Worlds in Collision - phys.org

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.
JP Michael

Worlds in Collision - phys.org

Unread post by JP Michael » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:16 am

I couldnt help but notice this article on Phys.org today.

Let me summarise. Ahem.

Some time ago astronomers noticed a glowing orb near Formalhault B. What they thought was an exoplanet has since vanished into thin air, therefore they concluded it was an echo of a distant interplanetary collision. Both planets annihilated one another as a result of this epic heavenly battle, and we were fortunate enough to catch a glimpse of the aftermath.

So let me get this straight: its perfectly acceptable for modern astrophysics to believe that one planet can destroy another, as long as it happens in a star system far far away where no independent verification is possible, but when Mr. V supposed in 1950 that the same thing has happened in our immediate stellar backyard and the specific planetary actors are accounted for worldwide by means of human eyewitness testimony in the form of myth and ancient religion, that is not allowed?

To say I am astounded at the hypocrisy is an understatement.

paladin17

Re: Worlds in Collision - phys.org

Unread post by paladin17 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:29 pm

A very interesting observation.

Poppa Tom

Unread post by Poppa Tom » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:28 am

Sooooo....what do you think it is? You're guess is as good as his. What do you think did that? :o
I would be very interested in hearing it..

JP Michael

Unread post by JP Michael » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:10 am

Poppa Tom wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:28 am Sooooo....what do you think it is? You're guess is as good as his. What do you think did that? :o
I would be very interested in hearing it..
I would hypothesise that the planet (or comet or star or whatever the pin-point of light really is) had a bright glow-mode plasmasphere at the time of the first observation. Due to whatever local changes in Formalhault B, the plasmasphere's glow has expanded, calmed and dimmed over the years. There was no planetary destruction in this case; it is a case of scientists who don't have an understanding off common glow-plasma phenomenon.

Poppa Tom

Unread post by Poppa Tom » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:32 am

Just a small extrapolation, does that mean it may or should brighten again? Cycling maybe? We'll have to wait...I wonder how long? Thank you.

Poppa Tom

Unread post by Poppa Tom » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:36 am

Just a small extrapolation, does that mean it may or should brighten again? Cycling maybe? We'll have to wait...I wonder how long? Thank you. It would definitely prove you right.

JP Michael

Unread post by JP Michael » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:17 am

Poppa Tom wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:36 am does that mean it may or should brighten again? Cycling maybe? We'll have to wait...I wonder how long? Thank you.
Certainly a possibility. It depends entirely on local conditions. The same thing goes for our sun.

Ben Davidson calls this kind of event the micronova. You can find out more about it here:
(77 mins) Earth Catastrophe
(5 mins) Micronova & Magnetic Reversal
(5 mins) Solar Superstorms: Superflare vs Micronova

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:16 pm

DWARF NOVA SUPERCOOLING

Referring to a Phys.org article, JP said astrophysicists are allowed to "believe that one planet can destroy another, as long as it happens in a star system far far away where no independent verification is possible...." Actually, it talks about asteroids rather than planets, but almost the same difference, I guess. The video caption in the article does mention planets too. Here are some excerpts.

Astronomers discover planet that never was
https://phys.org/news/2020-04-astronomers-planet.html
_Fomalhaut b, was first announced in 2008, based on data from 2004 and 2006. It was clearly visible in several years of Hubble observations, which revealed it was a moving dot.
_however, puzzles arose
_The object was bright in visible light — highly unusual for an exoplanet, which is simply too small to reflect enough light from its host star to be seen from Earth. At the same time, it did not have any detectable infrared heat signature - ... as a planet should be warm enough to shine in the infrared
_images showed the object to continuously fade over time
_Equally confounding is that the team reports that the object is more likely on an escape path, rather than on an elliptical orbit
_Because Fomalhaut b is presently inside a vast ring of icy debris encircling the star Fomalhaut, colliding bodies would likely be a mixture of ice and dust, like the comets that exist in the Kuiper belt on the outer fringe of our solar system. Gaspar and Rieke estimate that each of these comet-like bodies measured about 125 miles across, roughly half the size of the asteroid Vesta.
That article also has a video of a Hubble image of Fomalhaut and the ring around it, which might be about the distance of Saturn's orbit from the star, and a simulation of the collision based on a series of Hubble images.

JP also referenced the following video, for which I've transcribed some excerpts.

Solar Superstorms | Superflare vs Micronova [Part 2]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz2PDBqRmq0
_Before the ultimate demise of the Sun, the maximum events on our star are the superflare and the micronova. ... We're talking about something ... a bit bigger than a dwarf nova [like with proto-Saturn?]. ... The primary one-two punch of this event is the flash of the eruption and then the shell of material accumulated in the corona and upper chromosphere. ... With this event, which we believe to be on an approximately 12,000 year cycle, we get the cold and also the only explanation for the totality of evidence of a geophysical nature, especially the rapid deposition of so much snow and ice during that rapid cooling. As Randall Carlson mentioned in our full movie on this topic, the conundrum is how do you evaporate nearly twice the amount of water, which takes heat, and then rapidly freeze it all to create the cold event. Well, the flash of the micronova brings the initial heat, but then the dust brings the cold. In the upper atmosphere and around the Sun and likely throughout the inner system, we would see a tremendous dust pollution. We have in-depth examinations of what triggers the micronova on the Sun. There are actually two that would directly apply in a cyclical fashion.... But superflares are ... different.... They are actually from sunspots and not full-sphere ejection nova(s). More recent, regular and smaller novas are already known to increase air temperatures with their direct forcing up to multiple degrees in a matter of hours during the biggest events, where the irradiance and particle forcing, joule heating, begin to take over. [In 2003 solar storms caused about a 3 degree rise in temperature. The 1859 solar storm produced a 7 degree spike in temperature on the day-side of the planet.]. ... And when it's over, after the flash and barrage of electromagnetic radiation, there is no dust, no particles left over, clouding the atmosphere and the inner system. This is why flares heat and nova(s) can cool, provided that they're not big enough to completely destroy the planet. ...
COMMENTS
The collision of two icy asteroids seems plausible to me. Ionization seems likely to amplify the images of the explosion.

I got interested in this thread because of the Solar Superstorms video. I've been discussing the effects of a former proto-Saturn nova in my thread on Creationism, Myths & Catastrophism.

The last Saturn nova appears to have been about 4,200 years ago, the time of the Younger Dryas event. Cardona found that it likely caused a global conflagration followed by rapid freezing, at least in the Arctic.

If Saturn were formerly above the North Pole at about the distance that the Moon is now from the equator, according to the video, a dwarf nova from Saturn would first produce heat and then dust and the dust would cause cooling.

But I think a blast of dust and water and gases from Saturn would supercool the material in the vacuum of space before it all hit our atmosphere and fell to Earth.

Permafrost in Siberia is nearly a mile deep at the deepest point and loess (wind-blown silt) is the main ingredient in the frozen sediments, I think. The loess and other material was likely hit by the supercold dwarf nova blast in major wind storms.

Some mammoths and other mammals and some streams with fish in them show signs of having been flash-frozen too, possibly down to minus 175 degrees Fahrenheit. A dwarf nova blast wave seems to be the best candidate for what did it. Si?

Poppa Tom

Unread post by Poppa Tom » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:00 am

JP Michael wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:17 am
Poppa Tom wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:36 am does that mean it may or should brighten again? Cycling maybe? We'll have to wait...I wonder how long? Thank you.
Certainly a possibility. It depends entirely on local conditions. The same thing goes for our sun.

Ben Davidson calls this kind of event the micronova. You can find out more about it here:
(77 mins) Earth Catastrophe
(5 mins) Micronova & Magnetic Reversal
(5 mins) Solar Superstorms: Superflare vs Micronova
Thank You very much. Love Suspicious O.