The Mind Blowing Amount Of Black Holes In The Universe

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.
BeAChooser

Unread post by BeAChooser » Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:09 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technolo ... r-AA11GdDK

… snip …

In a paper published in The Astrophysical Journal, a group of researchers from Italy and the UK used a simulation called SEVN, or Stellar EVolution N-body code, to estimate the amount of mass in galaxies made up of stars. By using data about the rate of star formation and the composition of the space between galaxies, called the interstellar medium, the group calculated how much of the mass of galaxies could be explained by these factors. From this, they could work out how much mass is "hidden" in black holes.

The research suggests that black holes could be responsible for a large chunk of the mass of galaxies, with around 1% of the mass of ordinary matter being found in black holes. That would mean the universe would host an enormous number of black holes — around 40 billion billions, or 40 followed by 18 zeroes in total.
Shouldn’t a result like that give them pause … make them question if all their assumptions are right? Especially since an expert in black holes, Allison Kirkpatrick, just told Nature.com that due to the JWST results “Right now I find myself lying awake at three in the morning, wondering if everything I’ve ever done is wrong.” Just saying ...

BeAChooser

Re: The Mind Blowing Amount Of Black Holes In The Universe

Unread post by BeAChooser » Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:35 pm

Speaking of which, here’s how absolutely NUTS one mainstream astrophysicist and *science communicator* (don't forget that part) has become …

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technolo ... r-AA11FIPv
Could There Be a Black Hole Lurking on the Edge of the Solar System?

… snip …

They are thought to be incredibly common, scattered around the galaxy, perhaps even closer than we think.

"They're just these like prisons for light matter and everything," astrophysicist and science communicator Dr. Becky Smethurst, told Newsweek.

… snip …

According to Smethurst, there may be black holes roaming around the universe, with one lurking even in the outskirts of our solar system.

… snip …

"it's fun to think that the solar system could have its own little pet black holes."
The possibility of “little pet black holes” in our solar system is "fun" to think about? I call that NUTS.

By the way, Becky is one of the mainstream astrophysicists/*science communicators* who attacked Lerner, going so far as to call his views about cosmology “pseudo-science” (https://twitter.com/drbecky_/status/1561721628643524611). Well, my response to Becky is that perhaps it’s her views about black holes that are “complete tosh”, as she would say? After all, another black hole expert just admitted that JWST result have her “lying awake at three in the morning, wondering if everything” she “ever did is wrong.” So maybe Becky been so busy being a *science communicator*, posting witty videos and entertaining the gullible masses, that she hasn't really taken the time to contemplate the implications of JWST results to her own specialty. Just saying …