Finding what you weren’t looking for …

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.
BeAChooser

Finding what you weren’t looking for …

Unread post by BeAChooser » Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:54 pm

https://in.mashable.com/science/48196/d ... -explosion
Dark Energy Camera Captures Alluring View Of Remnants Of An 1800-Year-Old Supernova Explosion

... snip rather boring image ...

Have you ever been in the situation where you were looking for something specific and ended up finding something else? An example of that is the picture you're looking at now. An old supernova explosion has been revealed in a new image captured by a camera intended to investigate dark matter.
That happens to me alll the time. But the folks who are desperately looking for dark matter seem to do even more often.
The strange cloud, also known as object RCW 86 to scientists, is said to be the most prominent feature that attracted their attention. It is thought to be the remnants of a star that erupted more than 1,800 years ago.

The supernova, which is now referred to as SN 185, was discovered in the year 185 AD. Astronomers anticipate that this fresh perspective on the object will enable them to better understand the puzzling mechanics that underpinned the long-ago detonation that gave rise to it.
The article goes on to say that “now we know” the supernova occurred 8000 years ago. I say, who cares? How is that knowledge go to change any of our lives in a positive way? It’s not like they report having learned anything else or that this observation really is going to help them understand the mechanics underpinning the detonation like they suggest.

I suggest, instead, that if they haven’t figured out what causes supernovas by now, from the other hundreds or thousands (?) of super nova they already know about already, this additional observation probably isn’t going to make a difference. I suggest that what they are really trying to do is make us forget that they have NOT discovered dark matter, which is what taxpayers gave them $40 million a decade ago to do. I suggest they want us to forget that they FAILED AGAIN.