Petrified Wood in Finland

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.
Ukkoskivi

Petrified Wood in Finland

Unread post by Ukkoskivi » Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:45 am

Hi!
According to the things google found out, there's no petrified Wood in finland.
Despite this information, I might have discovered petrified Wood here in finland. The samples are from the same area where the molten metal rocks are wich where recently featured in Andrew Hall's "The shocking truth".
Since a while I try to get some confirmation on a few samples wether they are petrified Wood or not. There's a university in the town I live. The guitarist of the band I'm in, is a university guy, he teaches history. Now it seems that the band could really well break up because of this. It's hilarious to think that a metal band breaks up because of some rock...
Anyway, it's hard to get any help from those people.
This is my first post here and have no idea how to post a picture here (is it possible?) How to do it with an android phone?
Who could tell me something about those rock samples I found wich could be petrified Wood?

Thank you very much
Stefan Ahmala

Ukkoskivi

Re: Petrified Wood in Finland

Unread post by Ukkoskivi » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:01 pm

Don't know how to edit my first post and also don't know how to post a pic (if even possible). So I try it this way, posting a link to a few pictures of rocks I found wich look like petrified Wood. I am not claiming it is. It would be really cool if it would be what I think but I really would like to hear some opinions from people who know more than me.
If they are just some average rock, they are still interesting looking and nice.
Hopefully it's OK to post a video here to show the rocks.

https://youtu.be/CMkpAS6tbeQ

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:06 pm

Thank you Ukkoskivi for posting your rocks.

That is very interesting. I did not know that google declared that there is no petrified wood in Finland. Ha! (:

One way to find out more is to cut them into slabs. Most of us don't have the equipment, but a local rock club might be able to help with the saws. Some of them might even be able to identify the species of tree.

Also, if there are any used bookstores around, sometimes old books about local geography can be found in the science section. They may mention petrified wood. It helps confirm your find if you can find it in print.

I think the last rock in particular looks very promising. I think those are clearly growth rings.

I really love Baltic amber, and would have thought there would be plenty of petrified wood around all of Latvia, Estonia, Finland, etc.!
“Oh for shame, how these mortals put the blame upon us gods, for they say evils come from us, when it is they rather who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given…”
~Homer

jacmac

Unread post by jacmac » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:23 pm

Ukkoskivi ,
When you submit a post there will be four boxes in the upper right corner.
the first one, that looks like a pencil is how to edit your post.
I think it stays there for about an hour.

Ukkoskivi

Aw:Re: Petrified Wood in Finland

Unread post by Ukkoskivi » Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:34 am

Thank you for your responses!
It sounds very promising especially when those rocks in the video where one piece, until I split it...
I have been there today again and since I started to look for petrified Wood I see it everywhere!
Sometimes i try not to see it everywhere but a few times I was wrong the other way around. I thought it's wood and it was stone.
There are some really large pieces of possible PW, much too large than any tree around, 5x larger or even more...
So I thought about the 12'000 year cycle, the place where north has been before the last event, changing gravity etc... If nowadays finland was 13000 years ago at the equator, tropical climate, a "lighter" environment due to less gravity it would be possible for trees to grow to immense heights.
I might post another video of rocks from the same location but those I think could possibly be gigantic petrified wood chunks.

https://youtu.be/idbY4rOlGGY

Writing all these things feels somehow a bit funky because usually I wouldn't say those out loud to anyone, except to my girlfriend.
But that's why I am here.
Thank you very much!
Stefan Ahmala

nick c

Unread post by nick c » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:15 am

Ukkoskivi wrote:Don't know how to edit my first post and also don't know how to post a pic (if even possible).
I just noticed this. In the upper right corner of your post there should be a series of boxes each with a symbol inside. The first (angled pencil) is for editing your post and the second (an X) is to delete your post.

There is (with one exception) a 60 minute grace period when you could perform either of these actions. After that the post cannot be edited or deleted by a registered user.

The exception is if there is another posting after your post but before the 60 min grace period is over, at the point of that next posting the edit or delete grace period is ended.

If the edit involves something like a corrected link, legal/copyright issue, forum rules violations, etc., a Moderator can be contacted to edit the correction. But typically, the wish of the forum management is to let posts stand as is. If there is something like a misstatement that you wish to correct, it is recommended that you make another post calling attention to or quoting the error and then correcting it in the subsequent post. Everyone makes mistakes!

There have been problems with some forum members being unable to post images or view posted images. But the Administrative Control Panel is set to allow the posting of attachments/images. The maximum image dimensions are 800 X 600 px

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:10 pm

The pictures you were able to referenced are similar to if not identical in appearance to rocks I've collected in Eastern Washington, among the Basalt flows of the Columbia plateau. I have collected petrified wood samples from large petrified logs exposed a few miles south of Vantage, where the Ginko Petrified Forest museum is located, which look exactly like classical petrified wood, concentric rings, etc. as would be expected. But these rocks you are inquiring about appear to be something the the locals refer to as petrified "bog". I have several examples of petrified "bog" which pictured (if I knew how to post them) look virtually identical to the samples you referenced. But there is another type of "petrified" material I have a significant collection of, ie. diatomaceous opal, found in the middle of lens-shaped beds of diatomaceous earth up to 40' deep. The diatomaceous earths, sandstones, shales, gravels, and clays found between otherwise extensive and "conformable" layers of basalt are all sites where different petrified woods have been found, as well as these petrified "bogs" similar to the rocks you are referencing. In any case, the mineral is quartz infused with water, known as "common opal", denoting the medium in which they were transported/deposited/underwent petrifaction. One interesting case shown in the Ginko Petrified Forest museum is a sample of "coalified" wood that was not petrified, though found in a layer several basalts deep in the plateau. The problem with this comparison is that Finnish Geology is largely metamorphic sequences atop granitic archaean bedrock. These are not the usual regions to find petrified materials.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

webolife

Unread post by webolife » Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:23 pm

On second thought, I've collected rocks from the metamorphic North Cascades region in Washington as well.
The grayer rocks you are showing appear to be schists (metamorphosed slates), and the more "opally" looking samples show the "schist-y" or "gneiss-y" wavy banding one would associate with metamorphism. The lighter-colored quartz-y section of the one rock you are inquiring about is possibly due to a local hotter contact region... but this is not characteristic of petrified wood, which for the most part retains very recognizable woody structures, eg. rings, elongated cells, woody vessels, cambium, etc.
Truth extends beyond the border of self-limiting science. Free discourse among opposing viewpoints draws the open-minded away from the darkness of inevitable bias and nearer to the light of universal reality.

Ukkoskivi

Aw:Re: Petrified Wood in Finland

Unread post by Ukkoskivi » Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:33 pm

Very big thanks to your great comment!
Just remembered that have been posting something here and got even a very delightful reply!
Yes, I know, there "shouldn't" be any petrified Wood here to be found and i never thought about petrified bog, wich is to be found here in great abundance. I have managed to write a paper wich got published. Didn't know i could do something like this but obviously i did it.
In the paper are some pictures of possible petrified Wood and i also talk about Peat but i didn't manage to make the connection between petrification and peat/bog. Thank you for that hint!
Here is link to the NCGT Journal where you can find the pictures
👇
http://www.ncgtjournal.com/latest-edition.html

While waiting STILL for the results of the samples i sent last summer to the finnish geological Survey, i thought I could make a video of the pieces I think they could be something petrified (bog, wood, bone). The lack of the ability of conversation of the scientific community made me write the paper...and now they are even more silent... Maybe I should take the silence as a sign of being on the right track, don't know. Writing anyway already the next paper and at least two others are waiting. Let's see, once they have to respond. One would expect that it would be a easy task for the professionals to debunk some claims of a person with absolutely no scientific education or whatsoever.

I really appreciate that you took your time to write such a long comment packed with useful information! It made me googling and that's always nice!

Best regards
Stefan Ahmala