Vale moses...

New threads (topics) in the Announcements forum are only to be initiated by Forum Administrators. Of course, users are encouraged to post replies where appropriate.
davesmith_au
Site Admin

Vale moses...

Unread post by davesmith_au » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:42 am

It is with deep regret that I announce to the forum that long-time TB forum member "moses" (Mo) passed away last Wednesday (Australian time). Many many folk on this forum will "know" Mo, I remember him from back in the 1.0 days (that must be back in the mid 00s).

Dave Smith
Thunderbolts Forum Administrator.
"Those who fail to think outside the square will always be confined within it" - Dave Smith 2007
Please visit PlasmaResources
Please visit Thunderblogs
Please visit ColumbiaDisaster

nick c

Re: Vale moses...

Unread post by nick c » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:46 pm

I enjoyed reading Mo's posts, whether I agreed or not, the posts were always thought provoking.
RIP Mo.

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:46 pm

Please don't leave us, moses!
“Oh for shame, how these mortals put the blame upon us gods, for they say evils come from us, when it is they rather who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given…”
~Homer

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:29 pm

Very sorry to hear this. As his last post was fairly recent I assume it was a quick passing, a mercy in my opinion.
“Birth in the physical is death in the spiritual. Death in the physical is birth in the spiritual.” - Edgar Cayce.
“I think 99 times and find nothing. I stop thinking, swim in silence, and the truth comes to me.” -Albert Einstein

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:24 am

Yeah, maybe Mo didn't mind leaving. Mother died last December at age 91. She was having increasing health problems and wanted to die. It didn't take her long to get her wish.

Any info on Mo's age? And what did he do for a living? Any family? Didn't he live around Adelaide, Australia? Wasn't his name Peter John Moses?

I'm 72. I hope he was older than that.

Maybe we should have a thread where we can share our profiles or bios. How about that?

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:03 am

by Lloyd » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:24 pm
"Any info on Mo's age? And what did he do for a living? Any family? Didn't he live around Adelaide, Australia? Wasn't his name Peter John Moses?
I'm 72. I hope he was older than that.
Maybe we should have a thread where we can share our profiles or bios. How about that?
"

I was taken up very short by Mo's passing, and it is difficult to work out how he is gone so suddenly. I never even got to see his picture. I would really love to see him, and I wish I could see all of you for that matter. In fact I am just going to beg you all to please, please take care of yourselves and stay around. Even if we don't ever get to meet in person there is a connection that is real on this forum and I can't bear for anything to happen to any of you. Remember that we are each and every one of us sinners, and we need a hand out of the kingdom of darkness. If we confess our sins, Jesus is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us of all unrighteousness. And if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, then we have fellowship with each other and the blood of Jesus cleanses us of all sin. After that, He sends His Spirit to dwell in our hearts and guide us.

I like Lloyd's idea. As long as we are still arguing. (: Cheers mo.
“Oh for shame, how these mortals put the blame upon us gods, for they say evils come from us, when it is they rather who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given…”
~Homer

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:49 am

I'm near St Louis. Where are the rest of you all? I know where Charles, Brant and Gordon, also where Dave Talbott, Dave Smith, Wal Thornhill have lived recently.

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:38 am

by Lloyd » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:49 pm
"I'm near St Louis. Where are the rest of you all?"

We live in Washington State.
~Homer

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:30 pm

Lloyd, have you always lived in the mid-west?

I think Missouri looks so interesting, geologically.
~Homer

Lloyd

Unread post by Lloyd » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:10 pm

I'm on the Illinois side of the river.