Plasma - Self Organizing?

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light? If you have a personal favorite theory, that is in someway related to the Electric Universe, this is where it can be posted.
Brigit

Plasma - Self Organizing?

Unread post by Brigit » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:01 pm

A spelling mistake ?! What ? Defuse ?

There are two rules I follow: If I correct the mistake before anyone else, It Never Happened. Second, always make hay from a mistake when correcting it.

So what I meant to say was "diffuse."

• dif·fuse
    VERB
    spread or cause to spread over a wide area or among a large number of people:
    "technologies diffuse rapidly" ·
    synonyms:
    spread · spread out · spread around · send out · scatter · disperse ·
  • ADJECTIVE
    spread out over a large area; not concentrated:
    "the diffuse community centered on the church" ·
    synonyms:
    spread out · diffused · scattered · dispersed · not concentrated

What I intended, obviously, was to contrast two states of matter: gas and plasma. This is helpful because we all understand the way a gas spreads into a room. It diffuses with an i and two fs. It may be colorless and odorless, or it may carry other agents, like a scent, which is made up of benzenes, which are not pollutants, in my opinion. Gas, we are taught, has no definite shape and no definite volume. Plasma, which we do experience sometimes on the planet earth, takes forms of its own. And these forms are recognizable to us: we see sheets, or cells, or sometimes braids and filaments. The plasma forms also glow in a lot of different wavelengths.

And that is partly why we might say, "Look at that aurora borealis. I think it might be really exciting because it looks like it is self-organizing."
(;
“Oh for shame, how these mortals put the blame upon us gods, for they say evils come from us, when it is they rather who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given…”
~Homer