've looked at over the years I never saw them. One wishes the skeptics/turf defenders who ridicule Plasma Cosmology / EU concepts take an unbiased look at the cosmos.

Some of the images in Arcmode's post show a definite helical structure, especially https://freeimage.host/i/QDBvAx
In all the images from laboratory attempts to replicate the features of geological EAM I've not seen this pattern. It's as if the arc extended horizontally in the form of a Birkeland current. Has anyone seen this pattern created in EAM experiments in the plasma lab?

Thanks nick c for the links to Steinbacher's work. It's apparent the world has lost a valuable mind.

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:34 pm

jackokie says »
Oct 14, 2022
"Some of the images in Arcmode's post show a definite helical structure, especially https://freeimage.host/i/QDBvAx
In all the images from laboratory attempts to replicate the features of geological EAM I've not seen this pattern. It's as if the arc extended horizontally in the form of a Birkeland current. Has anyone seen this pattern created in EAM experiments in the plasma lab?"

Yes, plasma physicist CJ Ransom did an experiment with a rubber ball coated with aluminum. He got a global pattern of electric scars which maintained their width over long distances. Stephen Smith wrote about it in a potd called "Down to the Sea". It's about the supposed cracks between shifting ice rafts on Jupiter's moon, Europa:
  • https://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/wp-con ... umball.jpg
    Fig. 6. An aluminized rubber ball after exposure to an electric arc for approximately one second. Credit: Cj Ransom

"Do breaking and colliding ice rafts create parallel grooves with levees several meters high? Europa’s rilles are not analogous to ice cracks on Earth, since variations in thickness and composition that repeat over long distances should not be expected. Yet, repetitive patterns are observed on Europa. The swirls and loops that cover the moon are only duplicated in the laboratory using plasma discharge equipment."
    https://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/2017/0 ... the-sea-2/
Another example of the "arc that extended horizontally in the form of a Birkeland current" is found on Ariel, Uranus' moon:
  • http://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2009/ ... 8ariel.jpg
    Fig. 7. Ariel, a small moon of Uranus. Credit: Calvin J. Hamilton
    Ariel's Cicatricial Visage Jul 31, 2009 by Stephen Smith
    Every moon in the Solar System has been sculpted by violent episodes of electric discharge machining.
    What seest thou else
    In the dark backward and abysm of time?
    The Tempest, Act 1 Scene 2
    --- William Shakespeare
Notice the reference to seeing what you're looking at (:

This image comparing Europa's looping, filamentary scars with the discharge in a plasma ball offers some insight -- perhaps it is not always an arc mode plasma that does the scarring, but could be more of a plasma discharge in a filamentary glow mode?
  • https://www.thunderbolts.info/tpod/2004 ... europa.jpg
    Fig. 8. Europa and Plasma. Credit: top, Wal Thornhill, bottom, Galileo Project, JPL, NASA
    Europa Caught in the Middle
    "The images above show a plasma ball as an electric discharge flows across it (top) and a view of Europa's scarred surface (bottom). Europa's rotation has been captured by Jupiter, so the same side faces Jupiter all the time. (The same is true of our own moon and the Earth.) The parts of Europa directly facing Jupiter and those exactly opposite are rugged and chaotic (hence the name chaos regions). These regions are where the thunderbolts struck and where they departed. The surface areas connecting the two chaos regions (bottom image) are characterized by long, looping scars in patterns similar to those seen on the plasma ball.

Europa displays a frozen record of strikes by Jupiter's thunderbolts in the recent past. Just as lightning looks for the easiest path to ground, Jupiter's thunderbolts preferred to run across the surface of Europa rather than through the near vacuum of space. The result is a filamentary pattern of superimposed furrows running this way and that for hundreds and thousands of kilometers across the face of the moon."
“Oh for shame, how these mortals put the blame upon us gods, for they say evils come from us, when it is they rather who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given…”
~Homer

jackokie

Unread post by jackokie » Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:58 pm

@Brigit Thank you so much! It seems like every day I'm reminded of how much I missed by not knowing about Thunderbolts and the Electric Universe earlier. Missing not just the knowledge, but people like Michael Steinbacher.

It's discussions like this that are bittersweet. The very best work I've done in system development has been collaborative. The sharing of knowledge here is great, but oh what a fine old time we could have if those folks turf-guarding obsolete ideas would just jump in and explore the EU with us. :(

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:36 pm

Nah, they're happy with their statistics and computer models.

But what would really be incredible is if Dr. Ransom were to write up his findings with his aluminized ball. In fact, that would be amazing. I am very very puzzled by those electric scars crossing over each other. Why on earth did those scars intersect? That does not obey the rules of the travel of a Lichtenburg figure at all. I really want to know what happened there.

I really think he zapped it twice !
~Homer

Arcmode

Unread post by Arcmode » Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:10 am

Thanks for your posts Brigit, very helpful. I was looking into dendritic ridges but I had forgotten what Thunderbolts had named them. Geologists call them 'faceted triangles' and claim they are evidence of faulting.

Pretty cool with the aluminized ball. I have found many cases on Mars of discharge lines criss-crossing each other.

Here's an example.

https://freeimage.host/i/t7W5Yv

Maybe its more than one strike/discharge event, or maybe things are more complicated when it comes to rock, vegetation, volatiles, atmosphere etc all together, than with the nice clean Lichtenburg figures we see in plastic, wood and air.

Brigit

electric ridges

Unread post by Brigit » Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:11 am

Arcmode says, "Maybe its more than one strike/discharge event, or maybe things are more complicated when it comes to rock, vegetation, volatiles, atmosphere etc all together, than with the nice clean Lichtenburg figures we see in plastic, wood and air."

There is a movie/short of the actual discharge on the aluminized ball somewhere ! I believe that shows one single discharge. Sorry to suggest that there was an incorrect caption (:

You are looking at dry bodies.

The earth has a thick atmosphere and a lot of water.
~Homer

Arcmode

Filamentry ridges

Unread post by Arcmode » Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:05 pm

Brigit, you named your post 'electric ridges.' I agree wrinkle is the wrong term. Although they look wrinkled, it seems the ground is not really wrinkled as geologists are forced to assume. How about 'Filamentry ridges?' It describes the shape while also referencing plasma as the agent.

You said I am looking at dry bodies, did you mean the ball or Mars? If Mars, it seems in both the mainstream and electric universe reconstructions Mars was once like earth, with a thicker atmosphere and lots of water, maybe life.

Arcmode

Unread post by Arcmode » Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:51 pm

Whoops, that should be filamentary.

Brigit

Filamentary Ridges

Unread post by Brigit » Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:28 pm

Arcmode says »
Oct 29, 2022
"Brigit, you named your post 'electric ridges.' I agree wrinkle is the wrong term. Although they look wrinkled, it seems the ground is not really wrinkled as geologists are forced to assume. How about 'Filamentary ridges?' It describes the shape while also referencing plasma as the agent."

Excellent term and definition Arcmode . I really really love the term and the concise definition. The earth's mountains are Filamentary Ridges in my view, formed by electric discharges traveling underground.

"You said I am looking at dry bodies, did you mean the ball or Mars? If Mars, it seems in both the mainstream and electric universe reconstructions Mars was once like earth, with a thicker atmosphere and lots of water, maybe life."

In my own personal view, Mars was dry (but not entirely waterless) in its last interplanetary discharge event. But I believe the Electric Universe published materials explore the possibility of water on Mars more often than not.
~Homer

Cargo

Unread post by Cargo » Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:01 am

I've read some things lately, and I came across something incredible, if I can fully explain it without losing track. I too would like to blame nick c for the link to http://www.varchive.org/itb/index.htm which after reading many pages so may other things started to make sense.
One of course, is that we can't limit our view to what we know about planets. And the immense energies of the solar/universe which was witnessed and recorded by Man.
Therefore Mars, which like Earth and all the other Planets has been through planet stages and has experienced inter-planetary electrical/plasma charges.
Every planet has capacitance, it exchanges energy through the plasma with all other objects near enough and for life with whoever the Primary(s) Suns of the system are. As the planet is to it's moon(s) so is the planets to the Sun(s). Anyway, holy cow, wrinkled ridges..
The very material of a planet, both gaseous and solid, transfers energy. Especially many know metals and 'rock'.. It is evident that strata of certain types will become conduits for electric forces, as this is driven by the plasma force, this imparts their shape in the material if it's willing enough to move that way.
Indeed, with enough current (in or out) we can have global auroras, sprites, and glowing rocks before an earthquake. And that is probably only a tiny fraction of what occurred to transform Mars into what we see today.
Damn, not sure if I helped you or not, but I am very happy that you are in the position your in, to really show the University what's it missing.
interstellar filaments conducted electricity having currents as high as 10 thousand billion amperes
"You know not what. .. Perhaps you no longer trust your feelings,." Michael Clarage
"Charge separation prevents the collapse of stars." Wal Thornhill