SAFIRE Experiment: 8 Potential Applications to Natural Phenomena

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light? If you have a personal favorite theory, that is in someway related to the Electric Universe, this is where it can be posted.
Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:36 pm

allynh » Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:57 pm says,
"I mentioned in another thread that I would like them to rent a Digital X-Ray camera, and see if they are producing X-Rays."

Hi allynh. I have assumed for a long time that no Electric Universe test, experiment, or independent space exploration would ever cut out the higher frequencies, the way that N A S A projects usually do.

But did SAFIRE have X-ray detection? What about gamma radiation detection? So I see your higher frequency camera wish -- and double it with gamma ray measurement !

They did have an instrument called a bolometer, which according to wikipedia, is able to detect all radiation.
  • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Bolo ... ematic.svg
    Fig. 2. Schematic of a bolometer. "Bolometers are directly sensitive to the energy left inside the absorber. For this reason they can be used not only for ionizing particles and photons, but also for non-ionizing particles, any sort of radiation, and even to search for unknown forms of mass or energy" via wik
“Oh for shame, how these mortals put the blame upon us gods, for they say evils come from us, when it is they rather who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given…”
~Homer

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:01 am

JP Michael » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:53 pm says,
"If anything, SAFIRE is too perfect a representation (and ignoring the "anode" emphasis of that project as well) to be comparable with the sun. Our sun is dirty, big and has an unknown core. SAFIRE is clean, small and has a known hollow or solid metallic core."

This is an interesting thought. Perhaps we could try big charcoal sticks. Or another option for the anode might be some kind of crystalline semiconductor.

I think various materials for the anode would be amazing to explore.

Nevertheless, the idea of testing an electric sun involves electrodes, which must be conductive.

How "dirty, big and unknown" is the core of the electric sun? That is an idea which could be reasonably explored in experiment.
“Oh for shame, how these mortals put the blame upon us gods, for they say evils come from us, when it is they rather who by their own recklessness win sorrow beyond what is given…”
~Homer

allynh

Re: SAFIRE Experiment: 8 Potential Applications to Natural Phenomena

Unread post by allynh » Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:50 pm

The thing about a Digital X-Ray camera, is that it would take a picture, not just detect X-Rays.

I don't know what the lenses or focal length of the camera is, but the hope is to image where the X-Rays are coming from among the layers.

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:58 pm

Last edited by Brigit on Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~Homer

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:11 pm

Holger Isenberg » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:14 am says,
"Interesting! But contamination is difficult to exclude. See this mystery of the sodium plasma in the microwave oven as example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0u8Vtf2GoQ There the yellow-glowing sodium plasma is most likely created by dissolved sodium from the beaker glass, which is a bit surprising to see how the glass corrodes so quickly within seconds."

So true. "Contamination is always difficult to exclude." SEM images of materials before and after are critical, and even then anyone can claim the instrument was to blame for the seeming result. You actually could say in the case of unexpected results that "contamination will always be impossible to exclude".

However, transmutation may be occurring around us in the natural world and in these double layers, and not just in stellar fusion and distant supernova explosions as is supposed.

In the case of the youtube experiment, it does seem likely that the glass contributed some sodium to the plasma. Most glass is manufactured with natron.
  • https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... Q&usqp=CAU
    Figure 3. Iced mocha with whip. "The most familiar, and historically the oldest, types of manufactured glass are "silicate glasses" based on the chemical compound silica (silicon dioxide, or quartz), the primary constituent of sand. Soda–lime glass, containing around 70% silica, accounts for around 90% of manufactured glass."

However, this youtube channel still has more tests he could make before declaring that he has solved the color of the plasma. It seems likely that sodium -- maybe in the form of ions -- could move out of the glass as it contacts the plasma in the microwave. I really don't know. But while every day glass has a higher percent of sodium and carbonates and only 70% silica, other glasses may have a much smaller sodium content.

• https://cdn.images.fecom-media.com/FE00 ... eSbrb0.jpg
    Figure 4. Glass Beaker. "Pyrex® borosilicate glass meets the specifications of the following standards: ISO 3819 & DIN12331. Due to the demanding conditions that borosilicate glass is subjected to, maximum chemical toughness, minimum thermal expansion & high resistance to thermal shock make Pyrex® the ideal material for use in any laboratory"
  • https://media.wkyc.com/assets/GANNETT/i ... 50x422.png
    Figure 5. Glass baking dishes. "Borosilicate glass is created by combining and melting boric oxide, silica sand, soda ash,[6] and alumina. Since borosilicate glass melts at a higher temperature than ordinary silicate glass, some new techniques were required for industrial production.

In addition to quartz, sodium carbonate, and aluminium oxide traditionally used in glassmaking, boron is used in the manufacture of borosilicate glass. The composition of low-expansion borosilicate glass, such as those laboratory glasses mentioned above, is approximately 80% silica, 13% boric oxide, 4% sodium oxide or potassium oxide and 2–3% aluminium oxide. Though more difficult to make than traditional glass due to its high melting temperature, it is economical to produce. Its superior durability, chemical and heat resistance finds use in chemical laboratory equipment, cookware, lighting, and in certain kinds of windows."
So he really needs to perhaps use a pure silica glass, if he cares to be certain of his result.

I enjoyed thinking about the grape plasma and "how the glass corrodes so quickly within seconds." There are some wonderful people on youtube who are running some amazing experiments, but their explanations could also be incorrect.
~Homer

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:47 pm

allynh » Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:50 pm says,
"The thing about a Digital X-Ray camera, is that it would take a picture, not just detect X-Rays.
I don't know what the lenses or focal length of the camera is, but the hope is to image where the X-Rays are coming from among the layers."

I see. I understood the x- and gamma rays to come from "events" within the chamber, but what allynh is saying is that the x-rays just might be detectable from the plasma structures being studied and may be the indicator for reactions in the low pressure/plasma chamber.
~Homer

jackokie

Unread post by jackokie » Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:58 pm

I keep seeing questions and hypotheses here in the comments that would need a laboratory to investigate, yet we seem to be reduced to waiting for someone else to write the check and do the work (hopefully with experiment designs that will actually test what we're interested in). I was going to approach the Engineering department of one of our community colleges here to see if they'd be interested in performing Cargo's threaded rod experiment, but he said he'd take care of it, so OK.

Dr. Eric Lerner's piece at the IAI has gotten some attention. For example, CNET channeled Kevin Bacon in "Animal House", and DailyWire offered a mix of Detective Frank Drebin's "Nothing to See Here" and Bagdhad Bob's "God will roast their stomachs in hell at the hands of Iraqis." There was a lot of "well, OK, but nobody's proposed an alternate model". So on a couple of sites I pointed them to Wal Thornhill's JWST videos. It amazes me how many people (and surely there weren't that many astrophysicists in the comment threads) are invested in the standard model. It was like Lerner was questioning their parentage.
Time is what prevents everything from happening all at once.

BeAChooser

Unread post by BeAChooser » Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:31 am

jackokie wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:58 pm It was like Lerner was questioning their parentage.
WORSE, he's threatening their funding ... which translates to lifestyle ... and religion.

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:11 pm

SAFIRE8 subtopic: Webb infrared mirrors

Hang on, Just a minute, doesn't that make the philosophical perspective of Materialism a Religion?
~Homer

Marioantonio

Unread post by Marioantonio » Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:18 pm

Brigit wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:11 pm SAFIRE8 subtopic: Webb infrared mirrors

Hang on, Just a minute, doesn't that make the philosophical perspective of Materialism a Religion?
Materialism sucks.

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:43 pm

Yes we have a few threads which address Materialism. It's a great topic and there are quite a few different perspectives. Great topic, but wrong time and place. Sorry all!

I really forget which thread I am on sometimes (: Apologies.
~Homer

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:04 am

allynh » Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:50 pm says,
"The thing about a Digital X-Ray camera, is that it would take a picture, not just detect X-Rays.
I don't know what the lenses or focal length of the camera is, but the hope is to image where the X-Rays are coming from among the layers."

Like I said, I assumed higher frequencies would not be excluded. It's a really important question for the SAFIRE results. They originally designed the set-up to include both a Langmuir probe and way of introducing other charged objects in the atmosphere of the electrode. The idea was a simple test of comets, specifically. Comets display electrical discharges, electrochemistry, and X-rays.

• https://www2.jpl.nasa.gov/comet/hyakutake/gif/rosat.gif

Fig. 6. First x-ray image of a comet: Comet Huyakutake Location: ROSAT satellite
    Date: March 27, 1996
    "The strength of the X-ray emission from Comet Hyakutake took the astronomers by surprise, and they are also puzzled by the rapid changes in their intensity. We had no clear expectation that comets shine in X-rays," said Dr. Michael J. Mumma of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) in Greenbelt, MD, but the opportunity to search for this radiation in a comet coming so close to the earth was too good to miss. Now we have our work cut out for us in explaining these data, but that's the kind of problem you love to have."
I am certain both x- and gamma- were emitted in the course of the adjustments, and during the tungsten probe problems.
~Homer

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:24 pm

SAFIRE 8 subtopic: choice of anode

In the choice of materials for the anode, there are four main reasons why the final version of the SAFIRE engine had to utilize the hollow metal sphere -- although it was removable and replaceable at any time, at the cost of three days' operation.

1. Temperature control. The hollow sphere allowed for Nitrogen coolant and temperature control of the anode

2. Control of Elements within the Chamber. The hollow metal sphere of a known composition and purity would be the only way to test any subsequent changes in the composition of the metals and low pressure gas discharges. Imagine if you threw in a unique admixture for the anode -- that would nullify any control of the elements present in the chamber.

3. It Is an Accurate Analogue for Stellar Structure with the Heavier Elements in the Center. How are stars formed? In the Electric Universe they are formed along filamentary plasma discharges in molecular clouds in space. That means that a star is composed of whatever is in the dusty plasma, but in the process of the z-pinch, the elements are sorted electrically. Due to Markland convection, the heavier elements are electrically compressed (and altered) in the center of the star, and the lighter elements such as H, He, O, C etc. are in the outer regions of the star. Therefore, the hollow metal sphere is an appropriate analogue for testing this model of stellar plasma discharge, after the star's electrical birth. It does not test for stars formed by any other means (such as gravitational collapse of a cloud of interstellar dust).

4. It Was a Variable Which Has Nearly Infinite Possibilities. This was a cleaner anode developed for the sake of replication of plasma formations around the electrode.
~Homer

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:55 pm

SAFIRE 8 subtopic: Electrodes in Nature....................................(2nd post today)

The second page of this thread has a lot of comments which are handy, because they summarize various perspectives on the subject of the plasma and electric universe within this particular forum.

I thought of simplifying some of the substantive points into the form of questions.

Do electrodes form in nature?
Do circuits form in nature?
Do electrets form in nature?
Do capacitors form in nature?

I think for some, the answer is no, and no amount of demonstration, experimentation, rational criticism, or reasonable debate can overcome that predisposition.

But this is the best question. I saved the best for last.

Do we teach our young people enough about the history, uses, and effects of electrodes in ordinary every day scientific applications? Can any one really appreciate the number of material benefits we have gained from using electrodes, and further, say that one has passed it on to the next generations?

That is a question I think of a lot when I read these threads. I feel we need to genuinely appreciate the thousands of uses of electrodes in applied science -- and therefore in American material culture -- before we can appreciate and demonstrate electrodes in the natural world. Otherwise, it's humanity's biggest blindspot at this moment in time.
~Homer

Brigit

Unread post by Brigit » Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:02 pm

Ya, we should get the young folks excited about all the things you can do when you get the +ve ions flowing one way, and the -ve ions flowing another way !
~Homer