Vera Rubin: Proving the Existence of Dark Matter

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.
BeAChooser

Unread post by BeAChooser » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:31 pm

https://historyofyesterday.com/vera-rub ... rk-matter/
Except she didn’t.

And never received a Nobel prize for it

IF (and that's a big if now) they eventually do prove DM exists, then by all means, give her estate a Nobel Prize. But if they don’t, then the media needs to admit that her so-called discovery led astrophysics on a wild goose chase costing taxpayers around the world AT LEAST 10's of billions of dollars. And huge opportunity costs. Just saying ...

crawler

Re: Vera Rubin: Proving the Existence of Dark Matter

Unread post by crawler » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:17 pm

...............A great discovery for astronomy
Scientists have discovered that a small part of dark matter is made up of neutrino particles — particles that move at very high speeds but do not interact with ordinary matter. Emily Levesque, an astronomer at the University of Washington, told Astronomy in June that Vera Rubin deserved the Nobel Prize because the discovery of dark matter revolutionized astronomy and the concept of the universe.................

Interesting.... I have told this forum that the free photon is the fundamental particle.... & that a neutrino is a pair of photons sharing the same axis but 180 deg out of phase (not my idea)(Williamson i think).... & i also said/wrote that it is possible that the neutrino is the fundamental particle, ie that paired photons rule, ie that they (neutrinos) then split to give ordinary free photons.

Also.... I have told this forum that free photons form loops to become confined photons (or semi-confined).... & that these are our elementary particles (electrons etc).... & i also said/wrote that it is possible that neutrinos might be able to form loops, in which case that kind of dark elementary particle could form in effect dark matter..... & i said/wrote that if a body was made up entirely of dark fundamental particles then it might be a kind of black hole.

But that duznt mean that i agree with anyone that DM is needed to explain the peculiar rotation of spiral galaxies. Just saying.

I am aware that EU says that neutrinos form aether -- but i dont agree with that.
STR is krapp -- & GTR is mostly krapp.
The present Einsteinian Dark Age of science will soon end – for the times they are a-changin'.
The aether will return – it never left.

allynh

Unread post by allynh » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:56 am

Thanks for the article.

I remember most of that when it happened. I've watched everything diverge from reality since, and I do not know how to correct the divergence.

I have an odd feeling that Rubin was just one more step in the divergence, that some earlier event started everything, and it just snowballed from there.

I can see one earlier event with Shapley highjacking cosmology as I pointed out in one post, but he could not have done that without some even earlier event.

Harlow Shapley and the Great Debate
https://www.thunderbolts.info/forum/php ... =45#p47958

Some of the links have changed.

Great Debate (astronomy)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Debate_(astronomy)

I suspect it has to do with "perspective" and how everything changed with each event. See the "Arguments" section of the wiki page as example.

Each change in "perspective"; small universe to large universe, then Rubin's seeing that galaxies rotate as "disks" rather than follow Newton's Laws, then "consensus" voting that the universe was 13.75 billion light years, then "consensus" pushing "inflation", leaves people with nothing solid to stand on.

BeAChooser

Unread post by BeAChooser » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:02 am

allynh wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:56 am I have an odd feeling that Rubin was just one more step in the divergence, that some earlier event started everything, and it just snowballed from there.
Well, Zwicky invented the term Dark Matter and his reasoning had to do with the motions of the Coma Cluster. He calculated there must be 400 times more mass than could be accounted for by starlight. Currently the discrepancy is down to 5 or so in terms of missing mass, and astronomers are finding more hidden mass all the time, so it wouldn’t surprise me that eventually there is no missing mass with respect to the Coma Cluster. But his work predisposed astronomers to accept the notion that there must some sort of exotic invisible particle out there to account for all the mass. And by the time Peratt came along and blew the claim that only DM could account for galaxy rotation curves out of the water, the schools had already brainwashed young astronomers into discounting any other possibility, regardless of the evidence. Plus the funding to find DM was already a cash cow by that time. All I know is that DM believers control of education and the funding is now translating into a lot of satellites being launched and earth being moved to find DM . In fact, I just read that deep below the surface in South Dakota, construction crews have tunneled out nearly 400,000 tons of rock for a new DM detector, and their only half done!