The chromosphere is a spherical Double Layer

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.
jacmac

The chromosphere is a spherical Double Layer

Unread post by jacmac » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:57 pm

In his latest video discussing the Parker solar probe(Dec 18, 2021) Dr. Scott describes the double layer above the photosphere.
He presents ( about 10:10 into the video) the voltage - distance graphs, he has given us previously, which show the double layer
just above the photosphere. He does NOT say the CHROMOSPHERE is a double layer.
Why is this left out ?
This is not said directly in his Book or other video's either.
It is not said by Wal Thornhill in his talks either.

I have been pointing this out in other posts.
I believe it is an unfortunate omission.
WE (EU) need to focus on and discuss the implications of the
chromosphere being a spherical double layer (DL) right in the middle of the
structure of the solar atmosphere.

The solar plasma does this. Why, how, to what effect ???
This gets right into the nature of why plasma is called plasma;
its self organizing abilities.

Jack

BeAChooser

Re: The chromosphere is a spherical Double Layer

Unread post by BeAChooser » Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:25 pm

jacmac wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:57 pm In his latest video discussing the Parker solar probe(Dec 18, 2021) Dr. Scott describes the double layer above the photosphere.
He presents ( about 10:10 into the video) the voltage - distance graphs, he has given us previously, which show the double layer
Why is this left out ?
If he’s dropped this, it’s curious, because in 2012, in a rebuttal to T Bridgman’s criticism of his book, The Electric Sky, Dr Scott wrote “I suggested that fusion reactions might be occur[r]ing in the z-pinch regions of the double layer that is probably present above the photospheric surface.” I agree with you that double layers and exploding double layers are key components of the EU/plasma model of what's out there and this should hammered home at every opportunity because I think most mainstream educated astrophysicists don't have a clue what double layers are ... which is why they continue to rely on gnomes stacked on gnomes stacked on gnomes. And why mainstream fusion research has been floundering for decades and decades.

Michael Mozina

Unread post by Michael Mozina » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:34 pm

jacmac wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:57 pm In his latest video discussing the Parker solar probe(Dec 18, 2021) Dr. Scott describes the double layer above the photosphere.
Why is this left out ?
It is not said by Wal Thornhill in his talks either.

I have been pointing this out in other posts.
I believe it is an unfortunate omission.
WE (EU) need to focus on and discuss the implications of the
chromosphere being a spherical double layer (DL) right in the middle of the
structure of the solar atmosphere.

The solar plasma does this. Why, how, to what effect ???
This gets right into the nature of why plasma is called plasma;
its self organizing abilities.

Jack
I would argue that the sun has *numerous* spherical double layers, including the photosphere, the chromosphere, and the corona, and they are all mass separated by weight. Even the light hydrogen corona is a DL that experiences the discharge through the entire solar system which ends at the heliosphere. They form due to the charge separation between the solar surface (underneath of the photosphere) and the heliosphere.

jacmac

Unread post by jacmac » Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:01 am

Thanks for both responses.
Dr. Scott puts a double layer of voltage squarely inside the chromosphere
which separates the plasma of the photosphere from the corona.
There might be more double layers out past the chromosphere but, if so, they are
not visible and/or not as primary as the chromosphere.

Not only does plasma create double layers but it seems to like to collect around solid bodies in space.
An example (s) I find very compelling are globular clusters of stars.
These seem quite different than stars along filaments formed in z pinches.

Well, enough for now,
Happy holidays.

nick c

Unread post by nick c » Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:02 pm

Dr. Scott puts a double layer of voltage squarely inside the chromosphere
Yes. In THE ELECTRIC SKY, on p.105 Scott wrote:
Whatever nuclear fusion is taking place on the Sun is likely occurring in the double layer (DL) above the top of the photosphere...
That would place the DL in the chromosphere which is the layer above the photopshere.

jacmac

Unread post by jacmac » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:30 am

Thank you Nick.
Yes, Dr Scott places the double layer (DL) "above the top of the photosphere"
in the context of discussing where fusion might be happening...."not deep within the sun's core".
And on page 91, in the context of discussing the voltage chart of the cross section of the sun, on the previous page,
he states....
"The high-voltage plasma in the photosphere is separated from the low-voltage plasma
of the lower corona by the chromosphere...........This chromospheric layer is approximately
2000 km wide (high). It contains a plasma double layer (DL)".

I'm trying to bring MORE EMPHASIS to this by saying THE CHROMOSPHERE... IS... A DOUBLE LAYER.

On page 74 he says:
"Irving Langmuir discovered that one of the most important properties of plasma is its ability
to isolate one section of itself from another.......
also,
....Plasmas have an almost magical ability to isolate themselves from foreign intruders.

So, what am I going on about ???
The sun is doing the first, not the second.
The DL separates two parts of the plasma. Yes, but.
The photosphere is not isolated from the inner sun (foreign body--no).

The plasma is using its double layer ability and its three part structure to ANCHOR ITSELF to whatever is within the sun.
The plasma, being LIFE LIKE, can organize itself into being a sun.

I think this "MOST IMPORTANT PROPERTY OF PLASMA" has been almost forgotten by the EU community at large.
There is mostly emphasis on an electric circuit and the DISCHARGE of the sun , and not enough on the suns life like ability
to collect itself around a suitable object, organize a structure that can self regulate,
and light up the heavens.