A quick question about Jno Cook

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light? If you have a personal favorite theory, that is in someway related to the Electric Universe, this is where it can be posted.
Demosophist

A quick question about Jno Cook

Unread post by Demosophist » Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:17 pm

Does anyone know what happened to him? I ordered a PDF of his books but never got a download link, and the email I sent to his email address was returned as undeliverable. I noticed that they're still selling hard copies of his books on Amazon so someone must be around. I realize that the tomes are online, but I wanted something I could take offline.

nick c

Re: A quick question about Jno Cook

Unread post by nick c » Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:25 am

I believe that Jno Cook passed away in 2018.
http://www.thevisualist.org/2019/07/mem ... -jno-cook/
and
https://jnocook.net/memorial/

"Saturnian Cosmology" is still (for now) available on line:
https://saturniancosmology.org/

Used hard copies of his book, "Recovering the Lost World," are available for purchase from Abe Books:
https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Search ... ults&ds=20
There might be less expensive copies from other book sellers or ebay.

v3.0 forum thread:
https://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/forum3/ph ... ?f=4&t=487

v2.0 forum thread:
http://www.thunderbolts.info/forum/phpB ... php?t=7294

Demosophist

Unread post by Demosophist » Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:39 am

That's too bad. Someone should do something about his storefront though, because it's not working, but it still takes your money.

nick c

Unread post by nick c » Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:11 pm

Jno Cook (RIP) was more of an artist rather than a rigorous researcher. His writings on man's catastrophic past seem to be more inspiration than hard evidenced based research. He does not seem to care much for the technique of comparative myth analysis to uncover man's catastrophic past, nor does he support his scenarios with physical evidence from science.

By comparison, Velikovsky used comparative analysis of myth and history in Worlds In Collision (1950) and then supported his thesis with geology, paleontology, astronomy, and other "hard" sciences in Earth In Upheaval (1955). Velikovsky's work was focused on what he theorized was the last in a series of catastrophes which began with Saturn going nova after an theorized encounter with Jupiter. He hinted that Earth was formerly a satellite of Saturn.

Inspired by Velikovsky, the next generation of researchers elaborated upon and perfected V's technique, and uncovered many of the details of the Saturn Theory....Talbott, Cardona, Cochrane, and others continued that research pushing us to realize the long suppressed collective memories. Wal Thornhill, came along and opened the door to how plasmas and electricity in space provided a heretofore unrealized physical mechanism for the ancient testimony of the warfare of the "gods" and its effects on our planet.

From my own studies of this subject, I see two big problems with Jno Cook's catastrophic work. The first is the lack of rigorous method mentioned above and the second is a bit more subtle - chronology.
From where does Jno come up with all of these dates?

philalethes

Unread post by philalethes » Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:57 pm

I've been dipping in and out of various chapters in his book over the past year. I recall that he says the calendar records of the meso-american indians are much more complete and with these he could nail down the various passages of Venus. But I also think I recall he says he was doing the translations!
Still, I learned things I hadn't picked up before, such as that Peratt spoke of three large plasmoids over the South Pole before Squatterman in the north; and that plasma lines flowed from these to the north, surrounding earth in a tube like structure; and that plasma flows in these lines was seen by humans as souls after death, or other animations in the heavens. Perhaps this was one of his artistic reconstructions?

Another idea was that the earth also had rings which over thousands of years disintegrated. These created a "foundation" above, the Abzu and stories about it.

I try to imagine how the world appeared back then, and that our minds and psyches were in a much more fluidic impressionable, even dream like, state, perhaps semi-telepathic. I imagine souls from Mars and Venus came to visit travelling down the World Axis; perhaps they had more of an etheric or astral body, but were seen or felt by humanity in that dreamtime. Thus the gods.
Australian shaman have said the in earlier times shaman could climb up this Tree to the Upper Worlds, but now that is lost.

I oft wonder if when Mars was being catastrophically electro-shocked that older civilizations from there did not manage to get some exiles to earth. This would be another race memory of escaping in an "Ark." Humans have certainly had many stories about "Martians" and the Egypto-nature of the face on Mars at Cydonia comes to mind. WHO might have helped humans suddenly jump start advanced civilizations both in Egypt and Sumer at about the same exact time? Might not these "elites" who seem now so anxious to get back to Mars, be the ones behind the scenes who are so focused on culling the human herd back...their "cattle?" Did you see that item few years ago where some group in Yemen claimed they were the original owners of Mars? And Yemen is where the 12 tribes got their start, although it is more likely there is a group using the tribes as a beard.

To paraphrase J.B.S. Haldane :Our history is not only stranger than we imagine; it is stranger than we can imagine!"