Farhad Zadeh's Filaments

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.
BeAChooser

Farhad Zadeh's Filaments

Unread post by BeAChooser » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:14 pm

Found this article mentioned by Lloyd over in Major Sci News …

https://phys.org/news/2022-11-milky-mys ... stant.html
The Milky Way's mysterious filaments have 'older, distant cousins'

Northwestern University astrophysicist Farhad Zadeh has been fascinated and puzzled by a family of large-scale, highly organized magnetic filaments dangling in the center of the Milky Way ever since he first discovered them in the early 1980s.
Back in 1980s, Farhad Zadeh was one my favorite astronomers/astrophysicists I remember reading about his discovery and thinking how much the images and description he provided for them tied into the homopolar motor being theorized by plasma cosmologists for the Milky Way.
With a new discovery of similar filaments located in other galaxies, Zadeh and his collaborators have, for the first time, introduced two possible explanations for the filaments' unknown origins. In a new paper, published earlier this month in The Astrophysical Journal Letters, Zadeh and his co-authors propose the filaments might result from an interaction between large-scale wind and clouds or could arise from turbulence inside a weak magnetic field.
Now? Not so favorite now. He’s clearly steeped in the mainstream nonsense of wind and clouds and turbulence to explain anything and everything … rather than having used the years to learn anything about Birkeland currents, double layers, and plasmoids.
"We know a lot about the filaments in our own Galactic Center, and now filaments in outside galaxies are beginning to show up as a new population of extragalactic filaments," Zadeh said. "The underlying physical mechanisms for both populations of filaments are similar despite the vastly different environments. The objects are part of the same family, but the filaments outside the Milky Way are older, distant cousins—and I mean very distant (in time and space) cousins."
It's hard to imagine, but back in the 1980s most mainstream proponents argued against the ubiquity of filaments. Now they see them everywhere they look … although understanding still hasn’t come. They clearly know a lot less about filaments than Zadeh claims.
The first filaments that Zadeh discovered stretched up to 150 light years long, towering near the Milky Way's central supermassive black hole. Earlier this year, Zadeh added nearly 1,000 more filaments to his collection of observations. In that batch, the one-dimensional filaments appear in pairs and clusters, often stacked equally spaced, side by side like strings on a harp or spilling sideways like individual ripples in a waterfall.
Filaments … appearing in pairs, “stacked side by side”. Does that suggest anything to PC/EU proponents? Of course it does and you’d think that after 30-40 years it would tell *scientists* like Zadeh something, too. But no, apparently not.

Notice the description of the filaments in this article doesn’t include helical winding. It’s almost like the mainstream is blind to that oh-so-important phenomena. But as I noted when I reported on Zadeh’s 1000 filaments earlier this year (https://thunderbolts.info/wp/forum3/phpBB3 ... adeh#p6388 ) a lot of those filaments were helically wound. There are none so blind as those in a cult.
Using observations from radio telescopes, Zadeh discovered the mystifying filaments comprise cosmic ray electrons gyrating along a magnetic field at close to the speed of light. Although he is putting together the puzzle of what the filaments are made of, Zadeh still wondered where they came from.
LOL! Sorry but I don’t he's got a ghost of a chance of “putting together the puzzle of what the filaments are made of” because this article doesn’t mention plasma or electromagnetism even once.
The newly discovered filaments reside inside a galaxy cluster, a concentrated tangle of thousands of galaxies located one billion light-years from Earth. Some of the galaxies within the cluster are active radio galaxies, which appear to be breeding grounds for the for formation of large-scale magnetic filaments.
Gosh … you’d think there’d be a clue there. ;)
"After studying filaments in our own Galactic Center for all these years, I was extremely excited to see these tremendously beautiful structures," he said. "Because we found these filaments elsewhere in the universe, it hints that something universal is happening."
You don’t say? Well as Alfven said long ago “If we can extrapolate from the laboratory to the solar system, which is a hundred trillion times larger, then why shouldn’t plasma behave the same way for the entire observable universe, another hundred trillion times larger?” Plasma cosmologists have ALWAYS said that the laws of physics are universal … not changing from one place or time to another, as mainstream astrophysicists now seem to need in order for their model not to simply collapse as the dead weight it is.
Although the new population of filaments looks similar to those in our Milky Way, there are some key differences. The filaments outside the Milky Way, for example, are much bigger—between 100 to 10,000 times longer. They also are much older, and their magnetic fields are weaker. Most of them curiously hang—at a 90-degree angle—from a black hole's jets into the vast nothingness of the intracluster medium, or the space wedged between the galaxies within the cluster.

But the newly discovered population has the same length-to-width ratio as the Milky Way's filaments. And both populations appear to transport energy through the same mechanisms.
Come on, Zadeh … WAKE UP. First of all, how can “turbulence”, wind or gravity possibily explain what you see? Second, the constant length to width ratio of filaments is not unexpected. It was predicted. This was even discussed in Eric Lerner’s book back in the 1980s. Back then, he wrote, “In any plasmas, from laboratory to intergalactic scale, filaments form naturally. Currents moving in the same direction attract each other, and small currents formed by the random motion of the plasma merge and grow into bigger currents. Given enough time, currents and filaments of any magnitude, up to and including supercluster complexes, could form — in fact, must form. Peratt, in creating his computer models, had also hypothesized that galaxies themselves are created by still vaster filaments, which then provide the magnetic fields that drive galaxies to generate currents. Peratt knew from experiments that such filaments were typically ten thousand times longer than they are wide; thus the galactic filaments, one hundred thousand lightyears across, should be about a billion light years long."

That’s just what you noted Zadeh. GET A CLUE.
Closer to the jet, the filaments' electrons are more energetic, but they lose energy as they travel farther down the filament. Although the black hole's jet might provide the seed particles needed to create a filament, something unknown must be accelerating these particles along astonishing lengths.
LOL! “Something unknown”. :roll:
"Some of them have amazing length, up to 200 kiloparsecs," Zadeh said. "That is about four or five times bigger than the size of our entire Milky Way. What's remarkable is that their electrons stay together on such a long scale.
GET A CLUE, Fadah! Or are do you fear that doing that would put an end to your exceeding long career? You might be right to fear that, given the way mainstream science works. They don't tolerate what they call *science deniers*.
In the new paper, Zadeh and his collaborators hypothesize that the filaments' origins could be a simple interaction between galactic wind and an obstacle, such as a cloud. As the wind wraps around the obstacle, it creates a comet-like tail behind it.
LOL! That looks to me like another gnome being created. Zadeh reminds me of of those blind men stumbling around the outside of an elephant, imagining trees and snakes. Sad but true.
"Wind comes from the motion of the galaxy itself as it rotates," Zadeh explained. "It's like when you stick your hand out of a window from a moving car. There's no wind outside, but you feel the air moving. When the galaxy moves, it creates wind that could be pushing through places where the cosmic ray particles are fairly loose. It sweeps the material and creates a filamentary structure. "
I feel like crying and wonder why we continue to fund this nonsense. Maybe it’s time to just shut it all down. Afterall, what possible benefit to society does this garbage have?
Simulations, however, offer another viable possibility.
Simulations are half the problem in astrophysics. Simulations that are tweaked, just like the universe, to match observations, without real understanding. Let me illustrate. Does the simulation tool you use, Zadeh, account for currents in plasmas and the formation of magnetic fields as a result of those currents? I’ll bet the answer is no. In which case, Garbage in, Garbage out.
When researchers simulated an active, turbulent medium, long, filamentary structures materialized. As radio galaxies move around, Zadeh explained, gravity can affect the medium and stir it. The medium then forms spots of swirling eddies. After the weak magnetic field wraps around these eddies, it can get stretched, folded and amplified—eventually becoming elongated filaments with strong magnetic field.
Yep. I’ll bet anyone here that the simulation tool of the researchers doesn’t properly account for plasmas, currents and the electromagnetic fields produced by them. And just to prove it, Zadeh makes the classic mistake … thinking a magnetic field is a thing in and of itself.
"All of these filaments outside our galaxy are very old," he said. "They are almost from a different era of our universe and yet signaling the Milky Way inhabitants that a common origin exists for the formation of the filaments. I think this is remarkable."
I can’t disagree with that, but I suspect the filaments are far older than you Big Bang Cultists think they are, Professor Zadeh. Just saying .