NASA REVEALS DARK SECRETS OF THE SUN DURING TOTAL SOLAR ECLIPSE

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.
BeAChooser

Unread post by BeAChooser » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:22 pm

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/nasa-dark ... ar-eclipse

When the Sun goes dark, there is one part of it that shines brighter than everything else — the corona. The outer atmosphere of our star has literally shed light on many mysteries and continues to hide many more in plain sight.

… snip …

Benjamin Boe, a researcher on Habbal’s team who coauthored a study recently published in Astrophysical Journal Letters, found several unexpected things in 14 years’ worth of hi-res solar eclipse images.

The most surprising thing to me is the number of fine-scale structures that we have been able to see in the corona,” Boe tells SYFY WIRE. “These hint that much of the corona is not closed, but actually open magnetic field lines which extend into space. Our work points to missing components and incorrect assumptions in the models that need to be addressed.”

Most previous models assumed that the majority of field lines around the sun are closed. Because the sun is essentially a gigantic orb of plasma floating in space, it behaves like any other gas.

Hmmmmmm. "open magnetic field lines which extend into space". What's that suggest to you folks? Seriously, mainstream astrophysicists and their media sycophants are just stuck on stupid. Look at what’s claimed in the last line of the above … that because the sun is a plasma, it behaves like "any other gas". What utter nonsense. Plasmas are made of charged particles so therefore plasmas can do things gases cannot do, like conduct electricity. And since moving charges make magnetic fields, plasmas also can have them. Plus, in ordinary gas, all the particles behave roughly the same way. Not so plasmas, especially in an electric or magnetic field. A magnetic field, for example, can create avery fast moving particles, like a jet, for example. And particles in a plasma can interact via electromagnetism, and do so at far greater distances than an ordinary gas. That means waves are more important in plasmas than gases. One such wave is an Alfvén wave for which there's no real analogue ordinary gases. In fact, Alfvén waves may explain why the temperature of the solar corona – a plasma – is millions of degrees, while on the surface, it is only thousands.  Another characteristic of plasmas is that they can be held in place by magnetic fields. And since we now know that magnetic fields are ubiquitous in space, the notion that solar plasmas behave like any any other gas is so utterly ridiculous we can only wonder where this article got such an idiotic idea. Probably a mainstream astrophysicist.

paladin17

Re: NASA REVEALS DARK SECRETS OF THE SUN DURING TOTAL SOLAR ECLIPSE

Unread post by paladin17 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:25 pm

BeAChooser wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:22 pm Hmmmmmm. "open magnetic field lines which extend into space".
Propose an alternative model, please. Maybe even describe a coronal hole with it.

BeAChooser

Unread post by BeAChooser » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:40 pm

paladin17 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:25 pm Propose an alternative model, please.
I'm no astrophysicist but that doesn't mean I can't I see garbage in the mainstream's model. People that can write such silliness as "plasma behaves like any other gas" have no business whatsoever writing about, much less researching, how the universe works. And I couldn't help but notice you completely ignored my point on the other thread that 99.99% of research funding is being spent on gnomes ... like dark matter and dark energy ... that have absolutely nothing to do with what appears to be your only concern. It's almost as if you are trying to support that 99.99% of funding by using your insistence that we must have a well defined alternative to the mainstream's models in order to criticize it. Is that's what's going on here?

paladin17

Unread post by paladin17 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:57 pm

In other words, just as we've discussed here, no alternative model is proposed, just pointless arguing.

nick c

Unread post by nick c » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:17 pm

If one criticizes a model or theory, is it a requirement of science that one replace it with an alternative?
Isn't it worth something of scientific value to present evidence that goes against or falsifies a model?
If not, then what happens to evidence that is a contraindication to an accepted model or even an outright falsification?
Does it just get ignored because an alternative model was not presented?

paladin17

Unread post by paladin17 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:05 pm

nick c wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:17 pm If one criticizes a model or theory, is it a requirement of science that one replace it with an alternative?
Isn't it worth something of scientific value to present evidence that goes against or falsifies a model?
If not, then what happens to evidence that is a contraindication to an accepted model or even an outright falsification?
Does it just get ignored because an alternative model was not presented?
On this forum, as far as I can see, messages like "Ha-ha, look at these idiots!" (without any productive discussion of alternatives) are the rule rather than exception. This is very unfortunate, but it's a fact.

BeAChooser

Unread post by BeAChooser » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:34 am

paladin17 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:57 pm no alternative model is proposed, just pointless arguing.
I explained exactly why my comments were not pointless in that thread. You simply ignored my post on that. So what's that say?

nick c

Unread post by nick c » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:10 pm

paladin17 wrote:On this forum, as far as I can see, messages like "Ha-ha, look at these idiots!" (without any productive discussion of alternatives) are the rule rather than exception. This is very unfortunate, but it's a fact.
Eugene,
I think this is a matter of your expectations of what this forum should be, being incongruent with what it actually is.

The format has limitations.
-anyone who is interested in the topics covered, is welcome to join
-there are no prerequisites for participation, such as degrees, courses, experience, etc. etc.
-there is no mechanism for formal debate
-there is no peer review or any other type of filtering process other than a requirement for compliance with forum Rules and Regulations which are plainly stated on the Announcement board

i prefer to look at this venue as a "coffee house" where interested people can get together to exchange ideas pertaining to new paradigms, in an informal setting.
We attract people from all walks of life. The commonality being an interest in the Electric Universe/Plasma Cosmology.

The forum is a free for all, ideas presented are attacked and defended, or not.
Often times the viewer has to subjectively separate the wheat from the chaff.

With that being said, I have been a member of this forum in all of its three versions, and over that course of that time we have had an eclectic group of theorists and professionals in a variety of fields... mixed in with people seeking a venue for promoting their own pet theories, with the majority here having varying levels of intellectual curiosity.

-

Michael Mozina

Unread post by Michael Mozina » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:57 pm

paladin17 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:57 pm In other words, just as we've discussed here, no alternative model is proposed, just pointless arguing.
But that's not actually the case. Birkeland's cathode model "predicts" the existence of "electrical connections" between the surface of the sun and what Birkeland called "space", which we might "interpret" today as the sun's heliosphere. There's actually a full *century* of 'explanations' for this "open line" phenomenon in EU/PC models of the sun. They all predict current carrying "lines" which connect the sun to the heliosphere.
Propose an alternative model, please. Maybe even describe a coronal hole with it.
They also predict "coronal holes" produced by the cathode rays/electron beams that flow off the sun toward space, and which have been verified by NASA satellites in space.

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/sune ... trahl.html

On the other hand, every first semester student of electromagnetism knows that magnetic "lines" aren't even "real" in the conventional sense, and they always form as full continuum, and they are "always closed" loops. Period. They're akin to topology lines on a topology map, nothing more. They aren't capable of being "open" in the first place, nor are they "physically real" lines as the mainstream keeps trying to assert anymore than topology lines on a 2D topology map are "real".

The whole "gas" commentary in that article is utter nonsense. What makes the sun unique is the fact it's got a *plasma* (not gas) atmosphere which unlike a gas is capable of sustained current flow. That's the primary difference between a gas and a plasma.

The mainstream is certainly lost, and full of BS. It's absurd not to point that out, or to be afraid to point that out. Pointing out *errors* is an essential and necessary part of doing science.

paladin17

Unread post by paladin17 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:59 pm

Michael Mozina wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:57 pm

But that's not actually the case. Birkeland's cathode model "predicts" the existence of "electrical connections" between the surface of the sun and what Birkeland called "space", which we might "interpret" today as the sun's heliosphere. There's actually a full *century* of 'explanations' for this "open line" phenomenon in EU/PC models of the sun. They all predict current carrying "lines" which connect the sun to the heliosphere.
This is kind of irrelevant, as it doesn't relate to the topic. But still I'd like to hear your opinion specifically in my framework (actual predictions, actually verifiable/falsifiable).
So, do you think there are more X-flares produced at the limb of the Sun or at the center? If we take the last 2 cycles and just count how many X-flares there were at the middle half of the disk versus the outer half, say.
What do you think? (And why?).

JHL

Unread post by JHL » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:03 am

Michael, I really, genuinely appreciate and enjoy your remarks, but again I ask, what do you mean with all the single and double quotes, the asterisks, and so forth? I can't follow if you're emphasizing, quoting, or being ironic.

Not trying to be pedantic here.

The text editor allows for bold, italics, and underlining. Quote an external source "like this".

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:25 am

"In other words, just as we've discussed here, no alternative model is proposed, just pointless arguing."

Proposing an alternative is not the subject of the thread.

When people stay on topic, instead of changing the subject, some very important work can get done on a good science forum (like this one).
“Oh for shame, how these mortals put the blame upon us gods, for they say evils come from us, when it is they rather who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given…”
~Homer