Which Cardona book?

Books, journal articles, web pages, and news reports that can help to clarify the history and promise of the Electric Universe hypothesis.
Demosophist

Which Cardona book?

Unread post by Demosophist » Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:21 am

If you could only afford to read one book by Dwardu (because they don't exist in US libraries) which would it be? Ted Holden proposes Flare Star. What do you think? (I suppose there will be advocates for every book in the series, haha.)

nick c

Re: Which Cardona book?

Unread post by nick c » Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:14 pm

God Star (2006) was the first, which is probably the best place to start.
All of Cardona's books are around $50,
Kindle is an alternative at around $12, the last time I looked.

Demosophist

Unread post by Demosophist » Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:06 am

nick c wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:14 pm God Star (2006) was the first, which is probably the best place to start.
All of Cardona's books are around $50,
Kindle is an alternative at around $12, the last time I looked.
The Kindle versions are a disappointment. They're basically page images that aren't readable on a kindle, but seem to work on the Windows app. I bought the God Star paperback, which is enormous. It's more of a coffee table book than a laptop book. Also, the kindle version of God Star isn't available in the US for some reason. It might be available in the UK. There are PDF versions on archive.org of all the books, but they're kind of rough with some pages missing. But quality-wise they're actually better than the kindle versions. I don't think Trafford Press put much effort into creating the kindle editions, and Amazon wants $200 for the hard copy version of Newborn Star!

nick c

Unread post by nick c » Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:52 am

I bought the God Star paperback, which is enormous. It's more of a coffee table book than a laptop book.
I suggest that you sit down, get your reading glasses if necessary, and start reading the paperback of God Star.
Yes, the book is enormous, but if you want to read Cardona that is as good place as any to start. You have to realize that there is a reason that the author wrote 5 volumes in the series, and they all deal with the author's reconstruction of humanity's past,

Cardona pays attention to details, and builds his case in a slow and methodical style.

I have been at odds with some of Cardona's positions. (From my experience with the post Velikovsky catastrophists it is obvious that nobody agrees with anyone on everything. It is a work in progress.)

But overall Cardona's work is an amazing presentation of the Saturn Theory.

Demosophist

Unread post by Demosophist » Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:23 am

Thanks. I am reading it. I actually live near Dave Talbott, so he's a bit higher on the priority list, in case I run into him in the neighborhood. I've some ideas that tie EU into Marshall McLuhan and Barry Nevitt on the effects of technology on mentality (or what some call consciousness) which appears to be something that has been overlooked so far in the EU realm, but I want to catch up first. It's not just the physics paradigm that's changing, it's all paradigms in every realm of human activity... It was Nevitt who came up with the Tetrad that was attributed to McLuhan: Enhancement, Obsolescence, Retrieval, and Reversal. We're definitely being hit with the retrieval effect due to the digital revolution, and it has barely begun.