The Saturn System has water just like Earth's - Except Phoebe

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.
nick c

Re: The Saturn System has water just like Earth's - Except Phoebe

Unread post by nick c » Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:36 pm

Okay, I see your point.
I think we can also speculate that Brown Dwarf stars (if indeed what we see as Saturn today is the remnant of a brown dwarf) are prolific producers of water. Adding to Wal Thornhill's speculation that terrestrial type satellites of Brown and Red dwarf stars are where we should be looking for extraterrestrial life.

johnm33

Unread post by johnm33 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:56 pm

As if to confirm me in my view this showed up, https://phys.org/news/2023-02-aurorae-j ... moons.html
At Io, Jupiter's innermost moon, volcanic plumes of gas and dust are vast in size, reaching hundreds of kilometers in height. These plumes contain salts like sodium chloride and potassium chloride, which break down to produce additional colors.

Ok so still not Saturnian, what I'm thinking about this is that the water immediately evaporates but the salt being the most massive part of the solution carries the bulk of the inertia of the outburst. How long the water would persist as water in that electrical environment ? but I'm assuming it would rapidly diffuse and that if something similar happened on a saturnian satelite then it would end up in the bloch wall tension of the rings.
Phoebe if not an outlier seems to be towards one end of the spectrum when it comes to density, assuming we 'trust' the numbers, but low on mass and it may be that even if it does outgas hydrogen compounds and helium they simply evaporate off and are lost to it. Even Earth itself loses 100,000 tons of hydrogen to 'space' annually.

nick c

Unread post by nick c » Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:36 am

Something to think about...the closest star to our system is a red dwarf star, 6 of the 10 closest stars are red/brown dwarfs, and of the sixty closest stars fifty are red/brown dwarfs.
"We thought we would have to search vast distances to find an Earth-like planet. Now we realise another Earth is probably in our own backyard, waiting to be spotted," said Courtney Dressing, lead author of the study.
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-21350899

jacmac

Unread post by jacmac » Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:35 pm

I know this topic is about the chemistry of water, and salts and various reactions.
I am unable to join that discussion due to my weak chemistry knowledge.
But, regarding the discussion about
At Io, Jupiter's innermost moon, volcanic plumes of gas and dust
What about the electric component of the plumes on Io ?
Jupiter has a very strong magnetic field, Io orbits fast and close to Jupiter,
and Io has a very high iron content.

How might this contribute to the discussion about the water and salt content of the Plumes on IO ?

johnm33

Unread post by johnm33 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:28 pm

I think we can also speculate that Brown Dwarf stars

In some sense I think of all stars being either in or out of the powerful magnetohydrodynamic charge flux of the galaxy's bloch wall. So like light bulbs they can be off or on. My own peculiar take, though others have suggested it, is that stars are 'born' mostly at the galactic core and are released to slowly move away from the core, and spend most of their time in the arm to which they're 'native. In this way all the stars 'orbit' at a similar speed, but in fact move away according to their charge potential much like ions in the suns heliospheric current sheet. Those stars which spend little time in reciept of energy evolve slowly as a consequence of spending little time close to the galactic equatorial plane. I suspect the sun is native to M54 which would explain, almost perfectly it's orientation to that plane, as a consequence it has encountered a number of stars/brown dwarfs and may have been captured by the charge field of the M.W. it has certainly usurped their [4 as giants] place in the energy stream for now.
I prefer Charles Chandlers model of what takes place in the heart of stars, where iron precipitates out and settles into the depths, then since so many heavy metals are also created they form a layer directly above the iron, this because although the pressure continues to grow the gravitational peak is perhaps close to 1/3 of the way out from the center, by mass. Once the iron core has formed it seems that electrical/radiative forces create heavy metals within the iron and co-create protons/hydrogen ions in the process. These hyrogen ions are trapped in the matrix of the crystaline iron and are held in place by both the P/T's and the powerful charge feild surrounding the iron. Some no doubt escape in the matrix of the heavy metals as they are, over time, squeezed to the surrounding layer.
When two stars meet the most developed will draw in all the charge of both, this will alter the balance of power more in the core of the lesser and excess hydrogen ions will escape leeding to an explosive shattering of the iron core, which may emerge as several pieces some will be lost some may coalesce and others may find an orbital slot to inhabit. The largest pieces may retain a substantial amount of the upper layers of it's native sun and may even form planets. If they do it may be that they retain some of the hydrogen ions within their new iron core, and if they find an orbit then the acceleration into the orbit may be enough to cool down the heavy metals and the iron core after which in a slow process the interaction of it's 'new' sun and the core may continue to produce more hydrogen ions and these may be released at some future time when a new 'star' is captured and orbital slots change. This time instead of an explosive event a whole cascade of hydrogen chemistry begins to occur with any number of hydrogen based solvents being created in situe as supercritical liquids, one of which will be H2O.