test post

New threads (topics) in the Announcements forum are only to be initiated by Forum Administrators. Of course, users are encouraged to post replies where appropriate.
Robertus Maximus

Re: Question on, Posting of Images/pictures

Unread post by Robertus Maximus » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:42 pm

allynh wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:39 pm
- Are we no longer able to upload images the way we did on the old Forum.

I've looked at the FAQ page and it says:
Can I post images?

Yes, images can be shown in your posts. If the administrator has allowed attachments, you may be able to upload the image to the board. Otherwise, you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.example.com/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor images stored behind authentication mechanisms, e.g. hotmail or yahoo mailboxes, password protected sites, etc. To display the image use the BBCode [img] tag.
As JP Michael showed above, you can post an img if you have a link to some web site, so that does work.
As of 2020-02-03 17:30 GMT, I am still unable to upload images via the 'Attachments' tab as I was able to do in the v2.0 Forum. I have tried various file formats and attempted to upload an image previously uploaded on a v2.0 Forum thread with no luck.
Not everyone may wish to use a publicly accessible web server.
Just a thought...

JP Michael

Re: test post

Unread post by JP Michael » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:42 pm

Image attachment test:

Fig. 1. Doppler Radar 'Zone of Cancellation'
download.png
[Edit] yes, img attachments are not working right now.
download.png

Im getting an error message attached to this post:

"You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post."

I tested posting outside of the announcement forum and it is the same. Mods will need to tweak attachment permissions in the ACP.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Zyxzevn

Bug report

Unread post by Zyxzevn » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:51 am

If I click on top-left link "thunderbolts.info"
I go to the old forum.
I think it would look best to have links to "thunderbolts.info" and to the new forum.
Maybe looking like buttons:
[Thunderbolts.info] [ Forum]
More ** from zyxzevn at: Paradigm change and C@