The MUSE Extremely Deep Field

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.
antosarai

The MUSE Extremely Deep Field

Unread post by antosarai » Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:20 pm

For the first time, several filaments of the 'cosmic web' have been directly observed...
Did you see it?

https://www.cnrs.fr/en/first-images-cos ... f-galaxies
MUSE, The Cosmic Time Machine -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fh2Y6Zyhwc

jackokie

Re: The MUSE Extremely Deep Field

Unread post by jackokie » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:38 pm

antosarai:

From the article:

"Although the filaments of gas in which galaxies are born have long been predicted by cosmological models..."

"The filamentary structure of hydrogen gas in which galaxies form, known as the cosmic web, is one of the major predictions of the model of the Big Bang and of galaxy formation..."

I'm no expert on the Big Bang, but I don't recall any expectations of filaments, just gravity pulling dust together. Did I miss something?
Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once.

antosarai

Unread post by antosarai » Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:46 pm

jackokie wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:38 pmI'm no expert on the Big Bang,...
Neither am I.
but I don't recall any expectations of filaments, just gravity pulling dust together. Did I miss something?
Probably, yes.

jacmac

Unread post by jacmac » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:41 am

filaments of gas
And they really don't like the PLASMA word.

BeAChooser

Unread post by BeAChooser » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:44 am

jackokie wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:38 pm I'm no expert on the Big Bang, but I don't recall any expectations of filaments, just gravity pulling dust together. Did I miss something?
I distinctly remember discussions I had with Big Bang proponents in the mid 90s over at JREF (now International Skeptics Forum) where they ridiculed the notion that plasma filaments were ubiquitous (Alfven's prediction). It wasn't until Hubble started showing images of large scale filaments that the mainstream began to accept the idea that there might be filaments out there, but even then they ignored the likely real cause and placed all their bets on bogus dark matter computer models (i.e., garbage in garbage out).

Earl Sinclair

Unread post by Earl Sinclair » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:59 pm

They'll modify their theory ( under extreme duress ), rename "dark matter" to "ether" and "black holes" to, well, something cooler than "plasmoid" - and claim they were on the right track all along.

Earl

crawler

Unread post by crawler » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:14 pm

Earl Sinclair wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:59 pm They'll modify their theory ( under extreme duress ), rename "dark matter" to "ether" and "black holes" to, well, something cooler than "plasmoid" - and claim they were on the right track all along.Earl
The correct theory will certainly involve aether.
And if plasmoids exist then they too will involve aether.
Aether gives us everything in the universe.
STR is krapp -- & GTR is mostly krapp.
The present Einsteinian Dark Age of science will soon end – for the times they are a-changin'.
The aether will return – it never left.