How to stop an ‘electrical’ volcano erupting? - just for fun discussion

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light? If you have a personal favorite theory, that is in someway related to the Electric Universe, this is where it can be posted.
Ignisavis

How to stop an ‘electrical’ volcano erupting? - just for fun discussion

Unread post by Ignisavis » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:26 pm

I’m sorry to post this perhaps slightly silly question, but I’m working on a book of mine (science fiction) and I’m hoping you will entertain the notion briefly!

Assuming one had the resources and required available level of technology, assuming there was such a thing, would there be a mildly credible way of lessening or preventing a volcanic eruption? It seems there is a connection between volcanoes and electrical phenomena and I’ve heard of several very interesting theories of subsurface electrical currents causing volcanism (excuse my clumsy explanations) soooo I figured perhaps there would be (hypothetically at least) an electrical means of alleviating it perhaps. Any takers lol? By the way I am also interested in the serious research of such things, not just the science fiction aspect, if anyone would like to point me in the direction of more realistic lines of enquiry also 😁

danda

Re: How to stop an ‘electrical’ volcano erupting? - just for fun discussion

Unread post by danda » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:48 am

Volcanos may be triggered by solar activity, so if one could somehow dampen/buffer the incoming energy, perhaps one could stop a volcanic eruption.