When Physicists DON'T Focus Their Lives On DM

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.
Maol

Re: When Physicists DON'T Focus Their Lives On DM

Unread post by Maol » Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:28 pm

mcfc16 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:14 pm
jacmac wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:40 pm Therefore, I caution against saying Ulysses was OVER the solar poles.
It certainly was way above the sun but not really In the plasma stream directly above the poles.
I am only suggesting that as good as Ulysses was there might be plasma conditions more directly over the poles
very different from what Ulysses detected.
Why would it be different over the poles? We study the plasma and fields at the poles from Earth, and possibly from orbit. It is all heading outward. Were it not, it would be very obvious. We don't need to wait for an eclipse. You fit one of those whatsits, whose name escapes me, to the telescope, which blocks out the light from the disc.
No, it is not "all heading outward". What do you think powers the Aurora?

mcfc16

Unread post by mcfc16 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:35 pm

Maol wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:28 pm
Yes it is. What powers the aurorae is the solar wind. Which heads OUT from the Sun. Once it gets into the Earth's magnetosphere interesting things happen, including magnetic reconnection, which sends the electrons from the magnetotail back towards the Earth's poles. However, the solar wind heads outwards from the Sun at all latitudes. As observed. It carries the Sun's magnetic field with it, all the way to the heliopause. And electrons (or ions) are not getting past that field unless they have very high energies.

If you post again. I'll probably leave it until tomorrow to reply. I got told off for posting too much the other day!

jackokie

Unread post by jackokie » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:28 pm

Hi all. Have you noticed that mcfc16 has managed to get people focused on contesting his assertions (which of course can't be neglected) rather than the other topics we've been exploring? @BeAChooser in particular has been prolific in posting an amazing amount of info and helpful links; I have no idea where he finds the time. Folks, Eric Lerner's chutzpah in challenging the BB at IAI.TV a few months ago seems to be paying off; the number of favorable comments to his videos seems to be much larger than on similar topics a year ago, and they seem to be better informed as well. Perhaps that's why mcfc16 (AKA Bob Smith, AKA Plasma Physics 101, AKA ian w) in desperation has moved his Dezinformatsia operation to our site.

I can't guarantee that it will make a difference, but Lerner's willingness to engage deserves more than just our sniping at the BB from here; it deserves support on those comment threads from everyone who supports the EU model. I don't know what Lerner thinks of the EU model, and I don't care if he thinks it's rubbish; support and promotion of the EU model are pointless unless the BB's stranglehold on astrophysics is broken. Please give him your support in the comment threads of his videos by reinforcing the evidence for the BB's failures and helping clarify things when other commenters ask questions you can answer. Please don't leave it to others to do the heavy lifting. The contest of ideas has moved to youtube; let your voice be heard. Thanks.

BTW, in today's DailyMail online there's another popsci article that scales new heights of silliness, in case you're ready for a good laugh.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech ... phere.html
Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once.

Maol

Unread post by Maol » Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:14 pm

mcfc16 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:35 pm
Maol wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:28 pm
Yes it is. What powers the aurorae is the solar wind. Which heads OUT from the Sun. Once it gets into the Earth's magnetosphere interesting things happen, including magnetic reconnection, which sends the electrons from the magnetotail back towards the Earth's poles. However, the solar wind heads outwards from the Sun at all latitudes. As observed. It carries the Sun's magnetic field with it, all the way to the heliopause. And electrons (or ions) are not getting past that field unless they have very high energies.

My bad, I didin't read close enough and took it in the context of the observation of Oxygen flowing outward from Earth's poles, whereas the mass in the solar wind flows into Earth's poles.
If you post again. I'll probably leave it until tomorrow to reply. I got told off for posting too much the other day!
Pure genius there, isn't it. Just what this crabstand needs is less traffic.

ForumModerator

Unread post by ForumModerator » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:49 pm

moderator note:
maol wrote:Pure genius there, isn't it. Just what this crabstand needs is less traffic.
Doesn't that say something about you? You are hanging around a place that you consider to be a "crabstand".
Groucho Marx wrote: 'I'd never join a club that would allow a person like me to become a member.'
The present Rules and Guidelines (see link below) have been in effect on this forum since 2008

Posting Limits prevent the flooding of the forum with an endless amount of posts intended to obfuscate and sabotage the functioning of the boards.
The blatant disregard of a moderator warning will not be tolerated.

Maol

Unread post by Maol » Wed Dec 21, 2022 5:55 pm

ForumModerator wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:49 pm moderator note:
maol wrote:Pure genius there, isn't it. Just what this crabstand needs is less traffic.
Doesn't that say something about you? You are hanging around a place that you consider to be a "crabstand".

I like crab and consider it a delicacy. Semantics or regional lingo perhaps, but living near the ocean a crabstand is a place that isn't always there but when it is you are glad to see it because it is where you get the freshest catch.
Groucho Marx wrote: 'I'd never join a club that would allow a person like me to become a member.'
The present Rules and Guidelines (see link below) have been in effect on this forum since 2008

Posting Limits prevent the flooding of the forum with an endless amount of posts intended to obfuscate and sabotage the functioning of the boards.
The blatant disregard of a moderator warning will not be tolerated.
Are you familiar with Plato's Dialogues and his theory of knowledge?