RIP Wal Thornhill (1942-2023)

New threads (topics) in the Announcements forum are only to be initiated by Forum Administrators. Of course, users are encouraged to post replies where appropriate.
jacmac

Wal Thornhill

Unread post by jacmac » Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:02 pm

Thunderbolts.Info changed my life.
Thank you Wal.

nick c

RIP Wal Thornhill (1942-2023)

Unread post by nick c » Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:03 pm

It is with great sadness, that today we learned of the passing of Wal Thornhill.
Condolences to his family and friends.
He will be missed.
https://tributes.canberratimes.com.au/o ... thornhill/

mcnaugha

Re: RIP Wal Thornhill (1942-2023)

Unread post by mcnaugha » Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:07 pm

While it was unlikely that the paradigm shift would have finally happened during his lifetime, I think I still held out hope that it would.

This man was instrumental in allowing me to make the paradigm shift.

I’m sad that I won’t get to be in the same room as this gentleman. I had hoped one day an EU conference would be accessible to me and I’d attend.

From everything the EU community teaches, I imagined there is such a thing as “the great link”. An electrical network, unimaginably massive. We come from it, we are made from it, and we return to it when we pass. Wal will know now. He has rejoined it, untethered by his biological anchor on this planet.

I hope one day he will be remembered and honoured for most likely getting it right.

orrery

Re: Wal Thornhill

Unread post by orrery » Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:44 pm

I will forever recognize Wal as having been one of the greatest science communicators of the late 20th and early 21st century who braved this demon-haunted world to bring the Electric Universe paradigm to millions.
"though free to think and to act - we are held together like the stars - in firmament with ties inseparable - these ties cannot be seen but we can feel them - each of us is only part of a whole" -tesla

http://www.reddit.com/r/plasmaCosmology

Cargo

Unread post by Cargo » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:22 pm

Oh my.. this is incredibly sad.. RIP
interstellar filaments conducted electricity having currents as high as 10 thousand billion amperes
"You know not what. .. Perhaps you no longer trust your feelings,." Michael Clarage
"Charge separation prevents the collapse of stars." Wal Thornhill

Cargo

Re: Wal Thornhill

Unread post by Cargo » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:24 pm

jacmac wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:02 pm Thunderbolts.Info changed my life.
Thank you Wal.
+100
interstellar filaments conducted electricity having currents as high as 10 thousand billion amperes
"You know not what. .. Perhaps you no longer trust your feelings,." Michael Clarage

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:37 pm

This can't be.

It just cannot be.

He was writing a book.
“Oh for shame, how these mortals put the blame upon us gods, for they say evils come from us, when it is they rather who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given…”
~Homer

Arcmode

Unread post by Arcmode » Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:04 pm

I cried a little bit, but ultimately I trust that the universe is unfolding as it should. Wal's work completely changed my life, thinking, perception, everything. He opened science up to me, where others had closed it before. And not just to understand, but to participate and progress.

I don't live far from Melbourne and I understand he would sometimes spend time there. I used to hope that one day, for whatever reason, I could go and meet with him and talk about stuff. Oh well.

This is actually a huge day for our nation, and everybody should be aware, but this is the age of darkness. Change is coming however, because people like Wal sought the light, and inspired by his example, others continue the quest. Thank you Wal, may you know every blessing on your continuing journey of discovery.

Cargo

Tribute to Wal

Unread post by Cargo » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:13 am

I wish I could archive all of the universe that WALT has managed to be recorded. Let the Universe not forget.

https://www.holoscience.com/wp/black-ho ... gic-apart/

A tome of all his works should be compiled and bound against time, to be studied by later generations.

Holger Isenberg

Re: Tribute to Wal

Unread post by Holger Isenberg » Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:37 am

He challenged fixed worldviews in science, like an electric light guiding out of the the candle-lit dark ages of the cosmology standard model with its mist of black holes, dark matter and aggregated dust theories which are apparently frozen since several decades now.

I attended the EU2014 in Albuquerque. The most interesting and enlightening science conference I have experienced so far!

On May 31 2016 he was guest for 2 hours on this radio show, mp3 recording available for monthly subscribers: https://theothersideofmidnight.com/wallace-thornhill

The talk begins with his thoughts on the problems of the current education system, its focus on specialization with context loss, inhibiting innovation and preventing seeing connections and causing problems when evaluating the quality of information. That topic is only a the first few minutes, but may be interesting if he hasn't published or talked much about that specific topic otherwise. Afterwards continued with the EU topics.

phyllotaxis

Unread post by phyllotaxis » Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:18 pm

I'm heartbroken to receive this news-- I am so grateful for all the knowledge and inspiration this thoughtful man gave to our community over the years.

I was graced to have met Wal and the team during the EU conference back in 2013--
Thank you Wal, your efforts will be remembered for generations...

GatsbyGlen

Unread post by GatsbyGlen » Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:28 pm

Brigit wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:37 pm This can't be.

It just cannot be.

He was writing a book.
I recall hearing he was working on a book as well. I wonder what will become of that.

nick c

Unread post by nick c » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:06 pm

GatsbyBlen wrote:I recall hearing he was working on a book as well. I wonder what will become of that.
I think that we will probably have more information on that after the family has had some time to assess the situation. I believe that Wal was still working on the book and it was in the final stages.
Hopefully, the book is near enough to Wal's intended final form to eventually be published.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:48 pm

Wal and the thunderbolts team definitely changed my life and for the better I am certain. He may have left us physically but with his writings and online presence will continue to awaken those in search of a deeper understanding of the nature of and our place in the Universe. Salut.
“I think 99 times and find nothing. I stop thinking, swim in silence, and the truth comes to me.” -Albert Einstein

beekeeper

Re: Tribute to Wal

Unread post by beekeeper » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:52 pm

Greetings EU pilgrims, I imagine the EU community is shocked by the passing of its mentor prof Walter Thornhill. I met Walter at the EU conference in 2012 in Washington. He was a kind and gentle person fighting the nonsense of the prevailing theories. EU has taught me a lot just by showing me that a theory remains a theory until scientifically proven in laboratories and observations unadulterated by maybes and other imaginary convulsions. Electric Universe theory will live and grow from Prof Thornhill :work and the work and ideas of other EU thinkers. RIP Walter Thornhill
If nothing can travel faster than light, how can darkness escape it