The Saturn Myth & Polar Configuration Analysis & Critique

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.
evcochrane

Re: The Saturn Myth & Polar Configuration Analysis & Critique

Unread post by evcochrane » Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:53 pm

Thanks much for the interest Lloyd. My latest book is titled The Case of the Turquoise Sun and examines the earliest cosmogonic myths of ancient Mesopotamia, Egypt, India, Greece and Mesoamerica for clues to the role of planetary catastrophism in shaping the major institutions of human civilization (religion, the origin of writing, monumental architecture, drama, dance, etc.). As I hope to show, the ancients were obsessed with the planets and purposefully designed their cultures to model the appearance and/or behavior of the planets participating in the polar configuration. Although many volumes remain to be written, this particular volume represents a general overview of the findings of Talbott and myself to this point.

evcochrane

Unread post by evcochrane » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:07 pm

[quote=Lloyd post_id=5234 time=1623944049 user_id=184]

Do you think Saturn left the configuration first, leaving Jupiter in its place?

Personally, I don't see any role for the planet Jupiter in the polar configuration. As you will likely remember, this idea is original with Dave Talbott in several summary articles in Aeon. Dave presented some fascinating suggestions but never followed through in presenting his evidence for Jupiter's role. In the absence of that evidence, I will refrain from commenting further. Suffice it to say that, if you have been following my various Youtube presentations on Zeus, you will know that I do not identify the Greek god with Jupiter (that identification is the product of late influence from Babylonian astronomy). I believe I have posted some of this material on my website (see the video page kindly uploaded by Ian Tresman). You can also look under Thundergods and Thunderbolts, for example, or Written in the Stars. I have several chapters on Zeus in my forthcoming book that will discuss his proper identification.

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:14 pm

Thanks for your reply, Ev.

I hope you may like to comment on my latest post at https://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum3/ph ... 5269#p5269
which is about Objective, Non-creationist Arguments for Reducing the Ages for the Geologic Column.
And is the following plausible to you?
_MAINSTREAM SHORTSIGHTEDNESS.
Just as mythologists have overlooked basic facts in mythology, geologists have missed some basic facts in geology.

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:14 pm

Thanks for your reply, Ev.

I hope you may like to comment on my latest post at https://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum3/ph ... 5269#p5269
which is about Objective, Non-creationist Arguments for Reducing the Ages for the Geologic Column.
And is the following plausible to you?
_MAINSTREAM SHORTSIGHTEDNESS.
Just as mythologists have overlooked basic facts in mythology, geologists have missed some basic facts in geology (such as lack of erosion between sedimentary strata and sorting of strata).