Dark Matter Astrophysicist Kerstin Perez

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.
BeAChooser

Dark Matter Astrophysicist Kerstin Perez

Unread post by BeAChooser » Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:36 am

https://news.columbia.edu/news/professo ... ergraduate
Kerstin Perez joined Columbia from MIT this summer, and is using cutting-edge techniques to identify the particle nature of dark matter.

… snip …

Columbia News caught up with Perez to discuss dark matter, her next Antarctic research project, and how science needs to change in the wake of the pandemic.

… snip …

How do we know it exists?

Essentially, if you look at a galaxy, and you count up all the visible matter, and you see how fast it's spinning around, the observable matter is not enough matter to hold it together, so there must be something else, and that something else is what we call dark matter. 
Show me an astrophysicist who says we know DM exists because of how fast galaxies are spinning and I’ll show you an astrophysicist who apparently never really studied electromagnetism’s effects on plasma and who unaware of the work of Anthony Peratt.

She’s working on the GAPS experiment which is looking for one possible form of DM … low energy anti-nuclei.
What happens if the experiment does not observe any anti-deuterons?

…. snip … so fundamentally, we have to be happy with our jobs being to tell theorists that they're wrong, and to say go back to the drawing board, come up with some more ideas of what dark matter could be, because it's not this. That's where we are right now. We're all planning to find it. We're all hoping to find it. But fundamentally, a lot of our measurements are checking things off the list, like, “no, no, no, no, no, not this."
It seems to me she’s saying … DM's unfalsifiable.