Cheap Infrasound Detection for Electrical Phenomenon

Historic planetary instability and catastrophe. Evidence for electrical scarring on planets and moons. Electrical events in today's solar system. Electric Earth.
Brigit

Cheap Infrasound Detection for Electrical Phenomenon

Unread post by Brigit » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:45 am

Infrasound is defined as sound at frequencies less than 20 Hz.

Many natural events that generate infrasound are electrical, such as aurorae, lightning, and upper atmospheric lightning. Other sources of infrasound, which would also be considered electrical in Electric Universe Planetary Science, are earthquakes, volcanoes, bolides, and severe weather. "Tornadoes can be detected several minutes before they touch down." Still other sources of infrasound are ocean surf, avalanches, waterfalls, and icebergs.

I found this interesting bit on Wikipedia:
NASA Langley has designed and developed an infrasonic detection system that can be used to make useful infrasound measurements at a location where it was not possible previously. The system comprises an electret condenser microphone PCB Model 377M06, having a 3-inch membrane diameter, and a small, compact windscreen.[65] Electret-based technology offers the lowest possible background noise, because Johnson noise generated in the supporting electronics (preamplifier) is minimized.[65]
The microphone features a high membrane compliance with a large backchamber volume, a prepolarized backplane and a high impedance preamplifier located inside the backchamber. The windscreen, based on the high transmission coefficient of infrasound through matter, is made of a material having a low acoustic impedance and has a sufficiently thick wall to ensure structural stability.[66] Close-cell polyurethane foam has been found to serve the purpose well. In the proposed test, test parameters will be sensitivity, background noise, signal fidelity (harmonic distortion), and temporal stability.
The microphone design differs from that of a conventional audio system in that the peculiar features of infrasound are taken into account. First, infrasound propagates over vast distances through the Earth's atmosphere as a result of very low atmospheric absorption and of refractive ducting that enables propagation by way of multiple bounces between the Earth's surface and the stratosphere. A second property that has received little attention is the great penetration capability of infrasound through solid matter – a property utilized in the design and fabrication of the system windscreens.[66]
Thus the system fulfills several instrumentation requirements advantageous to the application of acoustics: (1) a low-frequency microphone with especially low background noise, which enables detection of low-level signals within a low-frequency passband; (2) a small, compact windscreen that permits (3) rapid deployment of a microphone array in the field. The system also features a data acquisition system that permits real time detection, bearing, and signature of a low-frequency source.[66]
“Oh for shame, how these mortals put the blame upon us gods, for they say evils come from us, when it is they rather who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given…”
~Homer

Cargo

Re: Cheap Infrasound Detection for Electrical Phenomenon

Unread post by Cargo » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:39 am

Because I had to lookup 'electret'. Emphasis mine.
An electret microphone is a type of electrostatic capacitor-based microphone, which eliminates the need for a polarizing power supply by using a permanently charged material.

An electret is a stable dielectric material with a permanently embedded static electric dipole moment (which, due to the high resistance and chemical stability of the material, will not decay for hundreds of years). The name comes from electrostatic and magnet; drawing analogy to the formation of a magnet by alignment of magnetic domains in a piece of iron. Electrets are commonly made by first melting a suitable dielectric material such as a plastic or wax that contains polar molecules, and then allowing it to re-solidify in a powerful electrostatic field. The polar molecules of the dielectric align themselves to the direction of the electrostatic field, producing a permanent electrostatic "bias". Modern electret microphones use PTFE plastic, either in film or solute form, to form the electret.
I don't think there is anything 'audio' or 'sound' about this. Just like the Solar Wind is not a 'wind' at all.
interstellar filaments conducted electricity having currents as high as 10 thousand billion amperes
"You know not what. .. Perhaps you no longer trust your feelings,." Michael Clarage
"Charge separation prevents the collapse of stars." Wal Thornhill

Osmosis

Unread post by Osmosis » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:45 pm

I wonder if the so-called gravity waves, detected by Lofar are really the aforementioned infra sound emissions?

Osmosis :roll:

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:47 pm

by Cargo » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:39 pm
Because I had to lookup 'electret'. Emphasis mine....I don't think there is anything 'audio' or 'sound' about this. Just like the Solar Wind is not a 'wind' at all.
The electrets are little transducers and they do pick up sound and convert it to electric signals;

but I have wondered if 1-20 Hz sound frequencies and 1-20 Hz radio waves could actually have some overlap in the case of these powerful natural electrical sources of infrasound -- lighting, earthquakes, volcanoes, storms, bolides, etc..

Before I get referred to a physics text book for a lesson, I did find this, in the patent for the infrasound electret microphones:

BRIEF SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION
The object of the present invention is to overcome the aforementioned drawbacks of large size and lack of portability and to provide an extremely low frequency (ELF) microphone and acoustic measurement system capable of infrasound detection in a portable and easily deployable form.

The electret is picking up both sound and ELF at those frequencies. (: ha.
“Oh for shame, how these mortals put the blame upon us gods, for they say evils come from us, when it is they rather who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given…”
~Homer

Xen67

Unread post by Xen67 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:57 pm

Here is some interesting information on electrets I found on the interweb a while back. The site it comes from has some pretty way out ideas, but this particluar thread is seems to have some relevant information for this subject

Also electrets in general, due to their low current high voltage nature, and stable polarisation, seem to have a lot in common with an electric universe model

I can't help but wonder if that explains why it's so hard to buy them (as discussed in the thread)

https://www.stolenhistory.org/threads/t ... ower.1871/