The Most Devastatingly Subtle Misconception in the Whole Dang History of Science

Beyond the boundaries of established science an avalanche of exotic ideas compete for our attention. Experts tell us that these ideas should not be permitted to take up the time of working scientists, and for the most part they are surely correct. But what about the gems in the rubble pile? By what ground-rules might we bring extraordinary new possibilities to light? If you have a personal favorite theory, that is in someway related to the Electric Universe, this is where it can be posted.
jimmcginn

The Most Devastatingly Subtle Misconception in the Whole Dang History of Science

Unread post by jimmcginn » Tue May 10, 2022 5:10 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cLI_nlEbJ4&t=746s

jimmcginn

Re: The Most Devastatingly Subtle Misconception in the Whole Dang History of Science

Unread post by jimmcginn » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:34 pm

Most devastatingly Subtle Misconception in the Whole Dang History of Science
Part Two
https://youtu.be/ejJ4HLfQWRM

Origins of Structure in the atmosphere.

James McGinn / Solving Tornadoes

BuckeyeFrank

Re: The Most Devastatingly Subtle Misconception in the Whole Dang History of Science

Unread post by BuckeyeFrank » Tue Jul 19, 2022 3:05 pm

Hi JM
Watched your video. I remember some intense discussions in Ver 2 post on this topic. I think the most profitable thing I was left to ponder was how little certainty there is in this area of research ( at least what's released to the public ).

" allynh "in the Flat Earth thread has enlightened my method of inquiry. What sprang from it, is a way to put on other people's shoes ( be it, if they are left to dry facing up or facing down :? ). A method that enhances a dispassionate consideration and discussion. So please don't be insulted by this method if it comes across in any demeaning way. It will be my lack of skill in presenting it.

Watching the first video, the first thing that came to mind, was your insistence in previous discussions (forum version 2) that Water gas can't exist in conditions less than highly energized steam, if I remember right. I think this might be a contributing factor, to your original inspiration?

I liked your considering the viscosity of water in assessing the current theory. It gives a tool to reconsider accepted notions.

Revisiting your ideas has given me a perfect example of what I have been trying to articulate in the FE thread. For me the greatest value of your investigations is the example of originality, outside accepted norms. Thanks.

jimmcginn

Secrets of Flow in the Atmosphere

Unread post by jimmcginn » Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:51 am