Dry, Wet and Underwater Electrical Scarring

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.
paladin17

Re: Dry, Wet and Underwater Electrical Scarring

Unread post by paladin17 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:17 am

neilwilkes wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:54 am I am not going to waste any more time with you - it's utterly futile.
No problem. I'm here for the people who wish to discuss science. Those who don't may do whatever else they want.

JP Michael

Unread post by JP Michael » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:59 pm

I've been reading the PhD thesis of Mary K. Wakeman, God's Battle with the Monster (1969), and couldn't help but dovetail a few things she covers in that book with the title of this thread.

Wakeman treats at length the various Hebrew "monsters." More well known amongst these are the dragons: Rahab ("Tyrant"; see Isa. 30:7; 51:9-10; Pss. 87:4; 89:10-11; Job 9:13; 26:12-13;), Leviathan ("Coiler"; see Isa. 27:1; Pss. 74:12-17; 104:25-26; Job 3:8-9; 41) and the more generic tanniyn ("monster/dragon"; see Job 7:12; Ezek. 29:3-6; 32:2-8; Jer. 51:34; Ex. 7:12; Gen. 1:21; Pss. 91:33; 148:7; Deut. 32:33). Nahash ("serpent"; see Gen. 3; Deut. 32:33; Ps. 91:13) gets a mention because of its poetic parallelism with Rahab, Leviathan and tanniyn in various places (e.g. Isa. 27:1), as does peten ("viper").

Added to these is the personification of the sea as a monster. It has two forms: Yam ("sea", cf. Ugaritic god Yamm. See Hab. 3:8; Mic. 7:12; Pss. 66:6; 72:8; 80:12; 89:26; 93:3-4; Zech. 9:10) and Tehom ("deep", cf. Babylonian Ti'amat. See esp. Gen. 49:25; Deut. 33:13; Ezek. 29:3, 19b; 31:15). God does 'battle' with both throughout the texts of both Old Testament and New, demonstrating mastery over them by treading upon their backs in victory (Job 9:8; Hab. 3:15; cf. Matt. 14:25-26!!). Really it is a non-contest. There is no comparison to the power of YHWH to command the sea at will, and it obeys him (Pss. 89:9; 107:28-30 cf. Mark 4:39-41!!). Yam is frequently found parallel to the dragon monster (Rahab - Job 26:12; Ps. 89:10; Isa. 51:9; Leviathan - Job 3:8; Ps. 74:13; Tanniyn - Job 7:12).

Less well known are the earth monsters. The Hebrew erets ("Earth/Land" - Ex. 15:12; Ecc. 3:21; Isa. 14:12; 29:4; 44:23; Ezek. 26:20; Ps. 63:10; 139:15) is again used in curious poetic parallelism as a monster to be subdued (Ps. 114:7; Mic. 1:3-4; Amos 9:5-6), melted (Ps. 46:7; Nah. 1:5) and split open (Isa. 24:18f.; Hab. 3:9; cf. Judg. 15:19; Ps. 78:15; Isa. 48:21; Zech. 14:4-8). Mot ("Death"; Heb. maveth or synonym sheol. See Hab. 2:5; Isa. 5:14; 25:8; 28:18; Ps. 21:10b; Pr. 1:12; 27:20; Deut. 32:22), likewise, has a gaping maw ever ready to swallow up all who plunge down into its endless chasm (e.g. Num. 16:31-34), a maw shut by YHWH (Num. 16:33; Isa. 28:18; Hos. 13:14). Behemoth also features as the beast (the literal translation of Heb. behemoth) of the land (Job. 40:15-25; Hab. 2:17 where behemoth is parallel to erets and Lebanon), a feature which recurrs frequently in later Jewish traditions (e.g. 4 Ezra 6:49-52, 2 Apoc. Bar. 29:4, and 1 Enoch 60:7-10, 24; b. B. Bat. 74b-75a). Of interesting note is that, like the earth, the sea too is split open by God (Ex. 14:16, 21; Neh. 9:11; Isa. 35:6; 63:12b; Psa. 74:15; 78:13 - except Ps. 74:15, all are references to the Exodus event).

What I found interesting and relevant to this topic was Wakeman's distinction between monsters of the "wet" and monsters of the "dry." It was her suggestion that this was an early dichotomy in Israelite (and Ugaritic/Mesopotamian) thought. Dragons can occupy either terrain, mostly as monsters of the wet/sea (Rahab - Job 26:13; Leviathan - Isa. 27:1; tanniyn), but also monsters of the dry/land (tanniyn, Nahash - Isa. 14:29 cf. Num. 21:6; Isa. 65:25 cf. Gen. 3:14; Deut. 8:15; Mic. 7:17). YHWH himself is thought of in wet-dry terms:
Mary K. Wakeman, pp.222-223 wrote:He is “the fountain of living waters,” [Jer. 2:13; 7:13] the life-giving force rather than the destructive floods, and “the rock of our salvation,” [Dt. 32:15; Ps. 89:27] the security of solid ground rather than its rigid, unyielding closedness.
When we consider Andy Hall's electric earth/sea hypothesis, suddenly the nature of the monsters in the earth and sea spring to life before our eyes. Did the ancient Hebrews witness seething electrical "dragons", causing devastating irruption of the sea over the land just as much as they cleaved asunder ancient hills and mountains, effortlessly carving valleys, rivers and wadis? Did Rahab really tower over the departing slaves as they crossed the dry land (Ex. 15:8-12), only to fall back to where it was before, the tyrant tyrannised by powers greater than itself?

Could it be that the ancient Hebrews, like a myriad of other ancient peoples, regarded earth and sea as hostile and unpredictable foes, precisely because they had the tendency to be just that? And that there the dragons of earth and sea still sleep, waiting for the next time they will awaken for an unprepared world?

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:46 pm

Some very wide and interesting reading, as usual, JP Michael!

So many verses to look up. Which I enjoyed.

I noticed one of them was Micah 1:3,4, which was in the news just recently. Did anyone see it? More Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered in the Judean desert. Ha Aretz reports that the fragments said:

Zech 8:16,17
  • These are the things you shall do:
    Speak each man the truth to his neighbor;
    Give judgment in your gates for truth, justice, and peace;

Let none of you think evil in your heart against your neighbor;
    And do not love a false oath.
    For all these are things that I hate,’
    Says the Lord.

And Micah 1:3,4
  • For behold, the Lord is coming out of His place;
    He will come down
    And tread on the high places of the earth.

The mountains will melt under Him,
    And the valleys will split
    Like wax before the fire,
    Like waters poured down a steep place.
It was such a beautiful find!

But I am going to have to give Ms Dr Mary Wakeman a miss this time. There are absolutely no earth monsters being subdued there, and that is just for starters.

The main inspiration for this thread is the work published by thunderbolts on electrical scarring, and in particular, I wanted to look at the way that lightning itself travels along the surface of the earth or under the earth for possible applications to earth's geology. Many statements by thunderbolts about the scarring on Venus and Titan provide a framework for exploring electrical scarring on earth, which I believe is almost completely electrical dendritic scarring, with very few craters. And there is a reason for that, which, if fully appreciated, will lead to some new inquiries about the rapid formation of rocks, gems, minerals and fossils.
“Oh for shame, how these mortals put the blame upon us gods, for they say evils come from us, when it is they rather who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given…”
~Homer

JHL

Unread post by JHL » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:12 pm

paladin17 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:17 am I'm here for the people who wish to discuss science. Those who don't may do whatever else they want.
Much of what goes on here delves into the pattern of historical or archeological evidence, into astronomical hypothesis, or even into a philosophy of being. Or into theoretical sciences entirely. Or creation, of which there at least a couple of kinds.

The rubric of Science in the local context may be self-evident or it may bear some further elaboration. I know I get antsy when I see post-origin Science appealed to as if it were universal and settled.

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:42 pm

Topic: "The main inspiration for this thread is the work published by thunderbolts on electrical scarring, and in particular, I wanted to look at the way that lightning itself travels along the surface of the earth or under the earth for possible applications to earth's geology. Many statements by thunderbolts about the scarring on Venus and Titan provide a framework for exploring electrical scarring on earth, which I believe is almost completely electrical dendritic scarring, with very few craters. And there is a reason for that, which, if fully appreciated, will lead to some new inquiries about the rapid formation of rocks, gems, minerals and fossils."
“Oh for shame, how these mortals put the blame upon us gods, for they say evils come from us, when it is they rather who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given…”
~Homer

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:59 pm

People change the subject of threads here, and that comes with the territory on a smaller forum.

In this case, we had to stop and discuss Suspicious Observers. When I first watched him he was using photos and footage from the WEF. I wasn't very happy about either the WEF promotion or his airline "conning" obsession (chm trls), and said a few things which in turn got me banned from TB on youtube.

That is my real history with SO.
~Homer

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:43 pm

Dry, Wet and Underwater Electrical Scarring subtopic: SO

I thought it would be fun to just be honest. Any way it was over ten years ago.

But hey ho, that is the way things go in the comment section (:
~Homer

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:21 pm

Dry, Wet, and Underwater Electrical Scarring subtopic: Suspicious Observers

Another very serious disagreement I had with SO was his app which attempted to predict earthquakes.

He was using some kind of calcs and algorithm which allowed the app to "forecast" the most likely region for an earthquake, along with a risk/likelihood of an event in that region relative to other regions.

As vehemently as I disagreed with this app and this approach, I began to feel that at least his heart was in the right place: we are each deeply devoted to applying the science of the electric universe to the world around us. It's just he's wrong about detecting earthquakes in that way.
~Homer

jackokie

Unread post by jackokie » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:31 pm

@Brigit Could you give us a brief description of the theory behind SO's app?
Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once.

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:12 pm

Electrical Scarring subtopic: earthquake prediction

jackokie » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:31 am says,
"@Brigit Could you give us a brief description of the theory behind SO's app?"

Why certainly jackokie, it would be my pleasure.

It will take me a little time, because I was discussing it sometime in 2014, if I recall. I will find the reference and start a new thread on the subject. See you there.
~Homer

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:14 pm

Dry, Wet and Underwater Electrical Scarring subtopic: earthquake prediction, earthquake prediction app

Here is a new topic on Planetary Science regarding earthquake prediction.
https://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum3/ph ... ?f=4&t=793

It answers Jackokie's question about SOs earthquake prediction app.

It works by updating solar activity daily, and then apportioning the risk of a tremor
in earthquake prone regions of the globe.
~Homer

jackokie

Unread post by jackokie » Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:35 pm

Thank you, @Brigit. My career and livelihood have been as a systems developer, with a great deal of that being what used to be called "systems analysis". A lot of that entailed interviews with client employees at varying levels of responsibility and scope in order to gain an understanding of current operations and issues, i.e., basically melding each person's fantasy of what was going on into a useful picture. ;) Having looked at the Electric Universe model, and benefitted from the accumulated knowledge of the commentariat here, I'm convinced there is a solar system web analogous to the galactic web that accounts for a great deal of the phenomena we see. If there is a Birkeland current between the Earth and the sun (and that no longer seems deniable), then that current is likely the source of the electrical phenomena we experience (with such a ready source of electricity there is no need to invent another):
Auroras
Sprites and Elves
Lightening
Telluric currents

The recent Betelguese "supernova" clearly shows how variable the current in the galactic web can be. We should expect similar variability in the solar system, such that our Birkeland current could deliver sufficient energy for planetary scarring via Electric Arc Machining - no close encounters of planetary bodies required. The speculation that Micah describes such events is plausible; people frame their stories with familiar concepts. Below are links to two articles that relate to your inquiry:

https://www.usgs.gov/programs/earthquak ... companions

http://www.actforlibraries.org/undergro ... ic-events/

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:52 pm

Earth's electrical scars subtopic: earthquakes, earthquake prediction

Thank you for those wonderful links, jackokie. Very good reading. Yes, earthquakes and volcanoes are caused by underground lightning and are related to solar activity.

If you have increasing solar activity, such as increased sunspots, CMEs and solar flares, there is a greater chance that all of that will cause earthquakes because it causes geomagnetic storms, which in turn can cause underground electrical currents. Your first link addressed that. And that is just one element of the electrical connection between the sun and earth; as you point out, there are polar connections between the planets and the sun, identified around here as Birkland currents, but also known as magnetic flux ropes.

So what was and still is my problem with this earthquake prediction app based on solar activity?

I had much higher hopes for applying the science of the electric universe to geophysics than just calculating risk in general areas.

I believe that the only way to predict earthquakes, if you follow the published materials of the electric universe, is through instrumental observations. The most important network would be infrasound sensors, but there are other earthquake precursors that are detectable as well, which, together with the infrasound, would tell you where currents and electrical charges are building up to an event.

We also have van Allen belts which store charged particles in toroids around the planet, and if those are whacked by an incoming charged object, a solar flare, or by a certain frequency, that can 1. create additional van Allen belts, and 2. release tremendous electrical charges in the near earth environment in various ways.
Lots of paths for those electrical currents to take from the van Allen belts.

At the time I felt perhaps slightly bitter because I am sick to death of my soul because of these modelers calculating risk and calling it science. But like I said, I think SO's heart was in the right place so I just commented on Tallbloke's a couple of times on the subject and let it go.
~Homer

jackokie

Unread post by jackokie » Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:08 am

@Brigit Here is an article from the Science Alert website from yesterday (originally published in Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth) that hints that consensus science is starting to pay attention to the electrical activity around earthquakes. Titled "California Quakes Mysteriously Preceded by Shifts in Earth's Magnetic Field", the authors report: "Applying machine learning to ground-based measurements of local magnetic changes in the lead-up to a number of significant earthquakes across California between 2005 and 2019, the researchers found signs of a pattern that demands further study." Of course, they're still focused on magnetism rather than electricity, but it's a start.

Maol

Unread post by Maol » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:53 pm

jackokie wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:08 am @Brigit Here is an article from the Science Alert website from yesterday (originally published in Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth) that hints that consensus science is starting to pay attention to the electrical activity around earthquakes. Titled "California Quakes Mysteriously Preceded by Shifts in Earth's Magnetic Field", the authors report: "Applying machine learning to ground-based measurements of local magnetic changes in the lead-up to a number of significant earthquakes across California between 2005 and 2019, the researchers found signs of a pattern that demands further study." Of course, they're still focused on magnetism rather than electricity, but it's a start.
I think the interaction of Earth's magnetic field with fluctuating solar wind E/M forces, CMEs, etc, affect the planet like a piezoelectric transducer.