corona heating mechanism

Plasma and electricity in space. Failure of gravity-only cosmology. Exposing the myths of dark matter, dark energy, black holes, neutron stars, and other mathematical constructs. The electric model of stars. Predictions and confirmations of the electric comet.
jacmac

corona heating mechanism

Unread post by jacmac » Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:24 pm

This paper is from the list provided by Lloyd Jan 6,2022.
https://phys.org/news/2022-01-liquid-me ... orona.html
It looks into the heating mechanism of the corona which is in the millions of degrees.
This remains a problem with mainstream astronomy due to the much lower temperature of the photosphere at around 6,000 degrees Celsius.

The paper:
That magnetic fields play a dominant role in heating the sun's corona is now widely accepted in solar physics. However, it remains controversial whether this effect is mainly due to a sudden change in magnetic field structures in the solar plasma or to the dampening of different types of waves.
"Just below the sun's corona lies the so-called magnetic canopy, a layer in which magnetic fields are aligned largely parallel to the solar surface.
I assume the "magnetic canopy" is the chromosphere.
As I have proposed elsewhere the chromosphere is a double layer.
Thus ,in my view, the condensing plasma (and high energy particles from the interstellar medium) coming from as far away as the heliopause in towards the sun is in large part stopped by the chromosphere. The double layer is working.
However, there is current passing through the chromosphere. The quote above about the magnetic fields aligned largely parallel to the solar surface indicates currents passing out (and into) the solar surface. The lowest temperature in the sun is about 4,300 degrees, is within the chromosphere, and is an indication of the more highly aligned currents crossing the double layer boundaries.

So, the incoming plasma is largely turned back by the double layer which causes great chaos as it turns at the base of the corona and slams into the continuing incoming plasma. This plasma logjam is the reason for the million degree temperatures found above the chromosphere in the near corona atmosphere of the sun. It also explains observed sudden changes in magnetic fields or dampening of Alfven waves discussed in the paper.

The electric plasma nature of the three main parts of the sun (photosphere, chromosphere, corona) generally supports the EU model of our solar system but IMO does not support the so called electric discharge as presented by Thornhill and Scott. There are similarities with the Crooks tube in lab settings, and similarities with the Safire project experiments. However, both are supplied different voltage potentials from a separate connection to an EXTERNAL voltage source at each side of the electrical equation, or circuit.

With the sun, all the electrical charges come from the same source...the condensing plasma within the solar system in addition to high energy particles from outside the solar system. The inner body of the sun no doubt gets charged by the process but does not enjoy a separate electrical connection from whatever is happening at the heliopause. To describe the sun as an anode (or cathode) is misleading in general and in particular continues the need for, and search for, the solar CIRCUIT.

The sun is a free space organic phenomena.
The plasma has the ability to separate charge,
to organize the separated charges into large structures,
and do work (in the physics sense).

One thing plasma does a lot is condense about large suitable bodies in space,
and form structures we call stars.

Jack

Maol

Re: corona heating mechanism

Unread post by Maol » Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:45 pm

If there is are plasma waves, there are regions of rarefaction and compression and the regions of compression will be higher temperature. (like compression ignition in a Diesel engine) The phenomenon which causes rogue waves occurs anywhere in nature there are waves and occurring in the plasma waves could result in waves stacking up enough compression to result in the heat observed.

jackokie

Unread post by jackokie » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:08 pm

@jacmac As you may have noticed, back in April - May 2021 Brigit and I discussed some of the issues in mapping the solar circuit, and resumed the discussion just the other day. Among the topics discussed I suggested that unless plasma transitioned from dark mode to glow mode as if one flipped a switch, there should be some kind of radiation from dark mode plasma. If we could detect and map this radiation do you think it might provide at least a start in mapping the solar circuit?

Also, nowadays it seems fairly certain that current flows between the sun and at least some of the planets. Could their also be circuits between the planets, and could this be part of the solar circuit?
Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once.

BeAChooser

Unread post by BeAChooser » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:12 pm

jackokie wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:08 pm @jacmac As you may have noticed, back in April - May 2021 Brigit and I discussed some of the issues in mapping the solar circuit, and resumed the discussion just the other day. Among the topics discussed I suggested that unless plasma transitioned from dark mode to glow mode as if one flipped a switch, there should be some kind of radiation from dark mode plasma. If we could detect and map this radiation do you think it might provide at least a start in mapping the solar circuit?

Also, nowadays it seems fairly certain that current flows between the sun and at least some of the planets. Could their also be circuits between the planets, and could this be part of the solar circuit?
I thought I’d bring this to your attention.

Here’s a just announced model of solar system formation that the mainstream seems to be pinning their hopes on …

https://news.rice.edu/news/2022/earth-i ... gs-planets

In it they ASSUMED that “three bands of high pressure arose within the young sun’s disk of gas and dust” and that they account for the “solar systems architecture”. The three bands (rings) occur at the silicate sublimation line, the H20 “snow-line” and the CO snow-line. Hence their model is only a function of gravity and temperature. It does not account for the effects of electromagnetism, electric current and the physics of plasma. Indeed, their paper (https://arxiv.org/pdf/2112.15558.pdf ) doesn’t mention the word "plasma" or “electr” anything. In my mind, it’s just another example of Garbage In, Garbage Out. And this is where your tax payer dollars are being spent.

It’s another example of the mainstream not having a clue what’s really going on out there because their *experts* were not educated but indoctrinated. It’s another example of them assuming a gnome to explain what they don’t really understand. I wonder if the authors even know about the solar model that Hannes Alfven and Gustaf Arrhenius created? Somehow I doubt it. I doubt their model even begins to explain why 99% of the angular momentum in the solar system is in the orbiting planets. Indeed, “momentum” is another word that isn’t in their *scientific* paper. How can any model of solar formation not address that? How can the mainstream be so blind to what observations are now suggesting?

jackokie

Unread post by jackokie » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:49 am

@BeAChooser If you haven't seen my latest posts in the The Future of Science topic please take a look. I had something nice to say about you.

Last year I expressed the thought that while this website does a good job in documenting EU theory, it is a boutique operation, and now the absence of the Picture of the Day feature leaves it somewhat diminished. I believe the JWT offers EU proponents an opportunity to promote the EU, with a prediction of what the JWT will reveal similar to Wal Thornhill's predictions for the Deep Impact visit to Tempel 1.

My career has been in the IT business, not Academia, with factory automation and large scale data mining the most recent. I am not a retiring guy, and would probably be ejected from the cloister were I in Academia. Blushing violets and milquetoasts do not last long on the factory floor, particularly if it's a union shop. It is my nature to push back against BS, and I am tired to death of the daily ration of consensus horse-pucky being tossed out with nary a pushback in sight. On the blogs I visit I'll post some relevant EU info when the latest PopSci fantasy is discussed, but I've been amazed at the lack of curiosity, even rigidity, on display. Sometimes the feedback is hostile and dismissive; "it's drivel", "crackpot theory", etc. almost as soon as my comment has posted.

Here are the things I believe need to line up if we are to take advantage of the JWT, but I have no idea how to bring them about or if they're realistic. But longest journey, single step, some assembly required.

1. Scientists committed to "Operation Enlightenment". I would hope that Wal Thornhill, Don Scott, Michael Clarage, and others would coordinate the EU response.

2. Main responses from "EU Headquarters". Thunderbolts, Holoscience, ??

3. Press releases. I believe the "Fuller Brush" approach is needed here; the Fuller Brush company believed if you knocked on enough doors you'd sell some brushes. I think EU press releases should be be disseminated as widely as possible, including to the gatekeepers. Any nibble of interest should be followed up.
Important: The release should be very matter-of-fact, even laconic; it should mention the standard model only where contrast between the models is necessary. It should never criticize the drooling consensus astrologers for the boneheads they are. :D

4. Papers published in an accessible "journal". Your link to the article "Escaping Cosmology's Failing Paradigm" was encouraging, but a recent look at A Cosmology Group was not. One organization that looks hopeful is the Center for Open Science. The links below are to their main website and a companion site for managing research. Check out the Center's publication "Guidelines for Transparency and Openness Promotion (TOP) in Journal Policies and Practices (The TOP Guidelines)" at their website (could not attach PDF). Compared to some of the papers I examined at the COS website EU will look pretty tame.

"https://www.cos.io"
"https://osf.io"

That's all I've got for now. I hope it doesn't seem I'm tilting at windmills.

Edited for typos.

jacmac

Unread post by jacmac » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:54 am

jackokie
Among the topics discussed I suggested that unless plasma transitioned from dark mode to glow mode as if one flipped a switch, there should be some kind of radiation from dark mode plasma. If we could detect and map this radiation do you think it might provide at least a start in mapping the solar circuit?
It would certainly be helpful to be able to detect, or see, dark mode plasma moving about the solar system.
This paper by Antonella Greco https://lesia.obspm.fr/turbu/talks/Grec ... _turbu.pdf
might be useful. He discusses:
Detection and analysis of turbulent structures using
the Partial Variance of Increments method
and:
Turbulent cascade in the solar wind:
anisotropy and dissipation
the focus is on determining structures in the solar wind.
on page 4 he (they) show
A sketch of the flux-tube structure of the solar-wind plasma.
(I can not copy the sketch ?)
it shows independent plasma tubes intertwined like "a plate of spaghetti".
These would be familiar to us as Birkeland currents or called by the mainstream flux ropes.
Greco says:
One interpretation of the strong discontinuities is that they are the walls between
filamentary structures of a discontinuous solar wind plasma …….
[Burlaga, 1969; Borovsky, 2006; Borovsky and Denton, 2010
His methods might be useful in finding dark mode plasma flows.

You, jakokie also asked :
Could their also be circuits between the planets, and could this be part of the solar circuit?
As to circuits between the planets it is my understanding that the magnetosphere of Venus reaches to the earth.
That of Jupiter extends to near Saturn. I don't know of the other planets.
There is a circuit of about 5 million amps between Jupiter and it's moon Io.

A reminder here is that I have proposed our solar system to NOT have what is a NORMAL circuit.
That the solar system is like a CELL within its surroundings and organizes itself to create a star.
I am trying to solve the missing complete circuit problem by saying...... there isn't one.
There is no massive flow of hidden voltage or plasma coming in at the poles to then "discharge" to the heliopause.
Any dark current flow into the poles, as we have here on earth to create our aurora, would be a part of our very complicated sun but not THE main driver of the suns existence... IMO.

As AN ASIDE to this thread, but fascinating to me, is Greco's description of these plasma tubes as
The scale sizes of the flux tubes correspond
to the scale sizes of granules on the solar surface. (From Borovsky, 2008).
This links Birkeland currents of the solar wind with granules in the photosphere; which suggests to me an
induction type of relationship between the photospheric granules and the flux tubes in the corona, across the separation of the chromosphere.
The EU and the main stream lack an explanation of the chromosphere. We need to flush out Dr. Scotts quiet assertion that the chromosphere is a double layer.
But I digress.

Thanks for the questions.
Jack

jackokie

Unread post by jackokie » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:00 pm

@jacmac You're most welcome. After reading your last comment I realized I needed to bring myself up-to-date on the discussions here in the forum. I started with the Sunward Electrons thread, and that's where I'm at today. Your concept about a cell structure instead of a "solar circuit" seems worth pursuing. I'm not going to be able to contribute much to the theoretical discussion of what powers the sun, but I strongly believe we need to focus on those aspects of EU theory that are testable, i.e., by experiment or (credible) observation and then do all we can to see that the tests are actually carried out. Speculation and fabulist thinking have overtaken the consensus crowd. I believe success for the EU is tied to getting back to real science: Observation, hypothesis, experiment. After considering your points and reviewing the Sunward Electrons thread, more questions occurred to me that impinge on the search for the source of the sun's power. These are more of a general list than directed solely at you, but of course I welcome your thoughts (apologies in advance if it seems I should have done my homework better before I started asking questions):

1. It seemed to be fairly constant in the discussion and supporting material to state things like "the strahl electrons are moving faster than the rest of the solar wind", or "the density was found to be x per cubic centimeter".
* What is the confidence level for the instruments taking the measurements?
* How many different versions of these instruments have been used? How do they correlate?
* Are these instruments subject to drift from their calibrated settings?
* How certain are we that their performance is not affected or degraded after long exposure to space?
* How many of the published values are the actual raw numbers and how many have been "massaged"?
* How many of the papers published about the solar wind refer to measurements taken near earth as opposed to out in the wider solar system?

2. As has been acknowledged before, most measurements have been made on or near the plane of the ecliptic.
* Has any probe traveled the same path more than once? If so, how do the measurements taken compare?
* Has a comparison been made between measurements taken above, on, and below the galaxy's plane, or different locations along the path of the solar system's orbit?
* What percent of the volume of the heliosphere have these probes covered? What is the possibility that important parts of the solar circuit reside in the unexplored regions?
* Could the gamma rays in the vicinity of the sun possibly be a factor in accounting for the sun's total electrical energy? Do they cause any measurable Compton scattering?

4. What is happening in the area between the sun's surface and solid core (if it has one)? Is it relatively quiet or full of energetic activity that plasma's properties conspire to keep below the surface? Are CMEs and flares caused somehow by arc discharges or something like? In a cell-like structure what role could the granules be playing?

jackokie

Unread post by jackokie » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:03 pm

@jacmac You're most welcome. After reading your last comment I realized I needed to bring myself up-to-date on the discussions here in the forum. I started with the Sunward Electrons thread, and that's where I'm at today. Your concept about a cell structure instead of a "solar circuit" seems worth pursuing. I'm not going to be able to contribute much to the theoretical discussion of what powers the sun, but I strongly believe we need to focus on those aspects of EU theory that are testable, i.e., by experiment or (credible) observation and then do all we can to see that the tests are actually carried out. Speculation and fabulist thinking have overtaken the consensus crowd. I believe success for the EU is tied to getting back to real science: Observation, hypothesis, experiment. After considering your points and reviewing the Sunward Electrons thread, more questions occurred to me that impinge on the search for the source of the sun's power. These are more of a general list than directed solely at you, but of course I welcome your thoughts (apologies in advance if it seems I should have done my homework better before I started asking questions):

1. It seemed to be fairly constant in the discussion and supporting material to state things like "the strahl electrons are moving faster than the rest of the solar wind", or "the density was found to be x per cubic centimeter".
* What is the confidence level for the instruments taking the measurements?
* How many different versions of these instruments have been used? How do they correlate?
* Are these instruments subject to drift from their calibrated settings?
* How certain are we that their performance is not affected or degraded after long exposure to space?
* How many of the published values are the actual raw numbers and how many have been "massaged"?
* How many of the papers published about the solar wind refer to measurements taken near earth as opposed to out in the wider solar system?

2. As has been acknowledged before, most measurements have been made on or near the plane of the ecliptic.
* Has any probe traveled the same path more than once? If so, how do the measurements taken compare?
* Has a comparison been made between measurements taken above, on, and below the galaxy's plane, or different locations along the path of the solar system's orbit?
* What percent of the volume of the heliosphere have these probes covered? What is the possibility that important parts of the solar circuit reside in the unexplored regions?
* Could the gamma rays in the vicinity of the sun possibly be a factor in accounting for the sun's total electrical energy? Do they cause any measurable Compton scattering?

3. What is happening in the area between the sun's surface and solid core (if it has one)? Is it relatively quiet or full of energetic activity that plasma's properties conspire to keep below the surface? Are CMEs and flares caused somehow by arc discharges or something like? In a cell-like structure what role could the granules be playing?

Edited for typo.

jacmac

Unread post by jacmac » Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:29 pm

That's quite a list of questions. The technical abilities and project results of the mainstream astronomy community are quite spectacular.
To send probes to Pluto, take photos and data, and return information to us on earth, for example, is amazing.
So to question their instruments and their deployment is likely counterproductive.
The focus of the EU and other alternate groups is on analysis and conclusions of the mainstream.
Could the gamma rays in the vicinity of the sun possibly be a factor in accounting for the sun's total electrical energy? Do they cause any measurable Compton scattering?
As has been acknowledged before, most measurements have been made on or near the plane of the ecliptic.
What is the possibility that important parts of the solar circuit reside in the unexplored regions?
What is happening in the area between the sun's surface and solid core (if it has one)? Is it relatively quiet or full of energetic activity that plasma's properties conspire to keep below the surface? Are CMEs and flares caused somehow by arc discharges or something like?
These are all scattered about the forum to be found and added to if one wishes.
In a cell-like structure what role could the granules be playing?
I am proposing that the entire solar system is a cell like structure,
with the whole sun ( a solid body within the photosphere, chromosphere, and corona) in the nucleus.

The EU idea at the present speaks of a sun in a circuit, being externally powered and discharging to the heliopause.
In seeking a solar "circuit" to power the discharge there needs to be a voltage source supplied to the sun
that is at a different potential than the outer heliopause. How is this voltage supplied to the sun ? Where is the final part of the circuit ?
How can one node connecting a voltage potential be completely surrounded by the other node connected to the other voltage potential ?
The sun is completely surrounded by the heliopause. This, IMO, is the basic missing detail of the EU solar circuit.

Also, an electric circuit that is discharging does not explain the chromosphere that separates the photosphere from the corona.
There is little mention of the chromosphere in the EU story or in the mainstream hydrogen fusion dialogue either.

A cell structure would have different properties and components than a discharging circuit structure.
A cell structure can explain the chromosphere as a plasma self created and maintained double layer.

I'm proposing different way to talk about the electric sun.
I believe a better approach is to include more focus on the self organizing properties of plasma in space.

The granules are the moving sections of the trapped plasma under the chromosphere double layer.

Jack

Maol

Unread post by Maol » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:48 pm

Maol wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:45 pm If there is are plasma waves, there are regions of rarefaction and compression and the regions of compression will be higher temperature. (like compression ignition in a Diesel engine) The phenomenon which causes rogue waves occurs anywhere in nature there are waves and occurring in the plasma waves could result in waves stacking up enough compression to result in the heat observed.
https://phys.org/news/2022-01-arase-sat ... lasma.html

This phenomena is related to what I was referring to in suggesting wave resonance in the double layer could explain amplifying energy and the high temperature observed in the corona. I should have used the capacitance / inductance resonance of a Tesla coil which results in the high voltage as an example, but I expected members here to understand and used the other analogies to refer to the heat and the phenomenon of wave synchronization amplifying wave height, as it does in a Tesla coil and other examples of resonation, electrical or mechanical.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:45 am

The coronal heat is not thermal:
https://youtu.be/cuiBf8TCt0A?list=TLPQM ... GZ4Q&t=716
There is still no empirical evidence to support the idea of a hot Sun.
“I think 99 times and find nothing. I stop thinking, swim in silence, and the truth comes to me.” -Albert Einstein

BeAChooser

Unread post by BeAChooser » Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:43 am

Very interesting. Thanks.

jacmac

Unread post by jacmac » Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:42 am

Thanks, Gary N, for the link to Dr. Michael Clarage's video.
I need to watch it again a few times....
He mentions a sheath around the Photosphere but does not call it the chromosphere
nor does he call it a double layer.
This could be related to: not much discussion of the chromosphere or that it is a double layer in the EU dialogue IMO.

Maol:
This phenomena is related to what I was referring to in suggesting wave resonance in the double layer could explain amplifying energy and the high temperature observed in the corona.
"Fast magnetosonic waves" (MSWs)
"electromagnetic ion cyclotron" (EMIC) wave,
These waves and their interactions COULD BE at work in the higher chromosphere transition zone or above.
As you may notice, I am keeping my ideas and comments at the layman's language level
where my science training, or lack thereof, hangs out.

I suggest that if the chromosphere is a double layer, that would mean the Photosphere is the "trapped" plasma as Don Scott describes it and
the plasma above, the corona , is the partially excluded plasma, and is thus turned about and mixed with the incoming plasma producing high temperatures.

Dr Clarage also mentions the 40 to 50 GeV missing range of the Gamma rays.
He links it to the Iron atom which has a special place on the energy curve related to gaining and loosing electrons by the different elements.
I need to understand that situation better, but it begs the question .......
DOES the sun use the missing Gamma ray energy to form the chromosphere double layer structure ???

I just found this very good article on the sun at Britannica.com
https://www.britannica.com/place/Sun
It gives a lot of good information.