UFOs and Science

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light? If you have a personal favorite theory, that is in someway related to the Electric Universe, this is where it can be posted.
BeAChooser

UFOs and Science

Unread post by BeAChooser » Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:53 am

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ained.html
A classified report due to be sent to Congress Monday lists more than 150 cases of unexplained UFO encounters by military and government officials in the past year, sources told DailyMail.com exclusively.

The 22-page report, compiled by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI), analyzes 366 cases – and only about half of them could be explained, two sources close to the department said.
Maybe the reason they can’t explain them is that our scientists have been chasing gnomes for more than 50 years?
Examples include video shot by Reaper drones conducting surveillance in the Middle East that caught 'orbs' flying around then 'suddenly bolting off the screen'.

Others, an ODNI source said, are similar to famous encounters by Navy F-18 fighter pilots who saw, filmed and registered on radar 'tic tac' and 'gimbal' shaped craft flitting near training areas off the US east and west coasts, moving at supersonic speeds and performing incredible maneuvers with no apparent means of propulsion.

The G-forces from the sharp turns at eye-watering velocities were so extreme they would have crushed the skull of a human pilot trying to perform the same maneuver. 

… snip …

All cases came from 'US government sources'.

… snip …

there are s***loads of classified videos that are pretty profound and pretty clear.

'They don't want to talk about this stuff, because they really, really don't know what the hell they are. That's the truth.'

… snip …

The ODNI source said there are dozens of classified UFO videos on government servers filmed by MQ-9 Reaper drones abroad.

'These drones operate 20-25,000 feet up in the air and they're flying around. We're keeping an eye on bad guys all over the world,' they said. 

'An operator will be zoomed in looking at a town in Syria. And all of a sudden, a little orb will go flying through the viewfinder.

'The operator's like, ''What the hell?'' And so he starts focusing on it and he just watches the orb for a while. We might get it for 30 seconds, we might watch it for 10 minutes. And then it will do something remarkable, like suddenly bolt off the screen.'

One tape seen by the source shows a UFO diving into the ocean 'without making a splash.'

'There's some pretty spectacular videos,' they said.

… snip …

Ryan Graves, one of the Navy F-18 pilots who encountered 'gimbal'-shaped objects pulling high-gravity turns and showing no propulsion heat signature on infra-red cameras, tweeted on Friday about the danger of ignoring such cases.

… snip …

'We're probably seeing five a month, maybe 10 a month. In a single report you might have 10 incidents.'
Maybe Covid is the least of our worries?

Dotini

Re: UFOs and Science

Unread post by Dotini » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:57 am

Nice post, brings the topic right up to date! Government, military and contractor scientists are now free to report and study the phenomena without ridicule. There will still be heavy classification and secrecy, though.

Personally, I don't think we have anything to worry about the phenomena being dangerous to humans like Covid, although those who came too close have suffered burns and even possibly something akin to Havana syndrome. I definitely think it is plasma phenomena, and just may represent a different form of consciousness.

GaryN

Unread post by GaryN » Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:24 pm

I just watched a video about The Varginha UFO incident and really believe the witnesses were genuine. A YouTube video about the documentary can be found at https://youtu.be/yP7KiiE-sD0?t=1, and the documentary itself is available (for a price) at https://vimeo.com/ondemand/momentofcontact
“I think 99 times and find nothing. I stop thinking, swim in silence, and the truth comes to me.” -Albert Einstein

BeAChooser

Unread post by BeAChooser » Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:39 am

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... e-00084537
We Have a Real UFO Problem. And It’s Not Balloons.

On a clear, sunny day in April 2014, two F/A-18s took off for an air combat training mission off the coast of Virginia. The jets, part of my Navy fighter squadron, climbed to an altitude of 12,000 and steered towards Warning Area W-72, an exclusive block of airspace ten miles east of Virginia Beach. All traffic into the training area goes through a single GPS point at a set altitude — almost like a doorway into a massive room where military jets can operate without running into other aircraft. Just at the moment the two jets crossed the threshold, one of the pilots saw a dark gray cube inside of a clear sphere — motionless against the wind, fixed directly at the entry point. The jets, only 100 feet apart, zipped past the object on either side. The pilots had come so dangerously close to something they couldn’t identify that they terminated the training mission immediately and returned to base

“I almost hit one of those damn things!” the flight leader, still shaken by the incident, told us shortly after in the pilots’ ready room. We all knew exactly what he meant. “Those damn things” had been plaguing us for the previous eight months.

… snip …

Initially, the objects were showing up on our newly upgraded radars and we assumed they were “ghosts in the machine,” or software glitches. But then we began to correlate the radar tracks with multiple surveillance systems, including infrared sensors that detected heat signatures. Then came the hair-raising near misses that required us to take evasive action.

These were no mere balloons. The unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP) accelerated at speeds up to Mach 1, the speed of sound. They could hold their position, appearing motionless, despite Category 4 hurricane-force winds of 120 knots. They did not have any visible means of lift, control surfaces or propulsion — in other words nothing that resembled normal aircraft with wings, flaps or engines. And they outlasted our fighter jets, operating continuously throughout the day. I am a formally trained engineer, but the technology they demonstrated defied my understanding.

After that near-miss, we had no choice but to submit a safety report, hoping that something could be done before it was too late. But there was no official acknowledgement of what we experienced and no further mechanism to report the sightings — even as other aircrew flying along the East coast quietly began sharing similar experiences. Our only option was to cancel or move our training, as the UAP continued to maneuver in our vicinity unchecked.

Nearly a decade later we still don’t know what they were.
Maybe we'd know if the powers that be had put the same effort into investigating them as they put into finding dark matter.
But there has not been anything near the level of public and official attention that has been paid to the recent shoot downs of a Chinese spy balloon and the three other unknown objects that were likely research balloons.

And that’s a problem.

Advanced objects demonstrating cutting-edge technology that we cannot explain are routinely flying over our military bases or entering restricted airspace.

“UAP events continue to occur in restricted or sensitive airspace, highlighting possible concerns for safety of flight or adversary collection activity,” the Director of National Intelligence reported last month, citing 247 new reports over the last 17 months. “Some UAP appeared to remain stationary in winds aloft, move against the wind, maneuver abruptly, or move at considerable speed, without discernible means of propulsion.”

The Navy has also officially acknowledged 11 near misses with UAP that required evasive action and triggered mandatory safety reports between 2004 and 2021. Advanced UAP also pose a growing safety hazard to commercial airliners. Last May, the Federal Aviation Administration issued an alert after a passenger aircraft flying over West Virginia experienced a rare failure of two major systems while passing underneath what appeared to be a UAP.

One thing we do know is these craft aren’t part of some classified U.S. project. “We were quite confident that was not the explanation,” Scott Bray, the deputy director of the Office of Naval Intelligence, testified before Congress last year.

Florida Sen. Marco Rubio confirmed in a recent interview that whatever the origin of these objects it is not the U.S. military. “We have things flying over our military bases and places where we’re conducting military exercises and we don’t know what it is and it isn’t ours,” said Rubio, who is vice chair of the Intelligence Committee.
Seriously, shouldn't this be a whole lot more concern than proving dark matter exists?

I say yes, unless they want to tell us that these UFOs are powered by dark matter.

More likely, they're powered by electromagnetic technology or something that isn't even on our radar (so to speak). :o

jackokie

Unread post by jackokie » Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:53 pm

BeAChooser said:
Seriously, shouldn't this be a whole lot more concern than proving dark matter exists?

I say yes, unless they want to tell us that these UFOs are powered by dark matter.
Now hold on, @BAC. Don't be giving the gnomists any ideas.

The longer the BB hangs on, the longer the refusal to consider e.........y in mainstream cosmology, the more inclined I am to believe these UFOs are like the UN disarmament inspectors chasing Saddam's WMDs: Ensuring the galactic powers' proscriptions against real physics on Earth are enforced until we grow up.
Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once.

BeAChooser

Unread post by BeAChooser » Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:31 pm

jackokie wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:53 pm The longer the BB hangs on, the longer the refusal to consider e.........y in mainstream cosmology, the more inclined I am to believe these UFOs are like the UN disarmament inspectors chasing Saddam's WMDs: Ensuring the galactic powers' proscriptions against real physics on Earth are enforced until we grow up.
You might be right! Perhaps the only thing keeping galactic powers from placing the Earth into guardianship or receivership or whatever is that the mainstream hasn't found that highly dangerous substance called dark matter. Maybe the mainstream is placing us all at risk by their actions!

Ignisavis

Unread post by Ignisavis » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:32 pm

Funny you should mention the gnomes because I have been reading (well, listening to) Graham Hancock’s book Visionary recently and the connection he suggested between shamanic experiences, fairies and ufos was fascinating.