Time For A New Tactic By Our Side ...

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light? If you have a personal favorite theory, that is in someway related to the Electric Universe, this is where it can be posted.
BeAChooser
Posts: 885
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:24 am

Time For A New Tactic By Our Side ...

Unread post by BeAChooser » Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:22 pm

This is an article written by a 3rd year PHD student in physics at Harvard to the public at large.

Mind you, she’s the next generation of astrophysicists.

https://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2018 ... rk-matter/
Seeing the Invisible: A short history of the scientific evidence of dark matter
In it, she regurgitates the main pillar of Dark Matter evidence ... that only DM can explain the rotation curves of galaxies. But this is absolutely and demonstrably false. And we've known it's false for nearly 40 years because way back in the 1980s Anthony Peratt, a plasma physicist, proved it was false. He showed that the rotation curves of galaxies don’t need dark matter to explain them ... that electromagnetic effects on plasma can do it. And we know these electromagnetic effects exist because we can create them in our labs here on earth. And we now know that they exist in galaxies as far as we can see out there. We know it with far more certainty than the DM advocates *know* DM exists. We can even model these phenomena ... not invisible entities ... with certainty rather than delusion.

So here’s my question, folks. If the mainstream won’t even discuss Peratt’s work, what are we to do? If the mainstream won't even teach future astrophysicists about the work of Peratt, what are we to do? If the media is used to propagandize the DM falsehoods and refuses to do it's own investigation of the truth, what are we to do? How are we ever going to make any progress this effort we're involved in?

Go on trying to use honey? If you believe that, you are kidding yourself. We are wasting our time trying to stop these people with honey.

It’s time to get serious and stop them by taking away their funding, even if it means cutting all funding for astrophysics conducted outside the solar system for a while. We need to put all the DM believing astrophysicists out of work so we can reboot astrophysics.

That’s the ONLY way we’re going to get it to return to conducting real science instead of a cultish belief in invisible gnomes.

Comments?

BeAChooser
Posts: 885
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:24 am

Re: Time For A New Tactic By Our Side ...

Unread post by BeAChooser » Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:33 am

Wow! I can suggest cutting off funding for most of Astrophysics and no-one comments? I guess you all agree. :D

jackokie
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:10 am

Re: Time For A New Tactic By Our Side ...

Unread post by jackokie » Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:50 pm

@BeAChooser I have suggested in a couple of posts that those of us here who are really committed to the EU model should all participate in the comment threads of Dr. Lerner's JWST videos. The result: Crickets. AFAIK I'm the only one championing the EU model on those threads. Sad.
Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once.

Higgsy
Posts: 628
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:32 pm

Re: Time For A New Tactic By Our Side ...

Unread post by Higgsy » Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:50 pm

BeAChooser wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:33 am
I can suggest cutting off funding for most of Astrophysics and no-one comments?
The forum is dead and is now your personal soapbox, then you make a suggestion for a specific action which you and everyone else on this benighted backwater are completely impotent to implement. And you expect comments? Like what? “yes, let’s do that immediately. Right now, no more delays. You have my support. We should have done it years ago.” You must be suffering from delusions of grandeur.
"Why would the conservation of charge even matter?" - Cargo

BeAChooser
Posts: 885
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:24 am

Re: Time For A New Tactic By Our Side ...

Unread post by BeAChooser » Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:02 pm

You still around Higgsy? Will wonders never cease! I thought Covid might have got you. Still wearing your mask?

Found your mysterious dark matter yet? No? Oh what a shame. But the good news is you get to keep on looking ... and get paid for that *work*? (sarcasm). Want to comment on the JWST results that show scads of fully developed spiral galaxies at 300-400 million years post Big Bang gnome? Yet another completely unexpected discovery by you gnomers? I see a lot of handwaving going on.

Shall I point out some new helically wound plasma filaments for you to just ... well ... ignore? No? You've already got enough of them troubling your mind ... or not as case may be for gnome believing cult members. Because belief is everything, right? Might we discuss Anthony Peratt's work ... or is that still on the verboten list never to even be hinted at? Have any new gnomes of your own you'd like to offer up ... to make it all *make sense*? No? Well don't worry, I spend half my time here just noting new ones to add to the mountain of existing ones.

And I take it you don't like my suggestion that we stop the waste of billions in tax money endlessly going to all the gnome believers for research that isn't going to make a dimes bit of difference in anyone's lives ... except those on the receiving end of that grift. Stop it at least until things get sorted out ... at least till we get out of this endless recession that your side (yes, I'm assuming) has put us in.

Could your resistance to that idea ... the one thing that has drawn you back to the forum after all these months of absence ... be because you're one of those astrophysicists who would be effected ... who is, essentially, on the dole? Worried about your mortgage? Your retirement plan? Your kids education in some fancy, progressive, Ivy League institution of higher learning? Inquiring minds want to know.

BeAChooser
Posts: 885
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:24 am

Re: Time For A New Tactic By Our Side ...

Unread post by BeAChooser » Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:06 am

I guess Higgsy just stopped by to say hello. :lol:

Demosophist
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:09 pm

Re: Time For A New Tactic By Our Side ...

Unread post by Demosophist » Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:33 am

If the mainstream won’t even discuss Peratt’s work, what are we to do? If the mainstream won't even teach future astrophysicists about the work of Peratt, what are we to do? If the media is used to propagandize the DM falsehoods and refuses to do it's own investigation of the truth, what are we to do? How are we ever going to make any progress this effort we're involved in?
I would say that the strategy of deploying well-produced videos en masse is pretty good, and about the only thing one *can* do under the perceptual regime of the digital era. The effect, however, is not visible because the era itself is not visual but tactile, so to get the satisfaction of having affected something you'll have to become more attuned to tactility. Eventually tactility will become more real than visual sensation, in part because it encompasses the visual. But at the moment this is anything but obvious.

Note that this same absence of feedback exists in the political and artistic realm as well, at least for those who belong to the breakthrough echelon. Those who are not part of that echelon have misidentified the rearview mirror as the steering wheel, and they'll eventually end up in a ditch and will have to be towed home.

Demosophist
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:09 pm

Re: Time For A New Tactic By Our Side ...

Unread post by Demosophist » Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:59 am

Here's Dave Talbott coming to grips with the notion of the tipping point:
https://youtu.be/Jdh9A2auhnM?t=327

User avatar
orrery
Posts: 401
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:04 pm

Re: Time For A New Tactic By Our Side ...

Unread post by orrery » Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:57 pm

The Astromafia isn't funded by the people to begin with.
"though free to think and to act - we are held together like the stars - in firmament with ties inseparable - these ties cannot be seen but we can feel them - each of us is only part of a whole" -tesla

http://www.reddit.com/r/plasmaCosmology

BeAChooser
Posts: 885
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:24 am

Re: Time For A New Tactic By Our Side ...

Unread post by BeAChooser » Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:42 pm

orrery wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:57 pm
The Astromafia isn't funded by the people to begin with.
Of course it is, orrery. Almost their entire operation is tax payer funded. Billions upon billions of dollars forcibly taken from us.

mcfc16
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:52 pm

Re: Time For A New Tactic By Our Side ...

Unread post by mcfc16 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:52 pm

BeAChooser wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:22 pm

In it, she regurgitates the main pillar of Dark Matter evidence ... that only DM can explain the rotation curves of galaxies. But this is absolutely and demonstrably false. And we've known it's false for nearly 40 years because way back in the 1980s Anthony Peratt, a plasma physicist, proved it was false.
No, he didn't. That is why his nonsense only exists in an engineering journal where he had a lot of influence at the time. How does he explain the lensing observations of colliding galaxy clusters? Peratt had a decent understanding of lab plasmas. Beyond that, he was pretty much clueless.

mcfc16
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:52 pm

Re: Time For A New Tactic By Our Side ...

Unread post by mcfc16 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:54 pm

Demosophist wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:59 am
Here's Dave Talbott coming to grips with the notion of the tipping point:
And what is he qualified in?

BeAChooser
Posts: 885
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:24 am

Re: Time For A New Tactic By Our Side ...

Unread post by BeAChooser » Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:55 am

mcfc16 wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 10:52 pm
BeAChooser wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:22 pm

In it, she regurgitates the main pillar of Dark Matter evidence ... that only DM can explain the rotation curves of galaxies. But this is absolutely and demonstrably false. And we've known it's false for nearly 40 years because way back in the 1980s Anthony Peratt, a plasma physicist, proved it was false.
No, he didn't.
Yes he did. He showed that with known, laboratory tested, electromagnetic effects alone, he could explain the rotation curves of the galaxies that DM enthusiasts were insisting only DM explained and published multiple peer reviewed papers about that work. Now real scientists (as opposed to DM cultists) would have directly challenged that work ... but they never did. They just ignored it. Go ahead, smartass ... prove me wrong if you can. Cite ANY scientific publication that showed the work in Peratt's peer reviewed papers was wrong. Can you find even one response to that work? Bet you can't. The truth is that it was simply ignored and the DM cultists who already controlled the funding apparatus back then spent the next 40 years and countless billions of dollars on one project after another looking for their DM gnome ... and came up EMPTY.

The truth is DM cultists wasted all that money because they did NOT use scientific method 40 years ago ... .and haven't since. Why I remember discussions with folks like you (*true believers*) back in the late 90s and early 2000s who insisted that helically wound plasma filaments were a rare phenomena out there in intergalactic space. And now they are ubiquitous ... just like plasma cosmologists predicted. And instead of explaining that with the KNOWN physics that Eric Lerner and other plasma cosmologists laid out 30-40 years ago, you gnomists stacked gnome on top of gnome and built a house of cards to explain the universe. And the now the discrepancies, and that fact you haven't been able to actually prove the existence of any of your gnomes, is now catching up with you.

Now the gnomers are getting desperate ... proposing even more bizarre nonsense ... adding more gnomes ... to try and explain why you just can't seem to find that DM you told the public you *knew* with 100% certainty was out there 40 years ago. You're willing to do that because you're now too big to fail. Too many mortgages and retirement plans and children's educations and vacation plans (if we're being honest) depend on continuing the multi billion dollar folly of DM to let it fail. And you certainly have the numbers. Vast numbers of professors, scientists, support staff, engineers (that have greatly benefited from building the multi-billion dollar projects the DM cultists said they needed to find DM), science communicators, graphic artists, mainstream media reporters, and even the gullible politicians that bought your votes by funding these projects are now desperate to keep the tax payer money flowing ... uninterrupted. The cushy lives depend on it.

So ... you continue to hand wave away your failures and try to silence anyone who dares to challenge your grift with the facts. So now it's put or shut up time, mcfc16 ... newbie of the forum. You say that Peratt was proven wrong. Well then it should be easy to cite the publications that challenged the work of Anthony Peratt and showed that. Cite one. If you can't, then I think you just proved yourself to be a gullible fool ... or one of those who I named above who are desperate to keep the money flowing at any price. Which might explain why you've shown up here after all this time.

mcfc16
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:52 pm

Re: Time For A New Tactic By Our Side ...

Unread post by mcfc16 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:47 pm

BeAChooser wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:55 am
Yes he did. He showed that with known, laboratory tested, electromagnetic effects alone, he could explain the rotation curves of the galaxies that DM enthusiasts were insisting only DM explained and published multiple peer reviewed papers about that work. Now real scientists (as opposed to DM cultists) would have directly challenged that work ... but they never did. They just ignored it. Go ahead, smartass ... prove me wrong if you can. Cite ANY scientific publication that showed the work in Peratt's peer reviewed papers was wrong. Can you find even one response to that work? Bet you can't.[/b].
No he didn't. He wrote a bunch of nonsense in an engineering journal, fully aware that nobody would see it there. Others, with a bit more of a clue, tried to explain rotation curves using EM in more relevant journals, where they did get noticed. And debunked. Battaner & Florido, ring a bell. Let me have a butcher's........ Ah, yes;
Early claims were made by Nelson (1988), Battaner et al. (1992), Battaner (1993), and Binney (1992) that there exists a very strong magnetic field which could speed up the interstellar gas (but not the stars), to the point of reproducing the flat curve of rotational velocity against galactic radius. These claims were investigated and found unsupportable.
Cosmic magnetic fields – as observed in the Universe, in galactic dynamos, and in the Milky Way
Vallee, J. P. (2004)
New Astronomy Reviews (paywalled, but who doesn't know how to get round them?)

So, Peratt's explanation failed. For the same reason as the other, more widely read, claims failed.

And now they are ubiquitous ... just like plasma cosmologists predicted.
Really? Where? You mean the cosmic web? Not a current. Not even close. And its morphology was predicted by LCDM. And simulated. It matches the LCDM model.
Now the gnomers are getting desperate ... proposing even more bizarre nonsense ... adding more gnomes ... to try and explain why you just can't seem to find that DM you told the public you *knew* with 100% certainty was out there 40 years ago. You're willing to do that because you're now too big to fail. Too many mortgages and retirement plans and children's educations and vacation plans (if we're being honest) depend on continuing the multi billion dollar folly of DM to let it fail. And you certainly have the numbers. Vast numbers of professors, scientists, support staff, engineers (that have greatly benefited from building the multi-billion dollar projects the DM cultists said they needed to find DM), science communicators, graphic artists, mainstream media reporters, and even the gullible politicians that bought your votes by funding these projects are now desperate to keep the tax payer money flowing ... uninterrupted. The cushy lives depend on it
.

More typical crackpot word salad. No science.
So ... you continue to hand wave away your failures and try to silence anyone who dares to challenge your grift with the facts.
What failures? And which 'facts'? You don't seem to have any. Just screeds of word salad and polemic.

So now it's put or shut up time, mcfc16 ... newbie of the forum. You say that Peratt was proven wrong. Well then it should be easy to cite the publications that challenged the work of Anthony Peratt and showed that.
Already done. Not to Peratt, as his nonsense would never have been seen in the journal he published in. As he well knew. But to similar.

If Peratt is all you've got, with a failed 'model' that even he hasn't bothered with in a quarter of a century, then you really have nothing. How does he explain the lensing observations of colliding galaxy clusters that strongly support DM, and no other model? Even the MONDists now need 'some' DM to try to remain relevant. They aren't.

jackokie
Posts: 242
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:10 am

Re: Time For A New Tactic By Our Side ...

Unread post by jackokie » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:35 am

@mcfc16
The lack of a pile-it-higher-and-deeper didn't seem to bother NASA and JPL; they gave Lerner a series of contracts to design and conduct experiments on the Deep Plasma Focus.

The credentials of auditory scientists didn't prevent them from not understanding how the inner ear worked until Thomas Gold figured it out while a graduate student at Cambridge.

The link below is to an article about peer review and its relation to the replication crisis. It's not a pretty picture.

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/215 ... tatistics

And now a few words from a scientist who was smarter than you are, knew a lot more than you will ever know, and was universally recognized as an outstanding theoretical physicist and teacher:
"It does not matter who you are, or how smart you are, or what title you have, or how many of you there are, and certainly not how many papers your side has published, if your prediction is wrong then your hypothesis is wrong. Period." ~ Richard P. Feynman
Wrong predictions. Hmmm. Seems like that's come up lately about a certain sclerotic cosmology. Oh, well, moving along.
"It is necessary to look at the results of observation objectively, because you, the experimenter, might like one result better than another." ~ Richard P. Feynman
LIGO, black hole photography, oscillating neutrinos, Big Bang - there's a lot of that result preference going around these days. The guy was certainly prescient.
"Science is the organized skepticism in the reliability of expert opinion." ~ Richard P. Feynman

"Have no respect whatsoever for authority; forget who said it and instead look what he starts with, where he ends up, and ask yourself, is it reasonable?" ~ Richard P. Feynman
And my favorite this week:
"Ordinary fools are all right; you can talk to them, and try to help them out. But pompous fools-guys who are fools and are covering it all over and impressing people as to how wonderful they are with all this hocus pocus-THAT, I CANNOT STAND! An ordinary fool isn't a faker; an honest fool is all right. But a dishonest fool is terrible!" ~ Richard P. Feynman
Sounds like he got your number, Bob Smith/Plasma Physics 101/ian w/ and whatever voice you're hearing inside your head. I eagerly await you telling us Feynman was an "idiot", a "clueless amateur", his contribution to the Manhattan Project "nonsense", and his work with
*the path integral formulation of quantum mechanics,
*the theory of quantum electrodynamics, and
*the physics of the superfluidity of supercooled liquid helium was

"pseudoscientific woo". Please us tell that Feynman winning the 1965 Nobel Prize for physics was a joke.

Speaking of jokes, you have outdone any prior beclowning of yourself I have witnessed. Good job. But your channeling of Don Rickles is wearing thin, so I'm going to let other members deal with you (we've got a couple of masochists around here somewhere, I think) from now on.
Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once.

Post Reply