Does anybody know what this rapidly moving object is In this SOHO movie?

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.
Maol

Does anybody know what this rapidly moving object is In this SOHO movie?

Unread post by Maol » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:24 am

Click on this --
https://soho.nascom.nasa.gov/data/Theater/
-- and select Image C3, Resolution 1024, paste this 2021-02-14 - 2021-02-16 in Dates, click on Generate and after it loads the images click on Play and zoom in to about 150% or more and look to the left of the sun about halfway between the sun and the edge of the image. What ever it is is visible moving clockwise from 8:00 to 12:00 about half the radius from the occulting disc hiding the sun to the edge of the circular image.

paladin17

Re: Does anybody know what this rapidly moving object is In this SOHO movie?

Unread post by paladin17 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:17 am

Most likely it's a comet. SOHO detects them every other day.
At least 4000 of such objects have already been detected since it became operational in 1995.

Maol

Unread post by Maol » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:44 pm

Have you (or anyone else of you EU forum members) actually looked at the SOHO movie images referenced in the OP? The download only takes a few seconds, viewing time will depend on how many times you replay it to ponder upon how the perspective affects the apparent velocity and trajectory of this object.

After having seen dozens of SOHO comet movies since SOHO was launched, this particular one, if it is a comet, seems peculiar as it has no tail and a unique orbit.

Cargo

Unread post by Cargo » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:41 am

I will look, give me a few days for bandwidth. I will say, I've followed the SOHO feeds since the days of FTP only for the latest gifs/movs. Star Dust is a strange thing though, and depth/distance is a visually tricky thing. I've seen very strange things over the years though, quite unknown to me.
interstellar filaments conducted electricity having currents as high as 10 thousand billion amperes
"You know not what. .. Perhaps you no longer trust your feelings,." Michael Clarage
"Charge separation prevents the collapse of stars." Wal Thornhill

JP Michael

Unread post by JP Michael » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:11 am

I saw it. Seems like a tiny comet to me. It comes in, hooks around and out it goes again.

paladin17

Unread post by paladin17 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:31 am

Maol wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:44 pm Have you (or anyone else of you EU forum members) actually looked at the SOHO movie images referenced in the OP?
Yes.