The Plasma spark piano, now reality

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light? If you have a personal favorite theory, that is in someway related to the Electric Universe, this is where it can be posted.
Holger Isenberg

The Plasma spark piano, now reality

Unread post by Holger Isenberg » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:16 am

If the ancient stories about trumpet and other loud sounds from the sky inspired the engineer here, I don't know, but he actually built a playable 88-keys piano with a moving electrode for each key producing a 10cm long frequency modulated plasma arc to emit the loud sound for each note!

video: "1000000 VOLT PLASMA PIANO (I GOT SHOCKED)"
author and engineer: Mattias Krantz
date: 2023-01-22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8WXvDLofL8

Maol

Re: The Plasma spark piano, now reality

Unread post by Maol » Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:25 am

With a tip of the hat to Robert Moog, but after seeing the effort the gentleman put into that contraption my 100+ year old upright still sounds pretty good even though it needs the tuning nursed a little now and then or when the seasons change.