And the gnomes go on, and the gnomes go on …

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.
BeAChooser

And the gnomes go on, and the gnomes go on …

Unread post by BeAChooser » Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:12 am

https://arstechnica.com/science/2022/01 ... ul-sutter/
Missing mass? Not on our watch—Dr. Paul Sutter explains dark matter

Greetings, Arsians! We have something special for you today: the premiere of a new science series we're creating, called Edge of Knowledge. We've recruited physicist and author Dr. Paul Sutter (Google Scholar link) to be our host and guide on an eight-episode romp through the mysteries of the cosmos, touching on topics that we at Ars find fascinating. This means we'll have episodes on black holes, the future of climate change, the origins of life, and, one of my favorite topics for our premiere: dark matter.
See if you count the same number of claims by *Dr* Sutter that are stated as proven fact …

… when they are anything but …
empty space isn't empty at all. It's absolutely chock full of all kinds of stuff we don't have a solid understanding of—stuff so weird that we have a difficult time even looking at it to try to learn about it. In fact, if scientists are doing their math right (BAC — that’s no small IF), it turns out that there's so much of this weird stuff that what we think of as the "normal" stuff in the Universe—things like protons and neutrons and electrons that make up all of the observable matter in the Universe—account for only a tiny fraction of the Universe's overall mass.
That’s one.
We call some of this weird stuff "dark matter," because it's difficult-to-impossible to measure or observe. Despite its invisibility, it is truly ubiquitous—as Paul explains in the video, there's dark matter everywhere. There's dark matter streaming through your body right now.
That’s two.
I say dark matter is stubbornly unwilling to interact with "normal" matter in almost any meaningful way, but it turns out that there is one very important way in which dark matter does interact with us, and that's through gravity. Dark matter exerts gravity proportional to its mass, just like "normal" matter, and this is what led to its initial discovery.
That’s three.

Now I didn’t bother actually watching Mr Sutter’s propaganda film. I just looked over the transcript linked on the above webpage. And you know what? The final conclusion is that we know so little about dark matter that dark matter is STILL (after 50 years and uncounted billions of dollars spent looking) a complete mystery “on the edge of knowledge”. In short, all the time and money spent by the astrophysics community the past 50 years looking for it has basically been … well … wasted.

Plus, in addition, I discovered that the transcript doesn’t mention the word “plasma” ... you know, the stuff that comprises 99.9999% of the *real* matter … even once. And it doesn’t contain the phrase “electr” (in other words, electric, electromagnetic, electromagnetism, etc) either. Not even once. Thus, it doesn’t address the concerns, questions, criticisms brought up by the Plasma Cosmology / Electric Universe community. We are simply ignored. It’s as if we don’t exist … other than through the gravity that our bodies add to the universe. In short … by *Dr* Sutter’s definition … we are Dark Matter. "[gentle anticipatory music]". ;)

jackokie

Re: And the gnomes go on, and the gnomes go on …

Unread post by jackokie » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:33 pm

WHO KNEW? BLACK HOLES HAVE A GOLDILOCKS ZONE.

@BeAChooser I'm going to post this here, but the gnomes are coming at us so fast I'm thinking a separate thread dedicated to a Gnome Rogues Gallery might be needed.

An article in todays UK Daily Mail is headlined "Not too big and not too small! Astronomers discover a rare 'missing link' black hole in the Milky Way's closest large galactic neighbour". I was going to include some excerpts but basically it's the same-old same-old and I just don't have the stomach for it right now.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech ... other.html
Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once.